High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #722 of 1,031
  if you need some more help deciding 
evil_smiley.gif

I picked up as many of the earbuds discussed in this thread as I could in the past month to see what you guys were talking about. And because they're cheap like candy, but actually worth the money. 
This includes the E100, H180, and some other old ones like the TG38s, ES10, MC5, MX760. Unfortunately it was too hard to get some Blox m2c or BE5... 
but of the earbuds I do have, the E100 definitely wins best value. Most versatile sound imo and best bass, one of the top 2-3 in my rotation.

I don't understand why so many people have fit problems with them though, cause they're the smallest circumference-wise. They fit just like every other earbud to me, but I really dont know cause I have mutant alien ears.

if they do fit, bloodypenguin, I wanna say you'll never touch your ES10 or MC5 again 
normal_smile .gif

Certainly no fit issues with the E100 for me - quite the opposite. These may well be the most comfortable pair of earphones (including IEMS) I have ever used. Like pillows in my ears,  so light and soft.

Was walking to work with them this morning, and playing Bitches Brew.  I was in heaven. The soundstage is open, the instrument separation layered and placed wonderfully, the lows mids and highs all balanced and liquid and sounding so right.  I want to use the word effortless. 

Oh, these things are more addictive than burgers fried in crack.  

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #723 of 1,031
  if you need some more help deciding 
evil_smiley.gif

I picked up as many of the earbuds discussed in this thread as I could in the past month to see what you guys were talking about. And because they're cheap like candy, but actually worth the money. 
This includes the E100, H180, and some other old ones like the TG38s, ES10, MC5, MX760. Unfortunately it was too hard to get some Blox m2c or BE5... 
but of the earbuds I do have, the E100 definitely wins best value. Most versatile sound imo and best bass, one of the top 2-3 in my rotation.

I don't understand why so many people have fit problems with them though, cause they're the smallest circumference-wise. They fit just like every other earbud to me, but I really dont know cause I have mutant alien ears.

if they do fit, bloodypenguin, I wanna say you'll never touch your ES10 or MC5 again 
normal_smile .gif

Hate you.  
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

That is saying a lot about the E100, I really do enjoy both them very much.  The ES10 for fun bassy stuff and the MC5 for watching movies.

Certainly no fit issues with the E100 for me - quite the opposite. These may well be the most comfortable pair of earphones (including IEMS) I have ever used. Like pillows in my ears,  so light and soft.

Was walking to work with them this morning, and playing Bitches Brew.  I was in heaven. The soundstage is open, the instrument separation layered and placed wonderfully, the lows mids and highs all balanced and liquid and sounding so right.  I want to use the word effortless. 

Oh, these things are more addictive than burgers fried in crack.  

Also hate you...  
wink.gif

tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

I just sold another pair of earphones (not on this site), so once those funds come in, I will hit "Place your order" on Amazon.  

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #724 of 1,031
I'll sell my E100's if anyone is interested. Literally took them out the box, tried them, didn't fit properly put them back in the box. They are sitting on my dresser as we speak. It's a shame because all of the reviews I read were mostly positive and I figured for the price I had nothing to lose. Let me know!

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #733 of 1,031

I bought them and will let you know if this sound engineer has learned anything in the last 10 years :)

Chinese profession engineer which has worked over 10 years for famous brand earphones

Today I received the TENNMAK DIY EC70 using Sennheiser IE800 cable .....

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TENNMAK-DIY-EC70-ear-hook-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-strong-bass-and-clear-sound-IE800-cable/32218492745.html

I'll post a quote from another buyer "beautiful quality & sound. extremely high imaging, better than ie800. the joints move smoothly and seems durable. it has a warm smooth bass with clear vocal and highs"

I could not agree more with this other buyer, very well made with worth every penny ($19), nice tight fit and once on correctly they stay in your ear. If your an active user (i.e, running or working out you will love these). love the IE800 cable and they don't feel cheaply made.

1st impressions on the sound, extremely clear, detailed vocals and extremely good bass, no distortion and sound is not muffled. I'm on the sideline but sound stage, while it's there just not a fore front.

Tony the maker was also very kind in sending a 2nd pair of IEMs to try out.  

Bottom line... for $19, no complaints from me very pleased and surprised.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #735 of 1,031
These look suspiciously like my favorite earbuds: The Creative Aurvana Air. I rip off all the earhook mechanisms when using it - it is an irreversibe modification. One thing that bugs me about the Aurvanas, is that they are too expensive for something I will eventually break. They F900EX ripped off the look, I wonder if they ripped off the sound. They also might be doing what other industries do - which is make all the things in the same factory and slap on different brand names. The Aurvana is upwards of $100, for $20, this might be the ticket.

Quote:

Today I received the TENNMAK DIY EC70 using Sennheiser IE800 cable .....

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TENNMAK-DIY-EC70-ear-hook-earphone-earbud-headphone-with-strong-bass-and-clear-sound-IE800-cable/32218492745.html

I'll post a quote from another buyer "beautiful quality & sound. extremely high imaging, better than ie800. the joints move smoothly and seems durable. it has a warm smooth bass with clear vocal and highs"

I could not agree more with this other buyer, very well made with worth every penny ($19), nice tight fit and once on correctly they stay in your ear. If your an active user (i.e, running or working out you will love these). love the IE800 cable and they don't feel cheaply made.

1st impressions on the sound, extremely clear, detailed vocals and extremely good bass, no distortion and sound is not muffled. I'm on the sideline but sound stage, while it's there just not a fore front.

Tony the maker was also very kind in sending a 2nd pair of IEMs to try out.  

Bottom line... for $19, no complaints from me very pleased and surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back