High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and Impression Thread
Feb 20, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #31 of 197
Understand concerns with the appearance, think their amp is much more attractive and special in this regard. But don't see any need for two box solution since it runs with batteries. Think it's awesome that it's so compact but still, very expensive also.

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #32 of 197
You can always buy a Bakoon AMP-11R: http://www.klutzdesign.com/Product.php?sd_esp_1_pid=53
Just 5k... but HPA-21 will probably have better HP performance.
BTW Bakoon actually came up with this design before Apple released their products in this format.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #35 of 197
Screw you lot -- you've pushed me over the edge. I'm emailing them to see if I can drive down and demo a unit. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #36 of 197
"Screw you lot -- you've pushed me over the edge." That's music in the ears of a head-fier!
biggrin.gif

Yes the Toxic cable (Silver Widow) probably helped with the clarity, treble presentation etc. But there was still an improvement in clarity when using the current socket as compared to the voltage socket, that produced a more "familiar" sound, like "your ordinary nice HP amp with a good cable". With the current socket I got the best of LCD-3 with the clarity and air from HD800. Or something like that...

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #37 of 197
Quote:
"Screw you lot -- you've pushed me over the edge." That's music in the ears of a head-fier!
biggrin.gif

Yes the Toxic cable (Silver Widow) probably helped with the clarity, treble presentation etc. But there was still an improvement in clarity when using the current socket as compared to the voltage socket, that produced a more "familiar" sound, like "your ordinary nice HP amp with a good cable". With the current socket I got the best of LCD-3 with the clarity and air from HD800. Or something like that...

You do realise that you have just  given us a world first impression of this amp 21 soundwise, right ?
You also realise another world first impression of the amp 21 with the Audeze 3  ok ?
And now you are already tweaking the sound with the Toxic cable !!!
Wow !!! you move fast over there .
wink.gif

This is headfi at its very best
Thanks a ton.
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #39 of 197
Quote:
Well, it was actually Klutz Design that wanted to show HPA-21 with the best equipment, i.e. LCD-3 with Toxic Silver Widow cable! 
tongue_smile.gif

This amp looks promising.

CanDude, unless I've missed something, how/where did Klutz Design say that they thought the Toxic Silver Widow cable was the best for the LCD3? 

I'm personally interested as I'm shopping around for an amp and cables at the moment for my LCD3 and sorting through alot of information/feedback on the forums and want to be as objective as possible.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #40 of 197
Wonder if the current AMP-11r 15watt speaker amp's headphone output can match up to this. I was strongly considering it to drive speakers as well as my LCD-2's, but this has got me thinking

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #41 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ardwareNick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CanDude, unless I've missed something, how/where did Klutz Design say that they thought the Toxic Silver Widow cable was the best for the LCD3? 

I'm personally interested as I'm shopping around for an amp and cables at the moment for my LCD3 and sorting through alot of information/feedback on the forums and want to be as objective as possible.

They have hardly tested every aftermarket cable on the market with LCD-3 (who has). This is what their sign beside HPA-21 said about the Toxic Silver Widow cable: "One of the most appreciated aftermarket cable for Audeze." They just wanted to show HPA-21 with really good gear.

I believe the Toxic Silver Widow cable is very nice. Comfortable. And since I managed to hear the low freq rumble on The Dark Side Of The Moon in the noisy environment I don't think it attenuates the sub bass, as my old (now unused) Q-Audio cable does. I'll probably buy a Toxic Silver Widow cable or two.

It's impossible to be objective about cables. Read reviews, forums etc. and pick one or two. I can only say one thing, if someone says that cables don't matter he/she hasn't compared the Audez'e stock cable with a good aftermarket cable (especially with a different sound signature) side-by-side. And that's fine too. At least for the wallet.
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #42 of 197
Quote:
Wonder if the current AMP-11r 15watt speaker amp's headphone output can match up to this. I was strongly considering it to drive speakers as well as my LCD-2's, but this has got me thinking

I didn't feel any lack of power with HPA-21 and LCD-3, on the contrary. I wonder if it can drive HE-6? I'll check when I get a unit.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #43 of 197
Quote:

They have hardly tested every aftermarket cable on the market with LCD-3 (who has). This is what their sign beside HPA-21 said about the Toxic Silver Widow cable: "One of the most appreciated aftermarket cable for Audeze." They just wanted to show HPA-21 with really good gear.

I believe the Toxic Silver Widow cable is very nice. Comfortable. And since I managed to hear the low freq rumble on The Dark Side Of The Moon in the noisy environment I don't think it attenuates the sub bass, as my old (now unused) Q-Audio cable does. I'll probably buy a Toxic Silver Widow cable or two.

It's impossible to be objective about cables. Read reviews, forums etc. and pick one or two. I can only say one thing, if someone says that cables don't matter he/she hasn't compared the Audez'e stock cable with a good aftermarket cable (especially with a different sound signature) side-by-side. And that's fine too. At least for the wallet.
smile.gif

Did you get the impression that there's any difference between your red astrachan and this toxic cable? Otherwise toxic seems to marry many of the strengths of the q cable and beefier cables. Looking forward to see what you make of it if you do get a toxic and compare.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #44 of 197
Quote:
Did you get the impression that there's any difference between your red astrachan and this toxic cable? Otherwise toxic seems to marry many of the strengths of the q cable and beefier cables. Looking forward to see what you make of it if you do get a toxic and compare.

Impossible to say since I don't know how different HPA-21 and BHA-1 are. There's a big difference between the q cable and red astrachan, as far as I remember. My red astrachan review is still there, last post before that thread was closed...
I hope the Toxic Silver Widow is as least as good as red astrachan. The comfort is definitely better, of course!

Let's not turn this thread into a cable thread. I know that Soo In at Bakoon is following this thread and we don't want to bore him, don't we? 
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #45 of 197
Quote:

Impossible to say since I don't know how different HPA-21 and BHA-1 are. There's a big difference between the q cable and red astrachan, as far as I remember. My red astrachan review is still there, last post before that thread was closed...
I hope the Toxic Silver Widow is as least as good as red astrachan. The comfort is definitely better, of course!

Let's not turn this thread into a cable thread. I know that Soo In at Bakoon is following this thread and we don't want to bore him, don't we? 
wink.gif

We most certainly do not :) 

Do we know where we can expect to see early reviews? Srajan's been writing about it. Anyone else?

Still keep thinking about the session with the hpa-21. It was an earopener and will definitely affect how i progress with my headfi choices/investments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back