HiFiMan's HE-300: Orthodynamic? Nope (Review)
Aug 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #16 of 37

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/4035#post_7639118

Thanks Hagen. I should get another HE-6 cable this week. Should be even lighter than the one posted above.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #17 of 37
Another? Where do you guys get the HE-6 cable? 
ph34r.gif
 WTB / FS?

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #18 of 37

Quote:
Another? Where do you guys get the HE-6 cable? 
ph34r.gif
 WTB / FS?

Yes, both from Head-fi

btw does anyone know is the HE-5 LE the same as the HE-4 one which is covered with nylon?

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #20 of 37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9988jF5_jUE&feature=player_embedded

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e38cHNTig4&feature=player_embedded

Sep 2, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #24 of 37
I added my final review for anyone that was interested.

Sep 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #25 of 37
My HE300 have about 89 hours of burn-in, currently being driven by a Singlepower MPX3 SE Slam with a Meridian 506.20 as the source. The sound has changed in the first 3-5 hours a lot then it stayed quite consistent till around 80-82 hours. In the last 6-8 hours I have heard them becoming smoother and more detailed. Sure look to the 100 hour self imposed threshold before I do any serious listening. Should mention I am using the HE6 balanced occ cable.

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #27 of 37
I just wanted to say that I've read this review several times, and it was actually one of the reasons I ended up buying the HE-300. Suffice to say I agree with much of what has been said, although these aren't burnt in enough to give a final verdict (they only have a couple dozen hours on them as of this writing). Really enjoying them thus far though, and I imagine that will only continue with time.

I plan to post my own review as my experience with these grows, because quite frankly there isn't much in the way of reviews or detailed info available about them at the moment compared to the competition in this price range. However, I thought I should acknowledge that this thread (as well as the generic HE-300 thread) has been a great resource, especially for a comparative noob such as myself.

My one question is this: Are there any reviews of the HE-300 with the leather replacement pads? I have some concerns about the durability of the stock ones (which arrived ever-so-slightly loose on one side, which appears impossible to correct without voiding warranty). I'm curious as to what effect (if any) the leather would have on SQ and/or soundstage.

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #28 of 37

Quote:
I just wanted to say that I've read this review several times, and it was actually one of the reasons I ended up buying the HE-300. Suffice to say I agree with much of what has been said, although these aren't burnt in enough to give a final verdict (they only have a couple dozen hours on them as of this writing). Really enjoying them thus far though, and I imagine that will only continue with time.

I plan to post my own review as my experience with these grows, because quite frankly there isn't much in the way of reviews or detailed info available about them at the moment compared to the competition in this price range. However, I thought I should acknowledge that this thread (as well as the generic HE-300 thread) has been a great resource, especially for a comparative noob such as myself.

My one question is this: Are there any reviews of the HE-300 with the leather replacement pads? I have some concerns about the durability of the stock ones (which arrived ever-so-slightly loose on one side, which appears impossible to correct without voiding warranty). I'm curious as to what effect (if any) the leather would have on SQ and/or soundstage.

Looking forward to another review! Btw to OP great review, almost every review I have read has been good, just a matter of hearing more. That's one of the things that has kept me from pulling the trigger and grabbing myself a pair is that there are not many reviews at all about them and frankly I want to hear more people's opinions on them. Especially when compared to something such as the HD650's that have been around forever and you can easily find 50 reviews within 10 seconds of searching. I've just been patiently waiting to hear more things about these to see if its worth trying the new thing or going for the tried and true HD650.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #29 of 37
mrarroyo, how do you feel about these cans now? How many hours of burn-in do you they have? 

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #30 of 37
Please read my updated review which I posted in the HE-300 Head-Gear section under reviews. I have since updated the sound quality portion with a lot different thoughts after sitting down with the HD650, the HD600, AKG K501, 601, Q701, and the Beyerdnyamic DT880 and DT990

Users who are viewing this thread

Back