High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #901 of 1,031
  If you check out my avatar, I make my own covers to turn buds into iems. It does make them sound dramatically different. Yurbuds and Griffin earjams also work. Use these covers along with some silicon modelling clay, and you can make your own custom IEMs. 

On a side note, the dasetn website seems to be defunct.

Will the Griffin Earjams fit on the VE earbuds, do you happen to know if that is the case or not????

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #903 of 1,031
  Can't say for certain because I never owned them. I haven't ever come across an earbud that they didn't fit - and you can check out my profile for the earbuds I've owned.

Okay so how do the Griffin Earjams generally affect the sound of buds?  And how do the Yurbuds Enhancers affect sound?

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #906 of 1,031
For people who like the AWEi ES10, I HIGHLY suggest getting the Suvov S20 that golov17 posted about.

They have a J cord, that at first I was not happy about. Though after using them for a while I realized it is actually pretty functional and comfortable.

The Suvov S20 also comes with a volume adjuster that works well, but no microphone.

The sound is quite good. Great deep, controlled bass. Decent soundstage. Highs might roll off a little early for some, but that is what gives them such a fun sound signature. You can listen to these for days with no fatigue.

My wife kept stealing my pair, so I had to order her a set. Blue for me, white for her.

@BloodyPenguin, I know I am pulling up an old post here, but I received my Suvov S20s today. Just wanted to know your opinion on Suvov S20 vs VE Monk. To my non-audiophile ears, they both sound pretty nice (and much better compared to my stock apple earpods), but I feel attracted to the Monk a bit more. Wanted to know if you have a favorite between these two.

@golov17, would be great to know your opinion as well!

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #907 of 1,031
@BloodyPenguin
, I know I am pulling up an old post here, but I received my Suvov S20s today. Just wanted to know your opinion on Suvov S20 vs VE Monk. To my non-audiophile ears, they both sound pretty nice (and much better compared to my stock apple earpods), but I feel attracted to the Monk a bit more. Wanted to know if you have a favorite between these two.

@golov17
, would be great to know your opinion as well!

To me, neither is better than the other. They both are very good in their own way.

The Monk is the better all around earbud IMO. Not exactly neutral, it still gives a closer to natural sound signature, while still having a nice, smooth, warm playback.

The Suvov S20 is more fun to my ears because it has my favorite sound signature of a deep controlled sub-bass with a tame mid-bass kick, while at the same time having slightly forward mids and nicely rolled off highs.

--

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #908 of 1,031
To me, neither is better than the other. They both are very good in their own way.

The Monk is the better all around earbud IMO. Not exactly neutral, it still gives a closer to natural sound signature, while still having a nice, smooth, warm playback.

The Suvov S20 is more fun to my ears because it has my favorite sound signature of a deep controlled sub-bass with a tame mid-bass kick, while at the same time having slightly forward mids and nicely rolled off highs.

--

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Though I realize that everyone has a different sound signature that they like, your comments would help me appreciate the qualities of these earbuds.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #910 of 1,031
  BTW, my full review of the Earbud Thailand Black Onyx Earbud (BOE) is live now:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/earbud-thailand-black-onyx-earbud-boe/reviews/14988

--

Thanks for the great review BloodyPenguin. Could you tell me how the BOE compare with the Monk and BE3 - especially the BE3 since I would like to move a step up the later?

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #911 of 1,031
Thanks for the great review BloodyPenguin
. Could you tell me how the BOE compare with the Monk and BE3 - especially the BE3 since I would like to move a step up the later?

While the Monk is a great budget value, the BOE seems to do the same with a bit more overall quality. The Black Onyx has better controlled lows, clearer mids and extends up more in the highs. Comparing the two is not fair though. The Monk is only $5 and the BOE is about 6 times the price but your not getting 6 times the sound quality.

I did have the BE3 for a short time. Unfortunately it was when I was first getting into earbuds. I got frustrated with the fit and sold them. I wish I knew then what I know now about foam covers and how to make them seal better. I regret selling them now.

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #913 of 1,031
Thanks BloodyPenguin
 for your input. You've been very helpful. I find the frequency response of the Monk more natural but the sound signature is too thick for my taste. The BOE is looking very tempting to me. Hope someone else could chime in about the BOE vs BE3.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015/1890#post_12214047

Users who are viewing this thread

Back