High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
May 23, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #676 of 928
Anyone used CAD (computador audio design) usb ii-R, or Bibacord usb?
Im in Munich hifi show and so far they were the only brand that acrually have some cables for sale on the event..
I passed on this one, as the last posts above noted, more expensive is not always better, the cable even with the show 20% discount would still be around $1600 and I never read a user review (there is at least one professional review available, but I disregard those usually)
For reference I have both yellow and blue curious 20cm cables, dont feel anything bad about them, just wanted to change to sth different and maybe a bit larger.

May 24, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #677 of 928
Anyone have recommendations for XLR cable between DAC and Preamp?
Budget around $700-800 usd.

May 24, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #678 of 928
May 24, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #680 of 928

This might be interesting. I talked to the distributor at High End in Munich and heard a system with those cables. Still too early to definitely say, but I will try them in my next setup for power and RCA.

https://www.lunacables.com/

The Orange series is in your stated price bracket.

May 24, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #683 of 928
I can recommend Amadi cables under your budget but great cables I use between my Lampi pacific & Hegel P30 preamp
I took out audio quest amazons & never looked back don't be fooled by the low price Phil makes other cables as well.Just look at other ones also listed on audiogon
Sells on audiogon
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb1j9d-amadi-cables-maddie-sig-1-5m-xlr-interconnects

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #684 of 928
It took a while to familiarize myself with the Tubulus Concentus due to some server issues & replacement hardware, but I think I've got a handle on it now. The .75m Concentus replaced a 1.2m Furutech HF-X NCF, which imo should get more recognition for i2s at its low price point. The chain I'm using is DIY server/Jcat USB XE > NA Muon USB > SU-6+Hypsos > Concentus > modded Spring 3.

As far as the Concentus goes, the first thing that hit me was the sweet, realistic treble. A lot of people use sweet as a synonym for "rolled-off", but that's not the case here imo. It just sounds so right and easy to listen to, without any loss of detail or spatial information. I don't really consider myself a treble-head at all, but the more attention I pay to the digital side of my chain, the more sensitive I get to changes in treble reproduction. The bass is the second thing to impress -- right off the bat, there was a ton. Since my cable was secondhand, Idk whether or not it was fully burned in, but after a couple weeks in my system the whole frequency spectrum is beautifully balanced, and the bass still goes low and hits hard when the music calls for it.

The last thing to come into place, and what had me worried initially was the midrange. For the first couple days the Concentus beat the Furutech in everything but midrange saturation/density -- the Furutech has a really fun sort of "engagement factor" that I think stems from how it portrays the midrange. Initially the Concentus' thin midrange was a letdown, but it really filled in nicely over time and landed exactly where it needed to.

Other general qualities: image placement and soundstage is just a no-brainer. It's a silver cable in an air dielectric, no need to worry there. It goes wiiide and deep, but never sounds unnatural or disconnected to my ears. Dynamics are also surprisingly good -- I didn't expect much improvement here, since Furutech's house sound is already pretty dynamic, but the Concentus has surprised me a few times.

May 31, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #685 of 928
It took a while to familiarize myself with the Tubulus Concentus due to some server issues & replacement hardware, but I think I've got a handle on it now. The .75m Concentus replaced a 1.2m Furutech HF-X NCF, which imo should get more recognition for i2s at its low price point. The chain I'm using is DIY server/Jcat USB XE > NA Muon USB > SU-6+Hypsos > Concentus > modded Spring 3.

As far as the Concentus goes, the first thing that hit me was the sweet, realistic treble. A lot of people use sweet as a synonym for "rolled-off", but that's not the case here imo. It just sounds so right and easy to listen to, without any loss of detail or spatial information. I don't really consider myself a treble-head at all, but the more attention I pay to the digital side of my chain, the more sensitive I get to changes in treble reproduction. The bass is the second thing to impress -- right off the bat, there was a ton. Since my cable was secondhand, Idk whether or not it was fully burned in, but after a couple weeks in my system the whole frequency spectrum is beautifully balanced, and the bass still goes low and hits hard when the music calls for it.

The last thing to come into place, and what had me worried initially was the midrange. For the first couple days the Concentus beat the Furutech in everything but midrange saturation/density -- the Furutech has a really fun sort of "engagement factor" that I think stems from how it portrays the midrange. Initially the Concentus' thin midrange was a letdown, but it really filled in nicely over time and landed exactly where it needed to.

Other general qualities: image placement and soundstage is just a no-brainer. It's a silver cable in an air dielectric, no need to worry there. It goes wiiide and deep, but never sounds unnatural or disconnected to my ears. Dynamics are also surprisingly good -- I didn't expect much improvement here, since Furutech's house sound is already pretty dynamic, but the Concentus has surprised me a few times.

I got mine recently too. in the sub 1k price range, the concentus is the i2s cable to get. was great out of the box for me, but am continuing to run it in. if it gets any better, then wow.. the imaging and staging is pretty impressive.

May 31, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #687 of 928

I was not aware that furutech made an i2s cable.

Is the pin out compatible with the audio-gd di20 ?

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #689 of 928
So i tried Oyaide Tunami Terzo RCA Cables yesterday from my friend and i quite like it better than Nordost/Cardas/Chord cables. Does anyone have compared Tunami to Kimber or Van Den Hul cables or any other cables? I need sound that's a bit more dynamic than the Tunami without changing the tonality/balance very much ( Tunamis are sliiiiiightly soft on my system )

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #690 of 928
@kingoftown1 I have the Concentus and I agree with your findings. I also bought a Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy CryoSilver HDMI which is extraordinarily detailed, but it doesn't have the body and smooth character of the Concentus. Both have great sound staging capabilities. Both are good options (getting a Revelation Audio Labs can be aggravating, as the owner is nice, but very slow and spotty in communications and delivery, and it can take many, many months to get your cable).

Unfortunately with DAC changes I no longer have HDMI inputs so these cables are sitting in a drawer.

I need to sell some stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back