High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Feb 28, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #3,946 of 4,183
I've been recently smitten by the L&P P6 Pro paired with Final Audio A8000. As much as I have been enjoying the combo with the stock SPC 3.5trs cable. Once it had about 50 or so hours on it, i deceide to try a few other cables and found that the combo did respond well to cable changes. My go-to Cardas wire Triton Audio built cables bring some added warmth and body, but do lose a bit of the sparkle of the stock cable - like going from lace to velvet.

Next up was my 2-pin OSLO, combined with OE adapters to convert it to mmcx. Seems like the perfect middle-ground. Now, a smart person would just claim victory and be done with it. But...... well, you know the story. I am an unrepentant audiophile. So, the question is this:

What's just like the OSLO, but better? That is, neutral, natural, liquid and organic, but open, dynamic and resolving. Perhaps a TOTL pure copper cable? (or just buy an MMCX OSLO to eliminate the 2-pin adaptors on mine?

Want to limit my search to something I can get quickly, and for at or below $1000US.

OPerators are standing by....

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #3,947 of 4,183
I’ve just received my new cable, the Han Sound Aegis 8 wire. Thanks to @Deezel177 for the recommendation on this. I’ve run it for a few hours and first impressions show a warm calm sound that is non fatiguing and easy to listen to. It improves the width of the soundstage as well as showing an increase in layering. It also gives a holographic feel to the music. So far so good 😊
84E3E864-DD43-4E4B-BCBD-6345A3B1B99F.jpeg

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #3,948 of 4,183
I’ve just received my new cable, the Han Sound Aegis 8 wire. Thanks to @Deezel177 for the recommendation on this. I’ve run it for a few hours and first impressions show a warm calm sound that is non fatiguing and easy to listen to. It improves the width of the soundstage as well as showing an increase in layering. It also gives a holographic feel to the music. So far so good 😊
84E3E864-DD43-4E4B-BCBD-6345A3B1B99F.jpeg
Awesome! I'm really glad you love the cable, and I look forward to more impressions once you get to know 'em more. :)

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #3,949 of 4,183
Hey all. Was wondering where to post this question and thought this may be the best place. Can anyone provide some insight into the general sound that can be expected from palladium plated silver cables?

I know it’s difficult to generalize as cables can be very different and there are outliers, but on the spectrum from traditional “thick and warm” copper to “leaner, brighter, detailed” silver, where would PPS stand?

Mar 27, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #3,950 of 4,183
Hey all. Was wondering where to post this question and thought this may be the best place. Can anyone provide some insight into the general sound that can be expected from palladium plated silver cables?

I know it’s difficult to generalize as cables can be very different and there are outliers, but on the spectrum from traditional “thick and warm” copper to “leaner, brighter, detailed” silver, where would PPS stand?
In my personal experience, the one quality that palladium-plating tends to contribute is a sense of refinement and speed, no matter how thick or rich the notes themselves may be. I've heard it from slightly mellower-sounding cables like Effect Audio's Janus D to more dynamic ones like Satin Audio's Athena. Notes vanish pretty quickly and smoothly, which allows you more of a view of the background, but without it feeling too abrupt or staccato-ish either. It results in a more holographic, on-your-toes image. Though, it may not be ideal if you tend to prefer notes that linger and marinate. Of course, that's been my experience based on a select number of cables. I can't speak for, say, PlusSound's palladium-plated cables, which I haven't heard yet.

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #3,951 of 4,183
In my personal experience, the one quality that palladium-plating tends to contribute is a sense of refinement and speed, no matter how thick or rich the notes themselves may be. I've heard it from slightly mellower-sounding cables like Effect Audio's Janus D to more dynamic ones like Satin Audio's Athena. Notes vanish pretty quickly and smoothly, which allows you more of a view of the background, but without it feeling too abrupt or staccato-ish either. It results in a more holographic, on-your-toes image. Though, it may not be ideal if you tend to prefer notes that linger and marinate. Of course, that's been my experience based on a select number of cables. I can't speak for, say, PlusSound's palladium-plated cables, which I haven't heard yet.
Thanks so much. This helps. I’m considering a PPS for the Noir, to give a blacker background and keep the intrinsically thick midbass under control (without thinning out the sub bass too much or making the Noir even brighter).

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #3,953 of 4,183
Effect Audio’s price increases took place today, you can see the updated MSRPs on their website. Some of the new prices are ... shocking... to say the least.
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but it looks like a $100-ish increase to the Leonidas II and Cleopatra, I think? Are there any more worth noting?

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #3,954 of 4,183
Effect Audio’s price increases took place today, you can see the updated MSRPs on their website. Some of the new prices are ... shocking... to say the least.
Any cable in particular? I’ve just checked the ones I was aware of (<$600) and I can’t see a change. Is it on the flagships?

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #3,955 of 4,183
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but it looks like a $100-ish increase to the Leonidas II and Cleopatra, I think? Are there any more worth noting?

Any cable in particular? I’ve just checked the ones I was aware of (<$600) and I can’t see a change. Is it on the flagships?

All of them got raises, the most was the Horus Octa with a $400 price increase.

Leonidas 2 went from $888 to $999, Leo 2 Octa from $1888 to $1999.

OG Horus from $1,399 to $1,799.

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #3,956 of 4,183
All of them got raises, the most was the Horus Octa with a $400 price increase.

Leonidas 2 went from $888 to $999, Leo 2 Octa from $1888 to $1999.

OG Horus from $1,399 to $1,799.
I don't believe I see any changes on the Vogue or Premium series cables, though I could be misremembering on the latter. The Code 51, Janus's and several others have stayed the same as well, so I don't get what you mean by "all of them". I see your point on the Horus ones, though.

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #3,957 of 4,183
Excuse my laziness, regardless.. bit shocked at some of the increases....

Given that this is the high end cable thread, I didn’t really feel the need to specify about their cheaper options. But you are right, the Janus and Code 51 didn’t change in price.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #3,958 of 4,183
I don't believe I see any changes on the Vogue or Premium series cables, though I could be misremembering on the latter. The Code 51, Janus's and several others have stayed the same as well, so I don't get what you mean by "all of them". I see your point on the Horus ones, though.
The Premium series looks unchanged. I paid $569 for the Thor Silver II+ last year and it’s still the same price on the site. I can see some of the other increases though.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #3,959 of 4,183
Is there anyone that has experience with labkable cables and can comment on their experience with their 2-pin connectors? I have the Samurai III on my VE8 and I found that the pins were maybe slightly thicker than the standard cable? A slightly tighter fit and I’m thinking it may be due to a slight difference in distance in the pins? I’m not sure but I was hoping to get others opinions on this as I really wanted to test it out on Odin but I’m weary of stretching out the connectors etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back