hiflight topkit? and ibasso d4 problems
Sep 6, 2010 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

giveit2menow

Head-Fier
Hi
I have an ibasso d4 which i find underwhelming. I actually prefer my fiio e5. I am using an archos 5 as source and etymotic e4 as IEM. I hear no improvement when swapping between amps and the e5 being warmer suits my earphones better. I have ehard about the hiflight topkit but have no idea where to buy it or what it is, a google search found nothing. So im thinking either an upgrade that will give a warmer sound to the ibasso or maybe try the fiio e7 instead. Thoughts or help appreciated.

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 2
Hiflight is a member here on head-fi.

He has basically tried a combination of OPAMPs in the D4 and the ones that in his opinion gives the most neutral and detailed sound he sells as a part of his 'topkit'.

However in your case a slightly warm signature is probably preferred over a neutral signature as your E4s are somewhat dry and cold.

So either you can sell off your D4 and keep the E5 or if you are a bit adventurous, get some OPAMPs from a friend and change the stock OPAMPs in the D4 till you get a signature you like.

Thats the best thing of OPAMP rollable amps like the D4 is that you can change its sound signature to suit your earphones. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back