High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Dec 13, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2,566 of 4,183
The cable is a SilverFi IEM-X. The main complaints about the SilverFi cables is that they chose to build them for sound quality first and ergonomics second.

I expect to get the IEM-X and R1 in for a review, so I will try it out and see for myself, but some people have a lot of problems with the ergonomics.

best of luck sir!
I hope he has improved building quality and ergonomics meanwhile. I know that it is still not even possible to buy it with a simple slider so i somehow doubt it

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #2,567 of 4,183
I'm not going to make myself very popular with my post here but I just have to give my two cents.. As a previous owner of a IEM-X i can just say that the build quality and wearability of the cable was utter garbage. There was not the slightest chance to get a good fit with the cable, nor a slider installed so it could get any better. Noone on earth has ears like the cable was built around - and no, I didnt plug the cable wrong. Second problem was that the 2pin connectors were just fixed with a tape and the tape went off.

Overall the 519 dollar (including remitting fees and shipping) were the worst I have ever spent on any "HiFi" equipment
Can cable made amp’s hiss sound gone? This crosslambda illusion with 4.4mm connector seems to do just that.

This post seems like a hate letter. I would like to point out that all SilverFi products are under warranty for the original owner. If a SilverFi owner has a problem with our cable he/she should inform us and ship that product to us for check and repair. Other than misuse, wrong use all of our products are under our guarantee. I am sorry to say that we have NOT received any info from the writer of this post. But he tries to stain our brand not even informing us. Maybe it was because of his misuse of our cable, maybe not. We can only see the result after checking the cable. During ordering of a iem cable we always request a 1/1 scale of an ear angle to ensure the best fit to the ear. In this case we have not received any info on that.
We have a certain form of our cable coming from the structural design. We can't and won't change this conductor technique. It's there for our uncompromising sound quality. All future users should take it as it is.

We are waiting for the IEM-X to be sent for our inspection and a possible repair.

Regards.

Silverfi Cable
S. Saktanber

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #2,568 of 4,183
This post seems like a hate letter. I would like to point out that all SilverFi products are under warranty for the original owner. If a SilverFi owner has a problem with our cable he/she should inform us and ship that product to us for check and repair. Other than misuse, wrong use all of our products are under our guarantee. I am sorry to say that we have NOT received any info from the writer of this post. But he tries to stain our brand not even informing us. Maybe it was because of his misuse of our cable, maybe not. We can only see the result after checking the cable. During ordering of a iem cable we always request a 1/1 scale of an ear angle to ensure the best fit to the ear. In this case we have not received any info on that.
We have a certain form of our cable coming from the structural design. We can't and won't change this conductor technique. It's there for our incompromides sound quality. All future users should take it as it is.

We are waiting for the IEM-X to be sent for our inspection and a posssible repair.

Regards.

Silverfi Cable
S. Saktanber
Misquoted me? My post didn't have anything to do with Silverfi cable.

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #2,569 of 4,183
We have a certain form of our cable coming from the structural design. We can't and won't change this conductor technique. It's there for our uncompromising sound quality. All future users should take it as it is.

We are waiting for the IEM-X to be sent for our inspection and a possible repair.

Regards.

Silverfi Cable
S. Saktanber
The bold part seems to be very important to be aware of when buying a cable from someone else or (as in my case) when reviewing demo cables. If I understand it correctly the bend around the ear is usually made specifically for the each customer? So when I receive the demo cables I should take into account that the bend is not an optimal fit for my ears. Is that correct?

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #2,571 of 4,183
The bold part seems to be very important to be aware of when buying a cable from someone else or (as in my case) when reviewing demo cables. If I understand it correctly the bend around the ear is usually made specifically for the each customer? So when I receive the demo cables I should take into account that the bend is not an optimal fit for my ears. Is that correct?
Yes. The bend is unique for every customer like in the case of custom inner ear monitors.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #2,573 of 4,183
I did sell the cable.

I can publish the mail conversation of my order if wanted. I was not asked to send anything regarding my ears just to make that clear. Maybe this procedure is new? I did purchase the cable over a year ago

Second it was not a hate post against your compnay. I like the idea of your cables and wish you success with it. It was just an information to other users that the build quality and ergonomy was not what you can expect from a 500+ USD product

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #2,574 of 4,183
I arrived home yesterday night to find the tour kit on my door. Everything looks alright, havent had a chance to listen yet because of the holidays. Most interested in venom vs 1980 & 1960.

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #2,575 of 4,183
The Hansound Redcore pairs really well with the PP8. I got them with a black friday deal 15% off but had only today the chance to test them because I didn't have my IEMs with me. The music-sanctuary guys are great, as always.
Just two things: The cable is a bit short, if you ask me. When I stand and am holding the DAP in my hands, then the cable is straightened. (I´m not that tall) But it´s no deal breaker as the sound is so exceptionally good and I can adapt. The other thing is that the cable near the Furutech plug looks a bit worn off, like it is a second hand cable, on one point even the cable itself looks through. I have never worn it yet, so I guess it has to be happened during production. It´s just a tiny bit but I think that this also shouldn't happen in this price category, am I right? I won't send it back though, because it´s ok with me (and I don't want to part with them anymore for a minute) :wink:

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #2,577 of 4,183
Happy Sunday, thought I would drop in with my latest cable madness (and hopefully last for a while). I present to you, the Rhapsodio Silver Wizard. Shares a lot with the Copper Wizard mk2 (which I find much better ergonomically than the first version) in that it has a fairly thick and heavy sleeving material. But where this cable shines is a completely black background, incredible detail and resolution, superb control of the lower frequencies (on the Legend X in my use case especially) and, well, a cool wooden box.

IMG_4247.JPG

My goal was to make the sound of the Legend X a little less boomy and more articulate in the treble sparkle. This has helped me succeed in that goal. It's a really nice cable, albeit for a silly high retail price of $1,700. Either way I'm happy with it. Sammy makes awesome cables.

Also have one of David's latest cables from Triton Audio using a really nice ~24awg copper litz that might be the most comfortable cable I have ever worn in my life. Currently working out a good pairing and will post some photos/impressions of that soon. It sure would go well with the Dita Dream I wish I never sold...

Happy new year everyone!

-Collin-

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #2,578 of 4,183
Happy Sunday, thought I would drop in with my latest cable madness (and hopefully last for a while). I present to you, the Rhapsodio Silver Wizard. Shares a lot with the Copper Wizard mk2 (which I find much better ergonomically than the first version) in that it has a fairly thick and heavy sleeving material. But where this cable shines is a completely black background, incredible detail and resolution, superb control of the lower frequencies (on the Legend X in my use case especially) and, well, a cool wooden box.

My goal was to make the sound of the Legend X a little less boomy and more articulate in the treble sparkle. This has helped me succeed in that goal. It's a really nice cable, albeit for a silly high retail price of $1,700. Either way I'm happy with it. Sammy makes awesome cables.

Also have one of David's latest cables from Triton Audio using a really nice ~24awg copper litz that might be the most comfortable cable I have ever worn in my life. Currently working out a good pairing and will post some photos/impressions of that soon. It sure would go well with the Dita Dream I wish I never sold...

Happy new year everyone!

-Collin-

Comparisons to this with the PW Audio 1950s?

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #2,579 of 4,183
Comparisons to this with the PW Audio 1950s?

I had them a few months apart so I don’t think I could come up with anything meaningful, sadly :frowning2:

I can say with some degree of confidence that the sound signatures are comparable in that they’re neutral, sparkly cables with great sub-bass control and texture. Probably on the same level for resolution. Better ergonomics on 1950 for sure.

-Collin-

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #2,580 of 4,183
if you need a 1700$ cable to make a 2300$ ciem sound good - in the areas where it ain't - then you probably need anoher ciem ?

cable roling is the most insane area in here me thinks

(incidents like this make again very grateful that Zeus sounds good with a 300$ cable , plus Zeus only cost me like 1400$ to get new)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back