High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Dec 27, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #3,421 of 4,196
I love my Ares ll 8-wire cables. I use them while walking (I have a life at home that generally precludes listening while on the couch or in a chair) and have no issues with "heaviness" or thickness. My only unhappiness about them is that EA consistently refuses to put a slider on them (and I have asked numerous times, nicely), so I've had to make one from thin leather string. Sound is truly satisfying. I'm curious about the Eletechs, but am waiting until SoCal CanJam this summer to try them (Eric said he'd be there). My Zeus (which is not warm) and my SP1000 (which is not warm) pretty much demand a copper cable. I'm a true believer in 8 vs. 4, as I had the 4's first and the 8's expanded the already wide soundstage, improved the already good placement, and added a bit of lower and upper end without losing the transparency and sparkle I value in my combination.
Regarding the Eletechs - I can wholeheartedly recommend the Iliad but the rest of their lineup isn’t quite there yet. Sounds good but the insulation (as will be covered in the review) is pretty mediocre

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #3,422 of 4,196
Code 51 review is up! Enjoy the read :)

ea_code-51-08.jpg

Dec 28, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #3,425 of 4,196
Thanks for another great review! :beerchug: Planning on giving it a try at CanJam NYC in Feb.

I think it will be at Musicteck table, all EA cables.

Dec 28, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #3,426 of 4,196
Regarding the Eletechs - I can wholeheartedly recommend the Iliad but the rest of their lineup isn’t quite there yet. Sounds good but the insulation (as will be covered in the review) is pretty mediocre

Are they stiff? Microphonic? Not being super duper soft isn’t a terrible thing as they may last longer. A lot of soft EA cables have proven to get stiff over time, so maybe this was a design choice? The PW 1950 and 1980 are both pretty stiff and lack the supple feel of some other cables, but they’re still outstanding cables. How bad are they?

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #3,427 of 4,196
Are they stiff? Microphonic? Not being super duper soft isn’t a terrible thing as they may last longer. A lot of soft EA cables have proven to get stiff over time, so maybe this was a design choice? The PW 1950 and 1980 are both pretty stiff and lack the supple feel of some other cables, but they’re still outstanding cables. How bad are they?
They aren’t microphonic but they are very stiff. It just feels wrong, or well cheap somehow - the insulation I mean. The hardware is the best I’ve come across

If you’ve ever had a 4 or 6w super stiff labkable - they’re exactly like that

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #3,431 of 4,196
Acoustune HS1670 SS + Han Sound Agni II. I really like how the Agni II increases the overall clarity aptly whilst still maintaining the body. There is an airier feeling at the top end with more crisp. The presentation is controlled with excellent extension on both ends. A highly recommended silver cable. :)

FB_IMG_1578078994710.jpg

Attachments

• photo_2020-01-03_00-12-16.jpg
    photo_2020-01-03_00-12-16.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #3,432 of 4,196
Hey everyone! 'Just published my review of PW Audio's brand-new No. 10 IEM cable. It's a vivid and wholesome-sounding cable, and one of the most powerful I've heard in its price range. As always, I hope you enjoy. Cheers! :D

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #3,433 of 4,196
Hey everyone! 'Just published my review of PW Audio's brand-new No. 10 IEM cable. It's a vivid and wholesome-sounding cable, and one of the most powerful I've heard in its price range. As always, I hope you enjoy. Cheers! :D

Do you think the 8wire version No.10 worth to get?

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #3,434 of 4,196
Do you think the 8wire version No.10 worth to get?
I am quite curious as well. I see you have a Medusa coming, and that is another cable I am interested in. Do you have the Medusa 2 coming, or the first version?

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #3,435 of 4,196
I am quite curious as well. I see you have a Medusa coming, and that is another cable I am interested in. Do you have the Medusa 2 coming, or the first version?

My bad, I already have the Medusa with me already, was one of the last few people to get it before it was replace with the 2nd gen.

The merdusa is mainly for my Z1R to get the extra treble spark and extension but since I have done the “mod”, Medusa makes it too thin sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back