High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 10, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #3,646 of 4,183
Neet! I am very curious how this 8wires new plussound competes vs pw1960 4wires in terms of details retrieval, resolution, treble and bass.
Of course dont forget the noir 🤩😍
Thank you @twister6

By the way thanks for amp t01 tests I found a good deal its on its way!

Don't want to cross-post with the whole copy'n'paste, and since you're already aware of my long reply in PS thread, I just going to provide a link for others if they are curious to read about @PLUSSOUND PPH4 vs PPH8 comparison, here.

ps-palladium-hybrid-22.jpg

May 13, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #3,647 of 4,183
I am considering an all-silver cable upgrade and was wondering if there are thoughts/comparisons between a few that are on the brain:
-EA Thor II+
-Satin Audio Athena
-Null Audio Thera
-DHC Clone Silver
-Norne Silvergarde
I know the list is a bit long...but any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

May 13, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #3,648 of 4,183
I had the Cleopatra and really liked it, but just a bit too smooth for me. Really opened up the sub bass tho!

May 13, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #3,649 of 4,183
I own hansound agni II 4&8 wire, compare to CCDD(heard but didn't buy) for your ref:

Agni has a lot of dynamic and energy on low end, smooth on treble, big sound stage, downside is vocal being far away with no passion, kinda V shape SQ

CCDD is smoother on treble compare to agni, and with more cohesion. Vocal more forward with passion. downside is small sound stage and not much dynamic and energy on low end.

Labkable titan ag is very sharp and harsh.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #3,650 of 4,183
I am considering an all-silver cable upgrade and was wondering if there are thoughts/comparisons between a few that are on the brain:
-EA Thor II+
-Satin Audio Athena
-Null Audio Thera
-DHC Clone Silver
-Norne Silvergarde

Thank you

You may like the pw audio cable to, give it a look.

https://www.pwaudio.com.hk/vanquish-series

May 14, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #3,651 of 4,183
-EA Thor II+
-Satin Audio Athena
-Null Audio Thera
-DHC Clone Silver
-Norne Silvergarde

Thank you

You should consider the satin Medusa II, one of the best p/p pure silver cable i’ve ever heard.

May 14, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #3,652 of 4,183
You should consider the satin Medusa II, one of the best p/p pure silver cable i’ve ever heard.

I own the Hyperion 8wire from Satin Audio. I can’t speak about the Medusa II, but I can say that Satin Audio give excellent sound value for the money the cable costs.

May 14, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #3,653 of 4,183
Give Brimar grand duke a try.

May 19, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #3,655 of 4,183
Hello friends,

I am looking to pair my QDC Anole VX with a copper cable or hybrid for a more musical sound and have narrowed it down to a few. I would love to get any feedback on which you'd recommended or other recommendations up to $350. Thanks!

PWAudio Anniversary Series No.5
Han Sound Audio | ZENTOO Plus
Eagle sign: CS Series UP-OCC COPPER
DUNU HULK

May 19, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #3,656 of 4,183
Hello friends,

I am looking to pair my QDC Anole VX with a copper cable or hybrid for a more musical sound and have narrowed it down to a few. I would love to get any feedback on which you'd recommended or other recommendations up to $350. Thanks!

PWAudio Anniversary Series No.5
Han Sound Audio | ZENTOO Plus
Eagle sign: CS Series UP-OCC COPPER
DUNU HULK

What cable u using currently? musical and narrow as?

Only one I have on your list is zentoo plus, it is 20awg thick but soft and comfortable cable. It gives a lot of low end power and overall dynamic range, treble does perform a little brighter than normal/majority of copper cable, I say brightness somewhere between silver and copper. Real big sound stage and warm touching vocal. Accurate instrument tone. This cable doesn't suit low freq emphasizing iem, it will give too much bass, nor dark/thick/dense sounding iem. But it all depends on ur taste and where u want qdc to sound like.

Others to put into consideration:
Hansound Zentoo "without plus" (2 weeks wait)
Hansound Aegis (2 weeks wait )
Plussound copper (2 weeks wait)
Toxic bw22 v2 (half a year wait)

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #3,657 of 4,183
I have a Plussound Exo copper, which is really not a "high-end" cable but very nice indeed for its price. I got it before I picked up a used PWAudio 1960. It's incredibly supple, has a very good lower end, nice clear mids and nice treble. A good clean sound overall. I've used it maybe five times, so it's in perfect condition. I'm selling it because I got the 1960, which really IS a high-end cable. They both sound great with my Zeus. I haven't listed it yet but it's sitting in its box on my desk.

May 29, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #3,659 of 4,183
@noplsestar : Based on my experience, PSquared (in other word, Oyaide PP) provides lush vocal, more bass quantity than gold plated plug and eliminates any harsh treble but trade-off to smaller sound stage compared to rodium-plated plug. While EOS plug (which is Furutech CF-7254) provide the best of detail retrieval and enlarge soundstage, but trade-off to less bass quantity compared to thicker gold-plated plugs and Oyaide PP plug.

Can't be said Oyaide PP is the best of all plug. Both provide different sound tendency.
Have anyone try to change Psquared to Furutech? My Leo2 have some issue about plug consider to change to furutech but not sure sound will change in better way or not

May 29, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #3,660 of 4,183
Have anyone try to change Psquared to Furutech? My Leo2 have some issue about plug consider to change to furutech but not sure sound will change in better way or not
Furutech will probably sound as good or better but it has seriously compromised durability. If you want to try something new, may I suggest eidolic rhodium plated parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back