HiFiMan Susvara
Dec 24, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #22,981 of 25,604
What is ASR?

Affirmation Stress Relief Center?

Dec 24, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #22,982 of 25,604
All the necessary evidence is on the ASR website. Carefully read the reviews, forum, and general site policy on recommended products. The analysis of the information will not lead you to other conclusions.

ASR may recommend $100 equipment and $4,000 equipment with comparable performance. He also may not recommend $1,500-$2,000 equipment with similar “performance” that did not come from a sponsor.
Even ASR followers are sometimes surprised by this logic, but try not to judge, otherwise blocking is guaranteed.

I repeat again, ASR is a business.

Like HF is too... It is normal on internet :) you need to read between the lines...

A site that makes measurements, but leaves the conclusions to the user, looks like this - https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/index.php#gsc.tab=0
Most measurements are accompanied by an explanation that they are not a guaranteed indicator of quality.

Dec 24, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #22,983 of 25,604
How fu***d up would I be, as Sus owner,
if I saw these measurement results...

HIFIMAN SUSVARA Over-Ear Full-Size Planar Magnetic Headphone relative THD Distortion Response .png
HIFIMAN SUSVARA Over-Ear Full-Size Planar Magnetic Headphone Gropu Delay Response Measurement.png

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #22,984 of 25,604

Do you have your earcups on your eyes while listening? - Just curious(joking):joy:

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #22,985 of 25,604

If you listen at 114db, you likely have other things to worry about than cup resonance.

Actually, he doesn't mention what amp he used for what test. Does anyone really think he is getting a clean 114b from a Topping A90? I use a Zähl HM1 and it seems to max out on the volume before 100db.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #22,986 of 25,604
ASR hates Audio-gd and tries to make their false propaganda against the brand by showing the worst possible measurements. With these measurements they are forcing/affirming them to their members.

Here I am sitting and enjoying the music I have not managed to match on any other system at same price range or price classes above.

I am actually happy Susvara has bad measurement, it shows people, that they are looking from a wrong perspective. Approach.

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #22,987 of 25,604
I used to think that these volumes were absolutely irrelevant. It is not so.
Even at a not particularly high AVERAGE volume...

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #22,988 of 25,604
All the necessary evidence is on the ASR website. Carefully read the reviews, forum, and general site policy on recommended products. The analysis of the information will not lead you to other conclusions.

ASR may recommend $100 equipment and $4,000 equipment with comparable performance. He also may not recommend $1,500-$2,000 equipment with similar “performance” that did not come from a sponsor.
Even ASR followers are sometimes surprised by this logic, but try not to judge, otherwise blocking is guaranteed.

I repeat again, ASR is a business.

A site that makes measurements, but leaves the conclusions to the user, looks like this - https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/index.php#gsc.tab=0
Most measurements are accompanied by an explanation that they are not a guaranteed indicator of quality.
No evidence then.

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #22,989 of 25,604
Damn didn't expect this, this is actually really bad for the headphone community, his measurements feels off.
I've always been sceptical for 'objective measurements' of audio equipement. You can't measure soundstage, timbre, transparancy and texture....

The only measurement are my own ears though, guess not everyone likes the sound of the Susvara and that's okay, but no need to hammer it down it's kinda depressing to read.
I believe there is a positive side to even a negative one in this community. ASR is a perfect filter to divide people in different mindsets. Much easier. Imagine all those people in this forum? - phew!

Always a happy side. Thank God that website exist.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #22,990 of 25,604
Tell Amir to measure the beautiful soft delightful texture on the sound. Something I have never heard on other headphones. Well HE400SE reminds me of it.

Tell that man to measure my taste.

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #22,991 of 25,604
It is absolutely not irrelevant. Have you noticed how the soundstage enhances when volume goes up? Something only Susvara does

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #22,993 of 25,604
To get this level of distortion even for a millisecond (coming from the driver, and also the amp, I would assume) you'd need to listen to very dynamic music at a bludgeoning RMS average of 100db. This is very loud. Even a peak at 114dv is extremely loud.

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #22,994 of 25,604
I wouldn't say Susvara is perfect, there are attributes of other TOTL headphones that I like. But it definitely is in the category of absolute best all-round planar. To take something from top-tier performance and put it towards the bottom (same with 1266) seems more like more like fishing for clicks.

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #22,995 of 25,604
I wouldn't say Susvara is perfect, there are attributes of other TOTL headphones that I like. But it definitely is in the category of absolute best all-round planar. To take something from top-tier performance and put it towards the bottom (same with 1266) seems more like more like fishing for clicks.
I would love Abyss if it just were ergonomic enough for my head. Ergonomics in headphone cables and weight plays a important role for me. Thats why I always have the most lightweight cables as possible.

I hope one day they decide to change that headband, and weight( it is 200gr more the Susvara). Not like the Dianas but in same indurstrial design language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back