High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #706 of 1,031
I chucked my CIEMs away because I found the BalDoor Earbell E100, just an outstanding piece of craftmanship. Rumours are the top Sennheiser engineers were recruited to make this masterpiece of an earphone

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #708 of 1,031
  I chucked my CIEMs away because I found the BalDoor Earbell E100, just an outstanding piece of craftmanship. Rumours are the top Sennheiser engineers were recruited to make this masterpiece of an earphone

I'm tempted to give these a shot, as they seem to get rave reviews.

Anyone able to compare them to the Pioneer se-ce521-k?  

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #711 of 1,031
So these are not whoomps but some cheapie bud enhancer I got on deal extreme a lifetime ago. They do not in fact enhance these buds. Except for bass and isolation. But OMG driver flex! They take away what is great about buds, the airiness. They kind of close off the sound and make the bass too big and encompassing. Isolation is great, same as any other canal phone and makes insertion rather simple but not altogether secure. I wouldn't go jogging with these. Though going over ear seemed to be better. Obviously these are my impressions and YMMV. Ordinarily I use the donut foams and will continue as I don't like these with the Baldoor.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #713 of 1,031
Whoomps are different from the cheap silicone ones. The cheap silicone ones will fold under weight and depending on the weight of the bud, it will choke the opening altogether. Whoomps do not do this. They increase the bass and clarity - but at the expense of soundstage and openess. I use things like this - but more customized, when I need in-ear monitors when performing on stage. The IEMs I've tried for this purpose all fall somewhat short. This includes balanced armature units from SHURE and those with TWFK Knowles.

However, it turns your earbuds into IEMs - which most people do not want - since they chose earbuds over IEMs. But they also make buds into IEMs that sound better than any IEM I've tried. Granted, I've never tried an IEM with a street price greater than $250. But for $20, I get an IEM that serves it purpose - plus won't make me freak when I break them - and when they break. I'll just get another pair.

However, IEMs and buds are not my weapon of choice - for that I need cans feeding off a DAC + amp.

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #714 of 1,031
So, my Mrice Earbell E100s just arrived. Cost me £16.98 with shipping - ordered on Friday, received on Monday. 

First impressions 
- Basic box and case package, but first time I've had earphones with donut foams included. Also comes with full foams.
- wow, very nice looking and feeling cable, and I love the aesthetics of the earpieces themselves. 
- Without the foams, these fit my ears really well, but with the donut foams, its a match made in heaven - a lovely soft, perfect fit.  I was worried from comments that I might have fit issues, but no, they feel beautiful.
- **** me!! These things SOUND PHENOMENALl!  

For this price, man, I'm stunned. I thought my Pioneer SE-CE521-K were good, but these are in another universe. I've had a pretty long history with IEMs before and these just kill anything I've tried, even those costing many hundreds.  Makes me wonder what would happen if every Head-fi member was sent a pair. We'd probably have tumbleweed blowing across the forum.....

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #719 of 1,031
if you need some more help deciding 
evil_smiley.gif

I picked up as many of the earbuds discussed in this thread as I could in the past month to see what you guys were talking about. And because they're cheap like candy, but actually worth the money. 
This includes the E100, H180, and some other old ones like the TG38s, ES10, MC5, MX760. Unfortunately it was too hard to get some Blox m2c or BE5... 
but of the earbuds I do have, the E100 definitely wins best value. Most versatile sound imo and best bass, one of the top 2-3 in my rotation.

I don't understand why so many people have fit problems with them though, cause they're the smallest circumference-wise. They fit just like every other earbud to me, but I really dont know cause I have mutant alien ears.

if they do fit, bloodypenguin, I wanna say you'll never touch your ES10 or MC5 again 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back