High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jul 16, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #2,086 of 4,183
This is sad to read - sorry for what you have to go through, especially given the cost of that cable. I was just chatting this morning with the guys from MusicTeck asking if they had any EA cables NATIVELY terminated in 4.4mm and they said no. Maybe a question for the EA thread, but it seems like EA is slow to adopt the 4.4mm standard as 2.5mm is still pretty dominant in most parts of Asia? I am in the long, slow, painful process of converting all of my sources/cables to 4.4mm and am hoping for an adapter-free life soon....I see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

-Collin-
I guess it really depends on the music that one listens to. Here in Hong Kong a lot of the people I see in the earphone shops seem to prefer the AK players as they prefer how it performs with vocal based music like canto-pop. However as I mainly listen to rock / metal, I found the Sony to sound more to my liking.

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #2,087 of 4,183
Got the Han Sound Cable tour w/ me this week... these are fantastic cables, I think they're a relatively new builder and not too many people have their cables but hopefully they become more popular. This one is the Aurora.. my favorite of their lineup.

1Le5BO1.jpg

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #2,089 of 4,183
Nic your post is spot on. It is also causing me to question my decision to abandon 2.5mm.........

Ugh. This stuff keeps me up at night! Oh, and add to the fact that I love to buy second-hand cables from the classifieds and I think there are at least eight 2.5mm cables for every one 4.4mm (which usually get snapped up quickly).

What have I done.

-Collin-

P.S. This feels like when Apple took away my headphone jack :)

I'm also in the migrating to fully 4.4mm camp and one thing that helps me sleep at night is I'm sure it's a matter of time until the 4.4mm female adapter game catches up - I'm banking on the hunch that Furutech or Eidolic or the likes will make a high quality and good looking 4.4mm female jack sooner or later as 4.4 ramps up in popularity

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #2,091 of 4,183
I just saw the news over at Toxic Cables, very sad news but Frank has passed away.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #2,093 of 4,183
what?!? Frank passed away?!?
This is the original message on facebook:

This is Max

Unfortunately I have some bad news as you knows Franks dad was unwell and passed away recently and on receiving the news Frank had a stroke which he did not survive.

We will all miss him greatly

Unfortunately there are a lot of pending orders which cannot be completed at this time as I will be away now till early next year when Toxic Cables will continue business as I did make most of the cables myself so you can expect the same quality.

In the meantime as we are unable to access paypal to refund everyone can you please open as case to get your money back if you have not received your order and paypal will refund you as orders not shipped did not have tracking added to paypal.

Everyone's funds will be still in the account as I know Frank only removed funds for cables that were completed.

If you have any questions please message here and I will reply at earliest convenience.

I don't have password to email currently so don't email.

Thank you

https://www.facebook.com/171820399625727/posts/1129227123885045/

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #2,097 of 4,183
I'm also in the migrating to fully 4.4mm camp and one thing that helps me sleep at night is I'm sure it's a matter of time until the 4.4mm female adapter game catches up - I'm banking on the hunch that Furutech or Eidolic or the likes will make a high quality and good looking 4.4mm female jack sooner or later as 4.4 ramps up in popularity

I purchased a a 4.4mm-to-3.5mm adapter from Music Sanctuary and this is what came in:

44-1.jpg

I don't know what this 4.4mm female jack is specifically, but it may be exactly what you're looking for. :)

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #2,099 of 4,183
This is sad to read - sorry for what you have to go through, especially given the cost of that cable. I was just chatting this morning with the guys from MusicTeck asking if they had any EA cables NATIVELY terminated in 4.4mm and they said no. Maybe a question for the EA thread, but it seems like EA is slow to adopt the 4.4mm standard as 2.5mm is still pretty dominant in most parts of Asia? I am in the long, slow, painful process of converting all of my sources/cables to 4.4mm and am hoping for an adapter-free life soon....I see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

-Collin-

You just have to ask :wink:

B69E69DC-A9CA-4F57-AEA2-7FF03C307B02.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back