High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Nov 22, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #2,551 of 4,183
My take on the Han Sound Redcore. Enjoy! :)

photo_2018-10-20_20-58-37.jpg

Hi, anyone here with Handound RedCore impressions? I wonder how this beautiful cable would pair with the PP8 ... any thoughts are helpful. (There are Black Friday deals at music sanctuary, so my wallet is in pain right now) :wink:
You can read my review above. Cheers!

red core is Singapore exclusive right?
It is a Singapore exclusive collaboration cable between Han Sound & Music Sanctuary.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #2,552 of 4,183
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #2,553 of 4,183
OC Studio Zeus UE X in 4.4mm with Final E5000. A slightly over USD 500.- combo which will make amateurs of smooth, detailed sound and impressive imaging very happy. Proper amplification needed for the E5000, though.

IMG_20181124_161901.jpg

IMG_20181124_162407.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #2,554 of 4,183
How would you guys rate the sony 4.4mm kimber cable (muc-m12sb1) as far as the copper cables go? I'm thinking about using them between my WM1A and Andromeda in order to squeeze a little bit more oomph in the lower frequencies.

I've been searching for a while but could not find any info about the purity of its copper fibers or conductivity measurements. I'd appreciate the help :)

Hey, I am using the Kimber cable with Sony XBA-N3AP and Sony ZX300/Q5-AM3B. Not my main rig, but the sound actually has more weight with the Kimbers as other Silver cables I own (Lavricable and OC Studio Zeus). The clarity will suffer a bit though. The Kimber is a good quality cable, solid and durable, bringing exactly the effect desired.

Depending on your tastes and music genres played, it could be a very potent combination. For the price, you also might try OC Studio Orpheus before pulling the trigger for the Kimber (living in Turkey, it might be difficult though). Orpheus is cheaper and OC Studio built quality is flawless. Forza Audioworks in Poland also make impressively well built and sounding cables. Price tag is pretty smooth too.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #2,558 of 4,183
Hi!

Thanks to Nic and to Sezai i have spent the last couple of weeks i tried a Silverfi R1 Cable and despite ergonomics being a little rough (specially on the guides which need some work to fit my ears), weight and microphonics (i think about it as a “home” cable, more than on the go) the sound is really special..

All test were made with a Lotto Paw Gold, Empire Ears Phantom and Earsonics EM10.

In terms of overall presentation i would say it has a neutral tonality with a little hint of warm (specially on the mids) , but at contrary with other manufacturers neutral cables and despite of having a very good technical foundation in terms of clarity and resolution it sound always remain smooth, very organic.

On bass department i found bass extension very good, with a clear focus on subbass over midbass. Punch is good and quality is great and it never bleeds in to the mids.

Mids are positioned a little forward on the mix and in my opinion are “the star of the show”, specially the voices are so emotional, with the exact body to keep them amazingly clear and very lush at the same time. Instruments sound very good too, neither too thin, neither too warm with a trueness in tone very difficult to find in other cables that i tried.

Treble as the bass is neutrally positioned, it have very good extension and its wonderfully detailed but always mantaining a gentler tone and never showing any peaks or harshness, contributing to make all the presentation very cohesive and coherent with the rest of the spectrum.

Technical aspects as layering, resolution and clarity is top notch, its soundstage is very 3D and holographic, is not to wide but very deep, and blackness of the background is great making the notes very vivid, very well separated and smooth at the same time.

If Sezai could improve the construction of the guides, being a little less rough and more gentle to the ear, i think the R1 is a very good option for someone looking for a neutral signature, very solid technical attributes and a very nice tone.

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #2,560 of 4,183
Erik @Wyville is on a [cable] roll with another detailed write up of @PLUSSOUND X6 TriCopper, just shared on Tw6 and soon on Head-fi.

IMAGE_7.JPG

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #2,561 of 4,183
Hi!

Thanks to Nic and to Sezai i have spent the last couple of weeks i tried a Silverfi R1 Cable and despite ergonomics being a little rough (specially on the guides which need some work to fit my ears), weight and microphonics (i think about it as a “home” cable, more than on the go) the sound is really special..

All test were made with a Lotto Paw Gold, Empire Ears Phantom and Earsonics EM10.

In terms of overall presentation i would say it has a neutral tonality with a little hint of warm (specially on the mids) , but at contrary with other manufacturers neutral cables and despite of having a very good technical foundation in terms of clarity and resolution it sound always remain smooth, very organic.

On bass department i found bass extension very good, with a clear focus on subbass over midbass. Punch is good and quality is great and it never bleeds in to the mids.

Mids are positioned a little forward on the mix and in my opinion are “the star of the show”, specially the voices are so emotional, with the exact body to keep them amazingly clear and very lush at the same time. Instruments sound very good too, neither too thin, neither too warm with a trueness in tone very difficult to find in other cables that i tried.

Treble as the bass is neutrally positioned, it have very good extension and its wonderfully detailed but always mantaining a gentler tone and never showing any peaks or harshness, contributing to make all the presentation very cohesive and coherent with the rest of the spectrum.

Technical aspects as layering, resolution and clarity is top notch, its soundstage is very 3D and holographic, is not to wide but very deep, and blackness of the background is great making the notes very vivid, very well separated and smooth at the same time.

If Sezai could improve the construction of the guides, being a little less rough and more gentle to the ear, i think the R1 is a very good option for someone looking for a neutral signature, very solid technical attributes and a very nice tone.

I'm not going to make myself very popular with my post here but I just have to give my two cents.. As a previous owner of a IEM-X i can just say that the build quality and wearability of the cable was utter garbage. There was not the slightest chance to get a good fit with the cable, nor a slider installed so it could get any better. Noone on earth has ears like the cable was built around - and no, I didnt plug the cable wrong. Second problem was that the 2pin connectors were just fixed with a tape and the tape went off.

Overall the 519 dollar (including remitting fees and shipping) were the worst I have ever spent on any "HiFi" equipment

Dec 13, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #2,563 of 4,183
I'm not going to make myself very popular with my post here but I just have to give my two cents.. As a previous owner of a IEM-X i can just say that the build quality and wearability of the cable was utter garbage. There was not the slightest chance to get a good fit with the cable, nor a slider installed so it could get any better. Noone on earth has ears like the cable was built around - and no, I didnt plug the cable wrong. Second problem was that the 2pin connectors were just fixed with a tape and the tape went off.

Overall the 519 dollar (including remitting fees and shipping) were the worst I have ever spent on any "HiFi" equipment
What cable and what IEM are you talking about? I did not understand sorry.

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #2,564 of 4,183
What cable and what IEM are you talking about? I did not understand sorry.
The cable is a SilverFi IEM-X. The main complaints about the SilverFi cables is that they chose to build them for sound quality first and ergonomics second.

I expect to get the IEM-X and R1 in for a review, so I will try it out and see for myself, but some people have a lot of problems with the ergonomics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back