1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.

Tags:
First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last
  1. edwardsean
    I've been reading up on the newest Effect Audio offering: Cleopatra.

Has anyone compared the Cleopatra to the Horus?

They both feature multi sized stranding, but Cleo also adds golden ratio dispersed bundles. From the descriptions they seem to share a similar preference for greater clarity among the EA line, while retaining the smooth and detailed signature of the house sound.

If you've heard both, can you describe the differences? I take it that Cleo has more sub bass rumble.

2. greyscale75
    Have Sennheiser ie 800 s iem. Need an extension cable so to reach my dac without buds falling out of ears. Would prefer a Pentaconn 4.4mm cable AND a 2.5mm balanced cable. Any leads appreciated.

3. Sound Eq
    i am thinking bout buying the labkable pandora, to see what all the fuss is about high end cables, now if i feel nothing of great margin improvement is achieved on a 1000+ USD cable, then I will sell it for 70% its retail price, I hope selling such cable will not take for ever on head fi :), once i sell it I will just go cheap chifi cable all the way :)

It would be great to have a pre-buyer for pandora in case I will not feel its worth the price I paid :)

It will be used on my khan and 64audio tia trio, I really hope to test for once those insanely priced cables to put the matter at rest for myself

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Erfan Elahi likes this.
  4. dubbcd
    You can always try out and test high end cables in world wide HiFi show.

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  5. SeeSax
    I own and love the Pandora, but with your goal being a great margin of improvement over a stock cable I am not sure Pandora would be the best choice. It's a wonderful cable, but it's very neutral and doesn't color the sound. Therefore while there are obvious sound quality improvements, I feel it's a little harder to detect and you may not feel $1,000 worth of enhancement. Something like the 1960s four wire gave me that "wow" factor a little more than the Pandora. I guess it's tough to say really - everyone prioritizes the improvements of cables differently. I use them to tweak the sound a little in the direction I want to go on IEMs that I love. It won't be a night and day difference.

I think you could probably sell the Pandora for $700 in fairly short order, assuming it's 2-pin.

Like @dubbcd mentioned - is there any chance you can audition the cable before buying? Good luck on the journey :)

-Collin-

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  6. mvvRAZ
    Labkable are generally speaking very active and show up to loads of audio shows. If you have some near you or that you can attend it might be worth a shot

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  7. Sound Eq
    great point to consider, so i will buy 1960 and see what happens, and reading bout it i think it will suit my noble khan more than pandora, as for auditioning that is not possible where i live otherwise i would have done it long time ago

as for 1960 look wise i find it just average, even to me they are not attractive at all, it just reminds me of my cheapest audeze cable, i was even thinking why not just get a cable maker made me a cable made from cardas or neotech which are known quality cables and those can be bought for max 400 usd for a 4 wire version, but i assume there is way more than just wire material in making an iem cable sound great

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    SeeSax likes this.
  8. hbcke
    Is Labkable Samurai III elevate the mids? or lows? or highs? which one?

9. pithyginger63
    you should be getting a pure silver cable first

Wes S likes this.
  10. Sound Eq
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  11. SeeSax
    I'm not too much help here, but I know the "Monile" series are new and share some similarities with the original Century series 1960. The difference in what you linked is that one has shielding and one does not I believe.

Here's a little discussion on the PW Audio thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pw-audio-cables-discussion-thread.893028/page-4#post-14971691

Good luck with your new cable quest :)

-Collin-

Erfan Elahi and Deezel177 like this.
  12. Roasty
    Hi guys

If I wanna have:
    Clearer, airy, sparkly highs
    Tightened, punchy bass

Is it the general concensus that an all silver cable will do the job?

Am looking for an aftermarket cable to pair with my 64 audio A12T and ibasso dx220. Likely will get an amp 8 module.

Am considering
    Norne Audio silvergarde sx
    Lavricable

Not looking at anything too exorbitant like pw1950/1960 etc

Was recommended Dita Oslo, kimera, xerxes but I think these are all combination wires?

13. Deezel177
    For the changes you’re looking for, I’d highly recommend PlusSound’s Exo Silver+Gold.

14. mvvRAZ
    6A2E9146-E9BF-46C3-969B-E17A5F89DEF0.jpeg D5191243-0960-4A1C-A19B-4B0FD1CBA723.jpeg 3767227E-B153-4088-BC1E-B24A3610CAF0.jpeg
    I can second that, I was looking for similar changes to my Noir and U18t and the Plussound silver+gold cables did an excellent job (I picked the Poetic series however)

15. Roasty
    Thanks for the recommendation, guys.
    Till looking for iem cables, I never knew they made a silver/gold combo. My usual headphone cables have always been silver or copper alone.
    Will head down to music sanctuary and see if they have the silver/gold combo available for audition.

First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last