Hifiman TWS600 - First Impression
Aug 22, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #151 of 240
You could try this from a review here.

"Necessary EQ"

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-tws-600.23878/reviews#review-22488

"The TWS 600 loves to be EQ'd and is very receptive to it."

"That ~2k peak can easily be removed and some extra emphasis dialed into the presence region to improve detail through the midrange. While most of my sources don't have extensive EQ'ing options available, the Shanling M0 provides enough to tailor the TWS 600 to my needs.

Dropping 1k by 3dB, 2k by 5db, and a 2db raise at 4k results in a product that is more balanced with just a little kick in the treble that I enjoy. With these changes applied the TWS 600 becomes a product I'll pull out when I want to listen to music"
Thank you...

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #152 of 240
I've had mine for about a week and I'm finding that the right channel is momentarily dropping the audio more frequently. It does not seem to matter what device I use the TWS600 with either.
I could also use it with my Amazon FireTV with no lag at all but now I have great deal of trouble getting it to connect with it. When it does connect I'm getting chattering sound no matter what I try.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #154 of 240
Thank you...

NP. However, each to his own, but I thought it was a bit too much for me and seemed to like it better by halving those eq values.

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #155 of 240
I've had mine for about a week and I'm finding that the right channel is momentarily dropping the audio more frequently. It does not seem to matter what device I use the TWS600 with either.
I could also use it with my Amazon FireTV with no lag at all but now I have great deal of trouble getting it to connect with it. When it does connect I'm getting chattering sound no matter what I try.

I'm having some occasional dropout on the right channel as well. The piece will drop volume and sound a little scrambled for no more than 2 seconds and then recover. It actually happens once on over 50% of my listening sessions. For me, that's liveable. One time, it happened twice, about 15 minutes apart. If it gets worse, as yours has done, I'd have to begin wondering if it's fixable with some kind of hard reboot or if it's a fatal flaw in the particular pair, or even in the product line.

It's definitely something I plan on watching closely over time.

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #156 of 240
I have a loaner pair, and the right side drops out occasionally as well. Maybe one second or less every 10" or so at the worst, other times hardly ever.

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #157 of 240
Today the right side dropped out 3 or 4 times over the course of an hour.

Aug 22, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #159 of 240
I'm having some occasional dropout on the right channel as well. The piece will drop volume and sound a little scrambled for no more than 2 seconds and then recover. It actually happens once on over 50% of my listening sessions. For me, that's liveable. One time, it happened twice, about 15 minutes apart. If it gets worse, as yours has done, I'd have to begin wondering if it's fixable with some kind of hard reboot or if it's a fatal flaw in the particular pair, or even in the product line.

It's definitely something I plan on watching closely over time.
Nope, there's no problem with mine and I've had them for 6 weeks. I suggest sending them back to HiFiMan who will exchange them for you I'm sure

Aug 23, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #160 of 240
Not to be a contrarian but I bought these based on some of the positive reviews on here and returned them after a few days. I know they say to let them burn in which I did but they never got to a point where there was enough bass for my taste, just sounded tinny to me...I really wanted to like them too...

Aug 23, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #161 of 240
I haven't logged much time with the TWS600 but I am really having a difficult time trying to wrap my head around the thought process behind the tuning.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #162 of 240
Sounds about right.
One of the biggest disappointment, in terms of sound. I can take V, W shaped, and even flat sounding but mid-centric ^-shaped sounding is too much for me.

Maybe, i had expected just too much from them :frowning2:

Returned it after a week

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #163 of 240
Sounds about right.
One of the biggest disappointment, in terms of sound. I can take V, W shaped, and even flat sounding but mid-centric ^-shaped sounding is too much for me.

Maybe, i had expected just too much from them :frowning2:

Returned it after a week
I was almost in a state of disbelief and just kept thinking "This can't be right!"

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #164 of 240
The stock tuning is hot in the mids. I think most folks are EQing. That said, I find them okay most of the time. If someone thinks these sound tinny there are a few potential explanations:

1. Bad seal, sucks out bass and makes treble sound thin, easily solved because these come with lots of tips.
2. Listening to cymbal heavy music with bad mastering (eg. Metal). Even aptX screws up cymbals in a really bad way. AAC and SBC really won't cut it.
3. Used to rich, dark signatures

I've never noted them to be particularly tinny, but people can have different perspectives. I understand people wanting more bass, but these aren't lacking, the mids are just way forward of the bass.

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #165 of 240
I was almost in a state of disbelief and just kept thinking "This can't be right!"

That was exactly my reaction until I got them to seal properly. Interestingly I thought I had achieved a good seal before, but like you kept thinking that they could not have possibly tuned them this badly so I kept on trying. Now I'm at the point where even without EQ I am quite satisfied despite the slightly hot upper mids (they just don't sound that hot to me as when I first tried them). This is using a Fiio M11 running Poweramp although with Bluetooth I'm not sure if that matters much.

Maybe it's fair to say that with some people these will never seal properly enough to get to the signature Hifiman was trying to achieve. I think it's also fair to say the signature is such that even with a decent seal they just plain suck for some. The real question is why did Hifiman make them so finicky for a first effort???? If history teaches us anything I suspect they will be out soon with a better sounding revision at a lower price. Never be an early adopter with Hifiman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back