High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Sep 18, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #1,171 of 4,183
Can someone provide me Eric @EffectAudio email address?

I place and order with them and I tried to contact them, but I didntget any answer.

thanks

Hey Buddy~

I can be reached here via PM or my mail at eric@effectaudio.com. How can i help? Btw, did you write in to info@effect? It's the only inquiry platform that I don't oversee; Every other platforms of enquiry is routed to my email and I've not left any mails unanswered thus far.

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Sep 18, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,172 of 4,183
Hey Buddy~

I can be reached here via PM or my mail at eric@effectaudio.com. How can i help? Btw, did you write in to info@effect? It's the only inquiry platform that I don't oversee; Every other platforms of enquiry is routed to my email and I've not left any mails unanswered thus far.

-Eric

Thank you Eric,
I sent you an email from my personal account.

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #1,173 of 4,183
Thanks, managed to find his post just now on the other thread. Seems like only a slight difference with the stock cable.

I assume you refer to slight difference relative to LCD-i4? In my testing of Rhodium connector vs Psquare (with U18 and TIA Fourte), the difference was quite noticeable, especially when it comes to soundstage expansion. I still scratch my head how a connector could make such a difference, and honestly wouldn't want any other connector on @EffectAudio flagship. Perhaps due to an open back design of LCD-i4 where I assume soundstage is probably 3D to begin with, these changes could get lost.

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,174 of 4,183
I assume you refer to slight difference relative to LCD-i4? In my testing of Rhodium connector vs Psquare (with U18 and TIA Fourte), the difference was quite noticeable, especially when it comes to soundstage expansion. I still scratch my head how a connector could make such a difference, and honestly wouldn't want any other connector on @EffectAudio flagship. Perhaps due to an open back design of LCD-i4 where I assume soundstage is probably 3D to begin with, these changes could get lost.

Correct, I was referring to LCD i4 and I guess you're right on the soundstage issue (it's massively holographic even with the stock cable).

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #1,175 of 4,183
Well, look what showed up yesterday .. 6 days after placing the order.
I suppose I was a bit lucky with raw material availability, but still, less than 1 week for a premium cable like this.
Thank you @EffectAudio !!

What do you guys say about presentation/packaging?

1.jpg
2.jpg

Well, at least packaging is premium. :)

3.jpg
4.jpg

Just kidding, my very first thoughts after less than a day..

Build quality/comfort:
Build quality is top notch! Although the cable is thicker and looks heavier than the original LCD-i4 cable, it feels more comfortable and light due to the impeccable braiding and materials used. Thanks to the presence but minimal weight of the Mini Carbon Fiber Y splitter the Lionheart (calling it "the cable" just doesn't feel right, it's like calling Porsche a car :ksc75smile:) just "falls naturally" without pulling the LCD-i4 out of my ears. The Lionheart "is there" but it does not get "in the way" of musical enjoyment.
The PSquared 2.5mm termination looks like a million dollars but I'll probably have no way to compare it to a "standard one", I'll just believe the other reviewers here .. :)
So far I can report zero microphonics.

Sound:
Well, not so early.. but for now I can just say fuller, the sound is fuller and richer with an added sense of depth (IMHO).
You can expect something more detailed in a few weeks or months, after I "burn the Lionheart in" and/or " the Lionheart burns me in" (I adapt and get used to it..). :ksc75smile:

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #1,176 of 4,183
Well, look what showed up yesterday .. 6 days after placing the order.
I suppose I was a bit lucky with raw material availability, but still, less than 1 week for a premium cable like this.
Thank you @EffectAudio !!

What do you guys say about presentation/packaging?

Well, at least packaging is premium. :)

Just kidding, my very first thoughts after less than a day..

Build quality/comfort:
Build quality is top notch! Although the cable is thicker and looks heavier than the original LCD-i4 cable, it feels more comfortable and light due to the impeccable braiding and materials used. Thanks to the presence but minimal weight of the Mini Carbon Fiber Y splitter the Lionheart (calling it "the cable" just doesn't feel right, it's like calling Porsche a car :ksc75smile:) just "falls naturally" without pulling the LCD-i4 out of my ears. The Lionheart "is there" but it does not get "in the way" of musical enjoyment.
The PSquared 2.5mm termination looks like a million dollars but I'll probably have no way to compare it to a "standard one", I'll just believe the other reviewers here .. :)
So far I can report zero microphonics.

Sound:
Well, not so early.. but for now I can just say fuller, the sound is fuller and richer with an added sense of depth (IMHO).
You can expect something more detailed in a few weeks or months, after I "burn the Lionheart in" and/or " the Lionheart burns me in" (I adapt and get used to it..). :ksc75smile:
Glad to see you like your first impression, and it looks amazing!
dgib.gif

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #1,177 of 4,183
How's the flexibility compared to the i4 braided cable? Are you still able to use the LCDi4's own support and to store the whole into the leather case? Asking because my current (not EA) cable doesn't allow me to use the leather case, just can't close it.

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,178 of 4,183
Did you order the PSquared thing specifically? Just like for the Horus, I just can't see an option for it in the product page. Is every connector option they offer actually a PSquared?

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #1,179 of 4,183
i received today my pw no5 and i can already tell that it pairs nicely with my zeus XR - also being able to upgrade from SE to the 4.4 balanced on my wm1a also helps :L3000:

supposedly i need to use the balanced thing on the wm1a for 200-500 for burn-in so the sound should improve in the next days , but from the start i am very satisfied with how no5 pairs with zeus

i should also have whiplash hybrid v3 with 4.4 next week , will also try it on zeus xr , whiplash hybrid has amazing synergy wth my NT6 but since zeus xr is quite an upgrade over NT6 i may end up using it with zeus if it pairs better than no5

we shall see

also , i think that cables will be my field of interest for the next 6 months as both wm1a and zeus xr tick all the boxes for my wants/needs and both were obtained at a good price that makes them even better buys - no more money though to spend on daps/ciems

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #1,180 of 4,183
Did you order the PSquared thing specifically? Just like for the Horus, I just can't see an option for it in the product page. Is every connector option they offer actually a PSquared?
The PSquared thingy comes as a standard termination on the Lionheart.
Not every termination they offer is a PSquared, but I suppose it is so much better that EA decided to go with it on higher tier cables..

You can PM directly Eric @EffectAudio, he is very responsive.

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #1,181 of 4,183
The PSquared thingy comes as a standard termination on the Lionheart.
Not every termination they offer is a PSquared, but I suppose it is so much better that EA decided to go with it on higher tier cables..

You can PM directly Eric @EffectAudio, he is very responsive.

Don't think it's a standard termination, if you look: https://www.effectaudio.com/iem-heritage-series/lionheart-preorder.html they offer 7 different termination options. Though Psquare is not listed in there, it's $50 upgrade, but IMHO well worth it.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #1,182 of 4,183
Don't think it's a standard termination, if you look: https://www.effectaudio.com/iem-heritage-series/lionheart-preorder.html they offer 7 different termination options. Though Psquare is not listed in there, it's $50 upgrade, but IMHO well worth it.
Yes I thought so too before ordering... but then I PM'd Eric and he replied the following:
"All "Lionheart" comes with a PSquared Plug termination. It's a higher end plug featuring Palladium/Platinum"

I cannot compare it to the standard but I read from several people (including you now :)) it is 2 levels above all other terminations so I'm happy I got it ..and I would have surely added it for 50$!

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #1,183 of 4,183
It is a standard termination only for Lionheart and Horus and only for 2.5mm and 3.5mm. A bit confusing, but Eric recently explained it in the Effect Audio thread...
Apologies for the confusing information (or lack thereof)!! At the moment, PSquared Plugs is available for 2.5mm & 3.5mm. When you order a "Lionheart" / "Horus" in either configurations, PSquared Plugs will come default. For other products, currently it is unavailable. We will be offering PSquared upgrade services soon.

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,185 of 4,183
Are these cables soft and flexible? Will they put pressure on the ear?

DHC cables have some of the best comfort and flexibility in the industry; you shouldn't have any concerns there. The larger wire gauge of this specific cable may add some weight though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back