High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Feb 16, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #1,531 of 4,183
I recently received a Whiplash V3 T series cable for my Noble Encore and a EA EOS cable for my Layla’s. The Whiplash is broken in while I’m still burning in the EOS. The Whiplash is a very good cable, but not very good with microphonics, around the ears. I’ll have to figure something out, maybe some carefully placed electrical tape.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #1,532 of 4,183
Please give some impression regarding eos cable

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #1,536 of 4,183
But there are also the Effect audio Ares II, SGaudiohive Laboriosa, OC Orpheus mk5.5, Nocturnal audio Hydra V2, Nyx and Altair, Toxic cable Scorpion, Viper or Hybrid...:sob:

The Ares II does not add midrange presence. Although a slight boost in the upper-bass adds a touch of warmth to vocals, the Ares II's signature is more defined by an increase in treble extension as well as added articulation in that area. I've not tried all the other cable you mentioned, but I'm recommending the one that I've personally demo'ed and can ensure will fit your needs. The No. 5 adds body and richness to midrange instruments, imbuing them with a more natural timbre as well as a more assured presence. I think you'll find it satisfactory. :)

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,537 of 4,183
The Ares II does not add midrange presence. Although a slight boost in the upper-bass adds a touch of warmth to vocals, the Ares II's signature is more defined by an increase in treble extension as well as added articulation in that area. I've not tried all the other cable you mentioned, but I'm recommending the one that I've personally demo'ed and can ensure will fit your needs. The No. 5 adds body and richness to midrange instruments, imbuing them with a more natural timbre as well as a more assured presence. I think you'll find it satisfactory. :)

Thank you:), removed the ares from the list, now I'll wait if I can find some more information about the other cables and if not I'll buy the No.5

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #1,538 of 4,183
Loving this new @PLUSSOUND copper-based cable. I don't know what it's called or the details of its makeup, but it's something new they're releasing soon or just released. I need to gather more specifics. lol.

It's a robust, warm cable, with lots and lots of clarity. There's some extra bass impact and treble is warmed up nicely. The mids remain open and transparent.

Upon first listen, it's simply excellent.

Exo 01.jpg
Exo 02.jpg

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #1,539 of 4,183
Including comparisons to Plussound, Efect Audio and Labkable top end cables :)

Thanks, really enjoyed the review. I take for granted the 2-wire since it's my daily driver and it gets out of one's way. Made me appreciate it all over again. Can’t wait for initial impressions paired with the Phantom. Super excellent that Chord Mojo and Hugo₂ are the reference source for your review. I can’t relate otherwise if Chord is not in the chain. Will follow for future reviews.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #1,541 of 4,183
Hey guys,

does anyone have a good avice which cables pairs great with 64audio A18? Budget is around € 500, -

What qualities are you hoping to enhance, tame, or alter?

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,542 of 4,183
Loving this new @PLUSSOUND copper-based cable. I don't know what it's called or the details of its makeup, but it's something new they're releasing soon or just released. I need to gather more specifics. lol.

It's a robust, warm cable, with lots and lots of clarity. There's some extra bass impact and treble is warmed up nicely. The mids remain open and transparent.

Upon first listen, it's simply excellent.

Pinky, what is the difference in sound signature between this cable and plus sound X-GPC pairing with Encore?

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #1,543 of 4,183
Pinky, what is the difference in sound signature between this cable and plus sound X-GPC pairing with Encore?

This one is overall warmer. Less treble, fuller bass. The two-conductor X-Series GPC I have is the more uncolored cable. But this new one pairs better with Encore to my tastes.

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #1,544 of 4,183
Hey guys,

does anyone have a good avice which cables pairs great with 64audio A18? Budget is around € 500, -

I use the Effect Audio Lionheart. After looking at many posts, there seemed to be some agreement that this cable was a good match for the A18. I asked Eric at Effect Audio (as I had bought previous cables from them and really liked the experience) and his recommendation was the Lionheart. So, I bought it and I've been really happy with it. It is very transparent and neutral. It just feels like it opens up the music and creates a big soundstage compared to other cables I've tried. It retails for approximately 400 Euros.

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #1,545 of 4,183
Thank you:), removed the ares from the list, now I'll wait if I can find some more information about the other cables and if not I'll buy the No.5
For the laboriosa, what material ?
There's copper , spc, silver and X(also copper)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back