Hifiman TWS600 - First Impression
Aug 29, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #181 of 240
Hi all, to those getting any dropouts would you mind specifying which device your using the TWS600 with so we can see if there might be any pattern and that we might be able to test the same devices here?

You bet. Primary device is an iPhone Xs. Other device is an iMac 27". Both devices no more than 3 feet away from the TWS.

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #183 of 240
Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the sound over time? I almost always run with mine, so I'm not talking about listening critically. I suspect my ears have got used to the signature. I've never eq'd them, by the way. They have a clarity in the mids that makes vocals and lead instruments easy to follow, also old, bassy tracks, like The Beatles for instance, are more palatable

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #185 of 240
Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the sound over time? I almost always run with mine, so I'm not talking about listening critically. I suspect my ears have got used to the signature. I've never eq'd them, by the way. They have a clarity in the mids that makes vocals and lead instruments easy to follow, also old, bassy tracks, like The Beatles for instance, are more palatable

Yup. I reported much the same very early in this thread.

Although I think the response might have changed very slightly, I'm pretty sure most of this perception is due to me finding the optimum sweet point for fit in my ears and getting used to the signature. Now if I insert the earphones and get that bright, tinny response I just continue playing with the fit until the sound falls into place. For me the secret is a good seal without deep insertion. Insert then twist down at the back while rotating in and up then pull out slightly to confirm the seal. Notably my left ear is much more sensitive to fit than my right.

Like you I don't even feel compelled to use EQ. The upper midrange spike is still audible but not anywhere near to what I preceived when I first tried these.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #186 of 240
Hi all, to those getting any dropouts would you mind specifying which device your using the TWS600 with so we can see if there might be any pattern and that we might be able to test the same devices here?

I've had right sided dropouts with both my Galaxy S7 Edge, AK 100 II and Windows 10 laptop.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #187 of 240
You bet. Primary device is an iPhone Xs. Other device is an iMac 27". Both devices no more than 3 feet away from the TWS.

Have you checked your local environment for lots of Wi-Fi access points? Something like Inssider would show you how crowded the local 2.4GHz spectrum is, that can cause BT things to drop out. Does it happen mostly in one place or happen in every location equally?

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #188 of 240
Have you checked your local environment for lots of Wi-Fi access points? Something like Inssider would show you how crowded the local 2.4GHz spectrum is, that can cause BT things to drop out. Does it happen mostly in one place or happen in every location equally?

Mark
With the iMac, there is only the one location with 2 access points (in-house and one neighbor's). With the iPhone, it happened everywhere using the initial set -- including remote outdoors. The replacement pair was so bad with the dropouts, that I was only able to have one short listening session with them before putting them back in the box.

Sep 3, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #189 of 240
With the iMac, there is only the one location with 2 access points (in-house and one neighbor's). With the iPhone, it happened everywhere using the initial set -- including remote outdoors. The replacement pair was so bad with the dropouts, that I was only able to have one short listening session with them before putting them back in the box.

Hmm strange, we can swap them for you if you like as that something that should be happening, have you emailed customer service about it already? If not please do so and we can sort things out for you.

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 3, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #190 of 240
Hmm strange, we can swap them for you if you like as that something that should be happening, have you emailed customer service about it already? If not please do so and we can sort things out for you.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I already sent both the original pair and the replacement pair back in the same box to Amazon. I was working with customer service, but chose to do an initial exchange with Amazon, and when the replacement pair was worse than the first, I just decided to return both the original pair and the replacement.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #191 of 240
Ah okay, well you know where we are should you ever need anything in the future.

Thanks Mark,

I already sent both the original pair and the replacement pair back in the same box to Amazon. I was working with customer service, but chose to do an initial exchange with Amazon, and when the replacement pair was worse than the first, I just decided to return both the original pair and the replacement.

Mark

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #192 of 240
I received my tour TWS600s yesterday. They appeared to be new from HiFiMan, so I don't know if these are truly new as they appear or have been refurb'd. I will assume new. My intial impressions :

Pros:
- Great case, battery, USB C charging.
- Easy pairing
- No dropouts
- Great fit for me
- Great build and feel of the earphones themselves
- Best button tactile response I've had with TW phones

Cons:
- Unfortunately, the big one -- When I first tried these on they sounded like cardboard -- lots of mids, no bass or highs. Not wanting to use the included tips if I didn't need to, I used a set of silicone tips that I knew fit with other TW earphones. OK, they can't possibly be this bad, so I found a good fit with one of the included tips. I'm getting bass, but the mids are exaggerated and the highs are severely rolled off. Sounds very veiled.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they're new and need some burn-in. After they were playing unattended for an hour or so, I put them back in and I've been listening for an hour or so. They're starting to sound better (tolerable, anyway!), so I'm attributing this to brain/physical burn-in.

I'll give them a good workout and check back in later.

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #193 of 240
I received my tour TWS600s yesterday. They appeared to be new from HiFiMan, so I don't know if these are truly new as they appear or have been refurb'd. I will assume new. My intial impressions :

Pros:
- Great case, battery, USB C charging.
- Easy pairing
- No dropouts
- Great fit for me
- Great build and feel of the earphones themselves
- Best button tactile response I've had with TW phones

Cons:
- Unfortunately, the big one -- When I first tried these on they sounded like cardboard -- lots of mids, no bass or highs. Not wanting to use the included tips if I didn't need to, I used a set of silicone tips that I knew fit with other TW earphones. OK, they can't possibly be this bad, so I found a good fit with one of the included tips. I'm getting bass, but the mids are exaggerated and the highs are severely rolled off. Sounds very veiled.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they're new and need some burn-in. After they were playing unattended for an hour or so, I put them back in and I've been listening for an hour or so. They're starting to sound better (tolerable, anyway!), so I'm attributing this to brain/physical burn-in.

I'll give them a good workout and check back in later.

I tried them a couple of times also.
I was very disappointed in the sound quality.They sounded tike I was listening in a tin can. Weak treble and no bass.
I have a pair of the wire RE-600 earphones , They sound decent for the price.

Sep 21, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #194 of 240
These things are so sensitive to fit and insertion depth it's not funny. Even when a good seal is achieved if the insertion depth is wrong the description "sounding like cardboard" is bang on.

It took me a long time to find tips that provide a good seal at the correct depth. Even so these will always sound a little bright and bass light, but the signature warms up and the treble is nice and extended with no harshness.

If you do not listen at very high levels and the music is well recorded these can sound pretty good. However, even with all factors optimized the signature is definitely not for everyone.

Sep 21, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #195 of 240
Received my loaner pair this morning. First impressions:
  • Case feels nice and weighty
  • Didn't have any issues with fit myself though I know others have mentioned it
  • Pairing went fine. No easier or harder than anything else I own.
I'll post some more detailed information closer to the end of my two weeks. So far, I've got about 3 hours of listening with them.
IMG_20190921_203025.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back