High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Oct 2, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #3,181 of 4,183
Received a new cable from Rhapsodio yesterday, one of Sammy's latest dubbed "Evolution." It's a pure copper cable using two types of copper from Japan and some fancy shielding also from Japan. I'm quickly learning that my lack of ability to properly describe cables and what they are made of is going to irk a few people...but give me some credit, I'm just the end user!

Here's a photo, in which I have to hide a secret IEM that is not quite ready for release:

It's basically a two wire design without any memory wire or heat shrink and the softeness of the cable allows it to just naturally form around your ear. It's super comfortable and build quality I must say is some of the nicest I have ever seen from Rhapsodio. Unlike some of the Wizard cables, this one is super ergonomic but still with outstanding sound quality. I do not hear it sounding like a traditional copper cable, but instead more along the lines of silver with sparkly highs and clean, tight, punchy bass. I'm still getting to know the IEM, so my impressions are limited thus far. I believe Rhapsodio posted some more info on Facebook for the cable if you're interested. Either way, I really think it's a winner and I know I will own this one for a while.

-Collin-
looks gorgeous

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #3,182 of 4,183
Received a new cable from Rhapsodio yesterday, one of Sammy's latest dubbed "Evolution." It's a pure copper cable using two types of copper from Japan and some fancy shielding also from Japan. I'm quickly learning that my lack of ability to properly describe cables and what they are made of is going to irk a few people...but give me some credit, I'm just the end user!

Here's a photo, in which I have to hide a secret IEM that is not quite ready for release:

It's basically a two wire design without any memory wire or heat shrink and the softeness of the cable allows it to just naturally form around your ear. It's super comfortable and build quality I must say is some of the nicest I have ever seen from Rhapsodio. Unlike some of the Wizard cables, this one is super ergonomic but still with outstanding sound quality. I do not hear it sounding like a traditional copper cable, but instead more along the lines of silver with sparkly highs and clean, tight, punchy bass. I'm still getting to know the IEM, so my impressions are limited thus far. I believe Rhapsodio posted some more info on Facebook for the cable if you're interested. Either way, I really think it's a winner and I know I will own this one for a while.

-Collin-
Yup! Gorgeous :thumbsup: Collin, eager to know songs you've tested so far and, IEMs you paired and your source. Also, how much is it retailed ?

Oct 2, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #3,183 of 4,183
Yup! Gorgeous :thumbsup: Collin, eager to know songs you've tested so far and, IEMs you paired and your source. Also, how much is it retailed ?

I'm not actually sure on retail price, but definitely not cheap. I paid for an upgrade on the IEM I purchased, so it's probably not fair to comment on that. I'll see what Sammy says on retail price.

Source was my usual Cayin N6ii and Sony TA-ZH1ES and so far I have paired it with the Rhapsodio IEM and the U18T because that let's me hear subtle cable differences. Test tracks are the normal Tidal stuff like the live recording of Eagles Hotel California, some Amber Rubarth binaural recordings and the like. Nothing concrete or scientific yet, but overall impressed. I'll comment back once I've had some more time.

Cheers!

-Collin-

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #3,184 of 4,183

-Collin-
That is a very beautiful cable. Do you know what gauge it is? It looks thicker like the PWAudio 1900s. If it sounds anything like it looks, it is definitely a winner.

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #3,186 of 4,183
The new Ares Audio Sakeishi has a rather unusual style. I'm just about to have my first listen.

DSC_3377_result.jpg

Oct 6, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #3,187 of 4,183

Nice cable :)

I think I know what the secret thing is :wink:

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #3,189 of 4,183
So I had the Leonidas 2 for a short period of time, really great cable. I felt it shared similar characteristics to my 1950s but just couldn’t compete w the 1950s transparency and overall just pure cleanliness the cable brings, which I’d assume that’s where the Octa would match it.

Definitely exceeded my expectations though

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #3,192 of 4,183
44023DA3-355E-44A9-A5FA-7531FB3C51C7.jpeg

A rather unexpected pairing

I tried my Labkable Violet with my VE Elysium yesterday and it was an instant success

Added a fair bit of instrumental separation, as well as more smoothness to the overall presentation. The soundstage is definitely wider as well and the bass a bit punchier

I had previously used the Violet with the Noir but the result was way too much bass

Planning on ordering an Amerhyst this week to test it out with some IEMs, given the sound profile that Labkable have described I feel like it might work even better with the Elysium

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #3,193 of 4,183
I was wondering if there’s anyone that could help... I currently have a 4.4mm balanced cable, but occasionally I need to listen through my Mac for work, which is obviously 3.5mm and not balanced.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a 4.4mm balanced female adaptor that goes to 3.5mm or even Apple lightning?

thanks in advance!

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #3,194 of 4,183
I was wondering if there’s anyone that could help... I currently have a 4.4mm balanced cable, but occasionally I need to listen through my Mac for work, which is obviously 3.5mm and not balanced.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a 4.4mm balanced female adaptor that goes to 3.5mm or even Apple lightning?

thanks in advance!
Definitely, there’s plenty of adapters that go to 3.5 - hifiheadphones uk have some for sure

Apple lightning... if you find a cable manufacturer that offers lightning cables maybe you can ask them to make one for you?

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #3,195 of 4,183
How is the SQ of Sasheiki? I am planning to buy it to pair with EE Phantom. Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply. Sakeishi has good end to end extension and really nice separation. I've only had a chance to test a couple IEMs with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back