HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #24,586 of 25,604
Anything below the WE 300b is silly really if you are spending that kind of money. Lots of people love the WE's. I have not owned them yet, im an Elrog user and feel no need to stray. But Elrog are above your budget. I wouldnt bother with any below this price. Its worth saving a littl emore towards imo.
Thx, i ll consider that. WE 300b is 1500€ in spain. Less than half of elrog lol.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #24,587 of 25,604
From headphonics
“The Susvara was all about the HA-300MK2 in low or medium impedance mode. It is an articulate, but expansive performer, and for me, the Cayin amp just filled in that massive soundstage that bit better. Again, if you need power and bass energy, go with the Envy. Both are on par for dynamic range and resolution with the Susvara”
I think its about preferences
the envy with upgraded tubes is a treat...the HA-300mk2 is supposed to be quite good as well but i havent heard it...

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #24,588 of 25,604
the elrog and WE are both fantastic...the WE is warmer...has a bigger soundstage and vocals are a bit more forward..the Elrog is tighter bass,perhaps a bit more detailed and more SS like...I wish I could go back and forth between them like I change HP's but I dont want to ruin the amp or tubes so I will do so every so often..I think the Elrog might be better for the susvara and perhaps the WE for the 1266 but that is just me...love them both
Thx. Nice info. It seems l would like the WE300b.

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #24,589 of 25,604
Thx, i ll consider that. WE 300b is 1500€ in spain. Less than half of elrog lol.
May I ask where you found them for 1.5k new in EU? In Germany I pay 1.7k

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #24,591 of 25,604
Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #24,593 of 25,604
Holy smokes, Susvara has been released for 7 years and still super expensive. Hopefully, it'll drop to more affordable price like $2k before the end of this decade.
Open Box at Hifiman 4k, second hand market 3.5k for the newest version and 3k for the old. I think its very competetive considering what you are getting. With right amplification and dac it rivals Aperio and even HE-1.

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #24,594 of 25,604
Holy smokes, Susvara has been released for 7 years and still super expensive. Hopefully, it'll drop to more affordable price like $2k before the end of this decade
I would imagine the price will be stable until something, esp another Hifiman, can replace it.

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #24,595 of 25,604
Holy smokes, Susvara has been released for 7 years and still super expensive. Hopefully, it'll drop to more affordable price like $2k before the end of this decade.
2k?...I suggest you buy a different HP...

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #24,596 of 25,604
You're right ! I actually found an unknown planar to head-fi that has at least similar or better resolution/timbre than the Susvara for less than $2k but just with smaller soundstage. Also much more easier to drive and can be driven from a DAP. So for us average joes, there's hope ! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #24,597 of 25,604
You're right ! I actually found an unknown planar to head-fi that has at least similar or better resolution/timbre than the Susvara for less than $2k but just with smaller soundstage. Also much more easier to drive and can be driven from a DAP. So for us average joes, there's hope ! :beerchug:
Very curious which unknown planar you are talking about hahaa

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #24,598 of 25,604
I started with that amp as well with susvara. You probaly hearing like 75% of what sus can do with that amp
You were right. Maybe even slightly low-balled it. What an exceptional headphone this is.

I heard some things at the end of a favourite song that I've never heard before on a Diana TC or a 1266 TC. I listened to them back to back. Susvara was the only one that made it clear. Even actively listening for the part on DTC or 1266 I could barely make it out. Plus timbre and tone and everything else of course. Exceptional.

Hard to imagine being serious about summit-fi and missing out on Susvara.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #24,599 of 25,604
Few people get Susvara on first listen. You will be back one day and you will realise your mistake :) :) :p :)

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #24,600 of 25,604
Thanks, well thats on me then I guess.

Always amazed how our german retailers rip off the customers.
You're right ! I actually found an unknown planar to head-fi that has at least similar or better resolution/timbre than the Susvara for less than $2k but just with smaller soundstage. Also much more easier to drive and can be driven from a DAP. So for us average joes, there's hope !
If i wouldnt want to spend a lot of money in a chain i will look to erzetich charybidis.
Sorry Leto, i didnt want to reply you. Im still learning how this forum works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back