High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #872 of 1,031
I just spotted 3 earbuds from Soundmagic on a vietnamese website.
Nothing on Soundmagic's official website but that doesn't come as a surprise.
[...]
These seem new. Anyone tried them yet?

I don't have the EP30 (see golov's link to ClieOS' post for impressions on them), but do own the EP10 and EP20. I'm pretty sure I shared some impressions on these earlier in the thread, but I would personally skip the EP10 since I found them to sound thin, uninvolving, and a touch harsh. The EP20 isn't bad for the price and sounds a bit like an improved AKG K12P / K312, but the fit isn't the greatest. I'm not really crazy about either of them.

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #873 of 1,031
Very general but a little info...http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/reviews/soundmagics-earbuds-ep10-ep20-and-ep30-review/

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #875 of 1,031
Got a pair of these Musa SP2 Earbuds.

Pros:
 - Great build quality
 - Great looks, though not sure how important that is
 - Awesome little caring pouch
 - Responds well to EQing

Cons:
 - Bass can get a tad messy
 - Soundstage is on the smaller side
 - Cable suffers from microphonics
 - Highs rolled off a little early

Overall sound is warm, though just not anywhere as clear as I want them to be.

I think Musa spent a little too much time on presentation and should have spent a little more time on tweeking the sound.

Aug 8, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #877 of 1,031
I just bought these out of curiosity...

I like the caps including the ear hook integrated one. I had earned a gift card so they were ~$12 shipped which would be fine for a set of those things and the buds come too so :)

Some Samsungs sound pretty good and a 12mm driver is odd. Sony currently has one that is well regarded and they OEM from Korea at times by way Cresyn as does Samsung. No proof that they are a good 12mm driver in there or any relation but these may just sound pretty good. Hopefully the caps work on other buds. Seems like they will be very stretchy looking at how they fit on the Samsung so they may stretch over other buds provided they aren't too big. If they sound good that is another story but worth exploring for $12. Maybe the caps will work on my 686G perhaps?

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #878 of 1,031
Hey guys, Hubert here. I've been reading your thread for some time now, and finally decided to join the community.

Thought you might be interested in the fact I've been using the Sudio TVÅ for a couple of weeks now (it seems quite absent from Head-Fi). Or maybe I missed the posts, so... let me know if you wanna know more.

Also, I was planning to sell my Baldoor e100, as I was finding them quite... flat, in despite of the good clarity, and then I read about turning them 90 degrees in the ear and... wow. I know some of you don't approve the trick, but still, in my case it does fit better, and the soundstage opens up like anything! The bass is also more present... definitely sticking to them! So, thanks a ton to the guy who posted abt it first!
(I must say I am a fan of over-the-ear open cans, and listen mostly to acoustic music, jazz or blues...)

Then, thought "why not trying the same thing with my HiFiman ES100" -on my list of items to sell too-, and obtained the same huge improvement. The fit is not that satisfying though, but still kinda works.

Finally, just received my yearly salary premium, and ordered the Celsus Sound Gramo One... should reach in a couple of weeks.
Will tell my impressions then if anybody is interested.

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #881 of 1,031

A quick couple of shots of the Samsung package.

I'd have to go outside in better light and take good photos for the color to show. They are black sapphire and sapphire is blue so they are a black-blue or a midnight blue color.

Quick first impression is nice. Very light and they have the best fit for me since the Senn MX880. Due to the shape as seen here in the stock side view...

rd7_2.jpg

Similar to the hook in shape and long reach arms like the MX880. Nestles right in and isn't too short or shallow like many of the generic housings.
1436279415000_IMG_511473.jpg

A bit earpod-ish but curved inwards as you can see the screens above ^ about 2mm or so in the opening. The Samsung are not flat in front like the Apple but try to reach in the canal a bit.

Those winged caps that come installed are soft and pliable and fit comfy and secure. Again, great fit with both ease and comfort. These have a nickle plated straight plug and a thin flat cable that is a bit glossy/plastic like on the feel. Similar to the the newer Senn CX3.00/5.00 cable but a little thinner and shinier and behaves better.

Quick sound: Very similar signature to the Aurvana Air for those who have heard it. Good mid focus sound with a bit warmish bass. Treble is controlled and has a smidge longer decay which accentuates some high notes but there are no bad peaks. Need to burn them in and try them against my Sparc HD and MX686g after a while to see where they rate.

Pretty happy with these little guys right out of the box. A wee bit of iso and the deeper nozzle keeps outside sounds a bit more at bay than a total open design. They are so damn comfy and stable and sound very nice so far!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back