High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #886 of 1,031
Just stumbled upon this. Knowledge Zenith apparently has their own M760.

http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=36415539754&spm=0.0.0.0

Much cheaper than the Dasetn version. Only at ¥45. I'm pretty interested in trying this out. Could someone explain the purchasing protocol for taobao?

link DIE 
frown.gif
 , send link dasetn m760 in taobao.com, thanks bro 
redface.gif
 my english very bad, i live in VIetNamese 
confused_face.gif

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)]  [/color]

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #887 of 1,031

Very interesting, because as we can see on your link, 2 pics are the same as Dasetn used for his M760 site.
Those 2 pics looks to be the original ones from your link since 2 of them has been resized from Dasetn website, probably due to hide original taobao watermarks...
So, who is the true and original maker of those M760 mods ? Dasetn or KZ ? I would obvously say KZ due to those pics. If Dasetn use KZ modded drivers to his M760, so it definitely could be a shame... as nowhere KZ is mentionned for drivers providing or anything like this.

I'm really interested aswell to give a try to those KZ-MX760, but is there only this chinese link to buy them ? unfortunately I can only understand at least english :frowning2: (and I hope they can ship to France too).

send link dasetn m760 in taobao.com , thank bro 

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #889 of 1,031

Today I received the TENNMAK DIY EC70 using Sennheiser IE800 cable .....

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TENNMAK-DIY-EC70-ear-hook-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-strong-bass-and-clear-sound-IE800-cable/32218492745.html

I'll post a quote from another buyer "beautiful quality & sound. extremely high imaging, better than ie800. the joints move smoothly and seems durable. it has a warm smooth bass with clear vocal and highs"

I could not agree more with this other buyer, very well made with worth every penny ($19), nice tight fit and once on correctly they stay in your ear. If your an active user (i.e, running or working out you will love these). love the IE800 cable and they don't feel cheaply made.

1st impressions on the sound, extremely clear, detailed vocals and extremely good bass, no distortion and sound is not muffled. I'm on the sideline but sound stage, while it's there just not a fore front.

Tony the maker was also very kind in sending a 2nd pair of IEMs to try out.  

Bottom line... for $19, no complaints from me very pleased and surprised.

I bought TENNMAK DIY EC70 and got them today, but I'am not impressed with them. I don't feel much clarity with them as I do with my Sennheiser cx500. The TENNMAK DIY EC70 sound very boxy, I don't feel much highs in them. They have good low end, but not much transparency in them. How could you like them? I also have Koss KSC75 and Quadbeat 3, to compare..All sound to me more natural and open, except  EC70, maybe it is a new level of Hi-Fi sound I've never heard before and I need to get used to?

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #896 of 1,031
anyone know about boarseman mx98s? is it worth the price? someone say it is tuned as same as the legend sennheiser mx985.

No. Both have different signature although warm. While 985 sounds full and dynamic. The boarseman mx98s is wider but hollow, it doesn‘t have details like mx985. Mx98s also doesn't have deeper and speedy bass like mx985.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #897 of 1,031
  I bought TENNMAK DIY EC70 and got them today, but I'am not impressed with them. I don't feel much clarity with them as I do with my Sennheiser cx500. The TENNMAK DIY EC70 sound very boxy, I don't feel much highs in them. They have good low end, but not much transparency in them. How could you like them? I also have Koss KSC75 and Quadbeat 3, to compare..All sound to me more natural and open, except  EC70, maybe it is a new level of Hi-Fi sound I've never heard before and I need to get used to?

The Tennmak DIY EC70s look suspiciously like the Creative Aurvanas. Good thing I waited to read impressions rather than just buying them based on looks. The Aurvanas are still my all-time favorite earbuds. Any of these DIY or knockoff's I've tried - 3 models from Dasetn and also cans from Superlux - generally give 3/4 of the sound of the knockoff, for something like less than half the price. But this is what I've come to expect, something that costs 2x as much isn't 2x the sound - more like 1/4 or less. 

These days I've been listening to cans most of the time and any IEMs or buds I use are only for monitoring while performing live - which I do less of recently than I used to. Occasionally I'll use IEMs or buds in public for tuning out the world - but only if they have Android button on them - answer calls, pause, FF, REW, and as a wired remote to take pictures.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #899 of 1,031
So guys I posted this question over in the Venture Electronics appreciation thread, and thought I'd also ask it here, since it seems like you guys might know how to help.

How can I get my VE Monks to ACTUALLY FORM A GOOD PROPER SEAL if I happen to have small ears with small entrances to the ear-canals, such that I pretty much have to wedge the buds in their at an angle to even get them to ever stay in at all?

What I'm getting at is: I read Brooko's review and was SHOCKED by his measurements showing just how much sub-bass the Zen and Monk are capable of, at which point I immediately realize that I have NEVER been hearing that much sub-bass from the Monks in my possession. So I went and used SineGen to play some tones in the 25Hz to 50Hz region, and as expected with the normal fit I get (even using double-foams to try to get a better seal as Brooko suggests) I can hardly hear any bass in those frequencies. But as soon as I PUSH THE EARBUDS HARD AGAINST THE ENTRANCES TO MY EAR-CANALS in order to FORCE them to form a seal, I can hear AMAZING levels of sub-bass!

Am I basically just screwed due to my small ear canals? Do my small ears mean that I will NEVER be able to get the true sub-bass that such earbuds are capable of? And if-so, does that mean that I should never even bother getting the Zen 2.0 once it comes out, as it would be a waste of my money anyway since I'll never be able to hear its full-potential during casual listening unless I press the buds against my ears all the time?
frown.gif

Ugh, if only VE had made the enclosures with a SLIGHTLY SMALLER diameter, I'd be able to get a good seal like Brooko is :frowning2:

So, one thing that seems like ti might work is the Yurbuds earbud-covers.  However I'm not sure what size I should get, and I'm also not sure if they'd form a seal to give me the btter sub-bass I'm hoping for.  At the same time I'm ALSO not sure if they would negatively affect the sound in some way or another!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yurbuds-Replacement-Ear-Buds-Earbuds-Cover-Size-5-for-Focus-Inspire-Ironman-Duro-/351461713022?var=&hash=item51d4c0247e:m:mnOEhgvtJ3C3uakcRVkKrdA

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #900 of 1,031
  So guys I posted this question over in the Venture Electronics appreciation thread, and thought I'd also ask it here, since it seems like you guys might know how to help.

How can I get my VE Monks to ACTUALLY FORM A GOOD PROPER SEAL if I happen to have small ears with small entrances to the ear-canals, such that I pretty much have to wedge the buds in their at an angle to even get them to ever stay in at all?

What I'm getting at is: I read Brooko's review and was SHOCKED by his measurements showing just how much sub-bass the Zen and Monk are capable of, at which point I immediately realize that I have NEVER been hearing that much sub-bass from the Monks in my possession. So I went and used SineGen to play some tones in the 25Hz to 50Hz region, and as expected with the normal fit I get (even using double-foams to try to get a better seal as Brooko suggests) I can hardly hear any bass in those frequencies. But as soon as I PUSH THE EARBUDS HARD AGAINST THE ENTRANCES TO MY EAR-CANALS in order to FORCE them to form a seal, I can hear AMAZING levels of sub-bass!

Am I basically just screwed due to my small ear canals? Do my small ears mean that I will NEVER be able to get the true sub-bass that such earbuds are capable of? And if-so, does that mean that I should never even bother getting the Zen 2.0 once it comes out, as it would be a waste of my money anyway since I'll never be able to hear its full-potential during casual listening unless I press the buds against my ears all the time?
frown.gif

Ugh, if only VE had made the enclosures with a SLIGHTLY SMALLER diameter, I'd be able to get a good seal like Brooko is :frowning2:

So, one thing that seems like ti might work is the Yurbuds earbud-covers.  However I'm not sure what size I should get, and I'm also not sure if they'd form a seal to give me the btter sub-bass I'm hoping for.  At the same time I'm ALSO not sure if they would negatively affect the sound in some way or another!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yurbuds-Replacement-Ear-Buds-Earbuds-Cover-Size-5-for-Focus-Inspire-Ironman-Duro-/351461713022?var=&hash=item51d4c0247e:m:mnOEhgvtJ3C3uakcRVkKrdA

If you check out my avatar, I make my own covers to turn buds into iems. It does make them sound dramatically different. Yurbuds and Griffin earjams also work. Use these covers along with some silicon modelling clay, and you can make your own custom IEMs. 

On a side note, the dasetn website seems to be defunct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back