High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 17, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #31 of 4,183
Great job so far, TS! Have you considered looking at the Mars and Leonidas cables from Effect Audio?

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #33 of 4,183
Used to have it. Sold it to a friend. It's only obtainable if you cut the cable off of a truth iem. I guess street price is around 350 usd. At least that's the price someone sold it at on the FS forums here on head fi.

Pretty good cable. Very resolving and quite bright. However, it's caveat is that it breaks easily. Had to repair it once cos of this and repair it for my friend. It broke the day I sold it to him. Very fragile I guess

Hmmm, that's a red flag in my book
blink.gif

Well they've had plans to sell it separately for quite a while, they mention it on their site. But there's still an empty link to the store, so I guess it's not available yet.

A friend of mine emailed them a couple of months back, think they replied it was going to be something around $500. 

Well their iem in the skunkworks is a detachable cable iem. So I guess they probably would sell it separately soon. Don't know about international pricing. However, I heard last year that a local pricing of ~$700-1k might happen. Not 100% sure how much they're gonna price it now tho.

Here's some new information guys: http://www.head-fi.org/t/739745/ibasso-oriolus-hybrid-iem/210#post_12517605
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #36 of 4,183
This will be my favourite thread. I did try past last few monts few cables and I found, that it surely worth it, to replace stock cable. I did that on my Noble IEMs and Trinity Atlas too. It is kind of tuning with cable and tips replacements, but results can be surprising.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #37 of 4,183
This will be my favourite thread. I did try past last few monts few cables and I found, that it surely worth it, to replace stock cable. I did that on my Noble IEMs and Trinity Atlas too. It is kind of tuning with cable and tips replacements, but results can be surprising.

What cable did u replace atlas with?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #39 of 4,183

That's nice to hear mate, do share your impressions down the road!

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #43 of 4,183

Copper cable from Audio Minor. It look great and sound is more mature. It is very good and well craftet cable.

tell us more , looking for a nice cable that beefs up mids and does not kill your wallet

also , link to buy ?

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #45 of 4,183
Please let me add my few cents to this thread. As I mentioned I’m cable believer, but maybe more I believe, that to get perfect sound, it require effort to put all puzzle pieces together correctly. If you lucky and you will get good synergy between player and headphones, cables and tips will than take sound on higher level. Rightly chosen components will add music emotion and that will give you joy of listening.

I really do like to listen good music. Few years back I got nice HiFi equipment in my room, but I got kids and all my HiFi toys were removed. Since that I mostly listen music in car only or on my iPod. And I was happy. Last year I start seek for way how to improve iPod performance. I added next to iPod some amplification, better earphones, etc. After a while I found, that I’m on spiral. Buy something, buy something else, sale previous one and again. And honestly this crazy ride did not get any slower yet.

Past last few months I collect few cables and I like to share my impressions with you. First aftermarket cable I ever purchased here on H-F is Norne Audio Vorpal. I guess Norne Audio do not need further introduction, it is very well known name here in this community. So let`s have a look on cable itself.

It is hybrid copper/silver cable in 50/50 split between Ag and Cu. Cable look very nice with red/silver coloration. There are used Eidolic parts, which just underline first quality of Vorpal. Wire knitting is very symmetrical. You can order various termination, length, Y splits and you can choose between 4 and 8 wire model. Cable have central core and is very flexible and light. Sonically will open scene compare to stock cable and will add resolution and details, but still remain very neutral and soft. I like to use Vorpal with both of my Noble earphones ( K10U and Savants ). I believe that Vorpal will fit to most other brands and models too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back