High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Nov 28, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #316 of 4,183
I tried the cable at music sanctuary. The cable basically unlocks the full potential of the iem, increasing resolution, impact and extension.
It also matches with most iems, with the aaw w500 being an exception in my collection
Peter Wong 1960?

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #318 of 4,183
Nov 28, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #319 of 4,183
still on the lookout for a nice silver cable for my EE Athena , so if anyone here is thinking of selling his TWag/TWau cable, send me a pm 

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #320 of 4,183
Could anyone compare between Effect Audio ARES2+ and PW Audio No.5 (which is included with Oriolus or can buy seperately)?

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #321 of 4,183
You can try Therium cable from Norne Audio. It's silver occ litz cable, I use it with my MH335, and bass impact improved a lot. It's tighter and more controlled (but bear in mind that it will also extend the treble and detail). It's very reasonably priced as well.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #322 of 4,183
Sorry I was referring to an earlier post by someone from Vietnam who asked suggestion on a cable for his Fitear IEM

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #324 of 4,183
Nowadays, Does It has gold-plated copper cable in aftermarket ? I always seen only gold-plated silver cables. If anyone knew, please recommend me.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #326 of 4,183
Nowadays, Does It has gold-plated copper cable in aftermarket ? I always seen only gold-plated silver cables. If anyone knew, please recommend me.
plussound has it.

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #327 of 4,183
Any tips how to get these thick premium cables under some control? I have Hum Pristine with their thick cable, amazing cable, only part from Y-Split to earphones is keeping this stupid shape, that always annoys me. Let them hang from somewhere for long time? Maybe little heat from hair dryer? :D

Thanks guys for any advice.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 1, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #328 of 4,183
Any tips how to get these thick premium cables under some control? I have Hum Pristine with their thick cable, amazing cable, only part from Y-Split to earphones is keeping this stupid shape, that always annoys me. Let them hang from somewhere for long time? Maybe little heat from hair dryer? :D

Thanks guys for any advice.

A Pic pls? Don't pm, it's for the good of the thread.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #329 of 4,183

Edit: HeadphoneLounge has just replied to me stating this isn't one of their cables.

Hi all,

My brother bought this cable (pictured) for his W90s secondhand, says it's a HeadphoneLounge occ (silver?) litz type 2. He passed it on to me for use with my Shure SE846s as it veiled the sound of his Westones.

It's difficult getting a straight answer out of him on things like this, so its make, model, specs, provenance etc. are still something of a mystery to me. He even suspected it was might be a knockoff, having bought it secondhand, but this methinks is highly doubtful.

Anyway... Whatever it is, I absolutely love it! It has opened up the soundstage hugely, as well as unblocking the bottlenecked presentation, an impression others and myself have reported. Treble extension, attack and decay; crystal clear clarity throughout and punchier, resounding bass are also incremental but no less impressive improvements.

Musicality and fun seems to be the only sacrifice. Presentation seems slower with some music, but with others it's as engaging as one too many wines at a friend's wedding. (By and large the 846s suit just about every genre of music and I should know as my tastes are far reaching).

I do wonder if this cable is silver or silver plated copper. I'm also curious about its connector. Might it be mmcx if it yields such impressive results with mine but not such great results with my brother's W's.

Perhaps I should not worry about the mysteries of it and just sit back and enjoy eh? :p

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #330 of 4,183
Okay, heard back from someone else at HeadphoneLounge. It most certainly is one of theirs, aftter all that! It'/s a type 1 occ copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back