High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
Jun 12, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #691 of 908
triode wire labs - digital american and seven plus power cables are both good, especially digital american, the sound is exquisite and detailed, relaxed and natural.
twl digital american in DAC is more to my liking than slitech 880p

Are you using your Digital American on your digital products like DAC and Seven Plus on your amps/analog products? I'm looking at them for my Cayin HA-300 300b SET tube amp. I'm guessing I should get the Seven Plus, correct?

Jun 12, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #692 of 908
So my NRG Custom Cables 'The 5' arrived today.
Complete set for All of my gear.
Including a comparison to one of the stock cables.

They are MASSIVE in thickness, but still quite flexible.
Sonically I can hear bigger sound stage and better sub bass.20201218_133508.jpg20201218_133526.jpg20201218_134012.jpg20201218_134419.jpg
Now I can also use my amp in my power regenerator, which gives me better clarity on top, but that would have been similar with any cable of the required length.
How do you like the NRG The Five nowadays? I'm thinking about upgrading my Morrow Audio MAP3 power cable for my Cayin HA-300 300b tube amp, and I'm thinking about either The Five or Triode Wire Labs Seven Plus.

Jun 12, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #693 of 908
How do you like the NRG The Five nowadays? I'm thinking about upgrading my Morrow Audio MAP3 power cable for my Cayin HA-300 300b tube amp, and I'm thinking about either The Five or Triode Wire Labs Seven Plus.
I really like what it did to the sound, I have no experience with other after market power cables for comparisons tho.

I recommend something to stabilize the cables tho, since the are really have and can put quite the pressure on the sockets

Jun 15, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #694 of 908
Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread). :L3000:

I recently swapped my Tubulus Argentus USB cable for a Network Acoustics ENO 4 and I'm happy with the upgrade. The sound is more spacious, more detailed and more relaxed. I hate to say "more analog" but that is exactly what I was thinking. The TA is a nice cable, but switching back to it after a week listening to ENO showed how different USB cables can sound. The TA has plenty of detail and space but the presentation was more forward and "edgier." I (again) hate to say "more digital" but that is what I was thinking.

FTR I play files (16/44 FLAC to 4x DSD) on a tweaked Windows laptop with Foobar2000 connected to a Denafrips Terminator2 and Gaia. I don't stream (see below). I was concerned the laptop might the limiting factor, but nope, upgrading cables still matter.

Just as an aside, and no judgement at all, but I read with interest all the discussion of ethernet cables and audiophile networking. Managing the network at a mid-major research university was my day job for many years and in spite (or perhaps because) of that experience I don't want it anywhere near my music. In fact I sneaker-net a portable USB drive between my desktop upstairs where I download/rip and back it up to the laptop where it play it. FWIW my advice to friends is to use media converters and fiber between your router and your system but swap the wall wart power supplies for linear, at least at the end by your system. Then use a short run of your favorite copper ethernet cable to connect from the media converter to your streamer.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #695 of 908
Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread). :L3000:

I recently swapped my Tubulus Argentus USB cable for a Network Acoustics ENO 4 and I'm happy with the upgrade. The sound is more spacious, more detailed and more relaxed. I hate to say "more analog" but that is exactly what I was thinking. The TA is a nice cable, but switching back to it after a week listening to ENO showed how different USB cables can sound. The TA has plenty of detail and space but the presentation was more forward and "edgier." I (again) hate to say "more digital" but that is what I was thinking.

FTR I play files (16/44 FLAC to 4x DSD) on a tweaked Windows laptop with Foobar2000 connected to a Denafrips Terminator2 and Gaia. I don't stream (see below). I was concerned the laptop might the limiting factor, but nope, upgrading cables still matter.

Just as an aside, and no judgement at all, but I read with interest all the discussion of ethernet cables and audiophile networking. Managing the network at a mid-major research university was my day job for many years and in spite (or perhaps because) of that experience I don't want it anywhere near my music. In fact I sneaker-net a portable USB drive between my desktop upstairs where I download/rip and back it up to the laptop where it play it. FWIW my advice to friends is to use media converters and fiber between your router and your system but swap the wall wart power supplies for linear, at least at the end by your system. Then use a short run of your favorite copper ethernet cable to connect from the media converter to your streamer.
I wonder how the Eno4 compares to the Network Acoustics Muon

Jun 15, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #696 of 908
I wonder how the Eno4 compares to the Network Acoustics Muon

That is the $1500 (or euro or GBP) question isn't it? For me, the Eno4 was what I wanted to spend, and going back to the Argentus after a week tells me I made the right choice. The differences, while clear, are not big and more about the overall presentation rather than more e.g. resolution. I feel like for me at least, I'm well into diminishing returns and there is other stuff on which I'd rather spend my audio budget.

That said, a friend is strongly considering the Muon USB (he has the Muon streaming system) so perhaps I'll have a better answer at some point.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #697 of 908
FWIW my advice to friends is to use media converters and fiber between your router and your system but swap the wall wart power supplies for linear, at least at the end by your system. Then use a short run of your favorite copper ethernet cable to connect from the media converter to your streamer.

+1. i always prefer it with fiber in between router and system.

Jun 16, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #703 of 908
Sorry if I got something mixed up. It wasn't you who wrote that the Muon USB makes highs so smooth/soft that it was too much for some recordings?

My experience with the ENO 4 is the highs are extended, spacious and crystal clear. It might be on smooth/soft side of perfectly neutral but nothing like too smooth/soft. I would say the cable in general is on the smooth/soft side of perfectly neutral, but overall very close to neutral. And Network Acoustics has a 30 day return, just sayin' :wink: .

P.S. Of course "neutral" is in the ear of the beholder so JMO/FWIW/YMMV and all that.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #705 of 908
@CAJames @kingoftown1

Gentlemen what do you think about dynamics? Punchy bass, attacks, sense of that immediate appearance of sound?

And Network Acoustics has a 30 day return, just sayin' :wink: .
Yeah. I’ve already saw that. I want to try NA Muon and Tubulus Concentus (both have a 30days return policy), and see if any of these become the new King Arthur who can pull Supra Excalibur out of my DAC 🤣

Supra’s USB cable is extremely cheap by audiophile standards, but so far I haven’t found anything that I like better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back