High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #3,136 of 4,183
super cool edwardsean. thankyou. may i ask what iem you were using and also have you heard the pw1950s say for comparison? i run 1950 and whilst it is thrilling, it definitely chops and changes sound so something more honest is up my alley big time!

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #3,137 of 4,183
I auditioned the cables with my LCDi4. I haven’t heard the PWAudio offerings. I know so many people hold them in such high regard, but my bias is always toward silver.

I do believe that the Horus is an amazingly honest cable. It has a true transparency with a clarity that is smooth and full not thin and bright.

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #3,138 of 4,183
Hey folks! Here's a review for one of my recent favourites: Han Sound Audio's 8-wire Aegis. It combines spaciousness, separation and imaging precision with organic, mellow warmth like no other cable I've experienced before, and all at a still reasonable price compared to today's high-end offerings. Enjoy! :D

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #3,139 of 4,183
Another masterful creation by David at Triton Audio cables. This uses high-end Cardas copper wire and provides an awesome holographic-like sound on the U18T. The Labkable Titan Au I had on previously is warmer and more organic, but this takes detail into new heights. I think this will be my permanent pairing (which means at least one week).

20190822_133432.jpg

-Collin-

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #3,140 of 4,183
Another masterful creation by David at Triton Audio cables. This uses high-end Cardas copper wire and provides an awesome holographic-like sound on the U18T. The Labkable Titan Au I had on previously is warmer and more organic, but this takes detail into new heights. I think this will be my permanent pairing (which means at least one week).

-Collin-

Collin, you can't bring up Cardas copper wire without offering how it compares to 1960, bud :wink:

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #3,141 of 4,183
Collin, you can't bring up Cardas copper wire without offering how it compares to 1960, bud :wink:

Well I had the 1960 on the tour a few months ago, but let's be honest, I'm already not even skilled enough to do a cable review or comparison...let alone by memory!

I think it sounds equally good from what I remember :)

-Collin-

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #3,142 of 4,183

-Collin-

That Eidolic hardware is ridiculously good-looking. :D

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #3,145 of 4,183
Based on your recommendation, I placed an order :) . Now, the waiting game :)
Nice! I hope you enjoy it. I'm not sure how much longer they will be around as the Yuki just got discontinued in preparation for some new upcoming models.

May I ask which IEM/CIEM are you using with Kasai? You said it has warm and robust sound but the details are still there? Thanks.
I was testing with the ones mentioned in my review (Moondrop KXXS, CA FIBAE Black and Fearless S8f). Plus I also use it with my M-Fidelity SA-50.

Aug 23, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #3,146 of 4,183

-Collin-
Ooh, almost missed this post... Looks very nice! David is doing some great work at the moment.

Aug 24, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #3,147 of 4,183
I am seeking cable upgrade suggestion for maximum optimization of the Zeus. At the moment I have paired the EA Thor Silver II. I have been thinking of getting the Wagnus Frosty Sheep Mastering edition. Other suggestions will be helpful too.

Zeus XR user here , if you are on a budget the EA Lionheart (4w) works very well with Zeus , beefs up the sound while retaining Zeus' amazing clarity/imaging/separation - and i prefer it over aresii(8w) without hesitation

if you have money to spend , i hear that pw 1960s (2w) is amazing with zeus , if i win a lottery ticket i am buying it asap (for now i am dead broke , so Lionheart is great no need to be greedy/ungrateful)

Zeus is fantastic , i don't find it lean and i am pairing it with WM1A which is kinda neutralish dap with a touch of warmth

good luck with your cable search

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #3,149 of 4,183
Hi folks I am not an expert in high end cable, could you tell me please the best brands that are available on the market right now?
I am looking to see if its really worth to upgrade from the ier-z1r stock cable to something to reach the sealing lets say but at a reasonable price to :)

I pair them with my wm1z , I wonder if I should go silver or copper? any how could some folks share some experience and stories with cable rolling for my sony's?

Thank you in advance :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #3,150 of 4,183
Zeus XR user here , if you are on a budget the EA Lionheart (4w) works very well with Zeus , beefs up the sound while retaining Zeus' amazing clarity/imaging/separation - and i prefer it over aresii(8w) without hesitation

if you have money to spend , i hear that pw 1960s (2w) is amazing with zeus , if i win a lottery ticket i am buying it asap (for now i am dead broke , so Lionheart is great no need to be greedy/ungrateful)

Zeus is fantastic , i don't find it lean and i am pairing it with WM1A which is kinda neutralish dap with a touch of warmth

good luck with your cable search
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually the harshness was due to less burn-in of Zeus, wrongly paired cable - Thor silver cable and Zeus is already bright. So I ended up buying the Frosty Sheep Mastering Edition. This is my first high-end cable purchase - and I am a realizer - cable does change sound ! It added a silky signature with retaining micro details, a fine smooth blend on the mids and highs, not much additions to the lows, some expansion in the soundstage, but not much airiness though. I feel I like I was touching a rough wood which has been burnished now. Especially Vinyl rips are so enjoyable now :)

I am quite happy with it, but still just of curiosity and experiment, now I am so interested to try many other cables to explore signature alteration - good pairing or worse paring ! :D So I am keeping in mind - pw 1960s and Rhapsodio copper wizard mk2 for next try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back