HiFiMan Susvara
Dec 10, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #22,741 of 25,603
Crucial informations thanks for insight!

To me it sounds like you have a computer/laptop you are trying to make and audiophile environment for your headphones. If I am right PM me about this.

-

I am still learning the Susvaras(over a year). I won´t recommend them to anybody without trying some headphones first. You seem you have tried some, but Susvara is far from a gaming headphone. You will understand if you know the HE400SE.

You know what, Susvara is sometime scary, it does make me feel they are worth 200 dollars. Other time they are a dream.

This is forever gonna haunt you when you buy them
I have a 400se and thought they were amazing value for the money and on-par or punchier than my X2HRs I also used to use for gaming. They broke pretty quickly, though.

I have not tried any of the more expensive mid-fi Hifimen. I wonder if I should order the Edition XS first since they’re down to around $300, just to try, but everyone says my Focal Clears should be much better so not sure if the first impression would be lost on me

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #22,742 of 25,603
I have a 400se and thought they were amazing value for the money and on-par or punchier than my X2HRs I also used to use for gaming. They broke pretty quickly, though.

I have not tried any of the more expensive mid-fi Hifimen. I wonder if I should order the Edition XS first since they’re down to around $300, just to try, but everyone says my Focal Clears should be much better so not sure if the first impression would be lost on me
HE400SE is your only experience?

not even the Sundaras or Arya?

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #22,744 of 25,603
If you do a good EQ HE1000V2 Stealth.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #22,746 of 25,603
Dec 10, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #22,747 of 25,603

To me it sounds like you have a computer/laptop you are trying to make an audiophile environment for your headphones. If I am right PM me about this.

-

I am still learning the Susvaras(over a year). I won´t recommend them to anybody without trying some headphones first. You seem you have tried some, but Susvara is far from a gaming headphone. You will understand if you know the HE400SE.

You know what, Susvara is sometime scary, where it feels they are worth 200 dollars. Other times they are a dream.

they have never sounded worth 200 dollars to me for sure

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #22,748 of 25,603

To me it sounds like you have a computer/laptop you are trying to make an audiophile environment for your headphones. If I am right PM me about this.

-

You know what, Susvara is sometime scary, where it feels they are worth 200 dollars. Other times they are a dream.

What makes you say they feel like 200 dollars sometimes? Is it the build quality or their pairing with certain amps maybe?

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #22,751 of 25,603
What makes you say they feel like 200 dollars sometimes? Is it the build quality or their pairing with certain amps maybe?
Rephrase: It is just the music, I have wide range, and some is really bad mastered that Susvara comes out dull amd cheaper in sound vs when it is amazing

Dec 11, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #22,752 of 25,603
Rephrase: It is just the music, I have wide range, and some is really bad mastered that Susvara comes out dull amd cheaper in sound vs when it is amazing
If poorly-mastered music is important for you, I'd kindly suggest that the Susvara is not the best for your use case. Unless you have enough well-mastered music as well.

The thing I love about the Susvara is how well it lets me hear every detail of well-recorded music.

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #22,753 of 25,603
If poorly-mastered music is important for you, I'd kindly suggest that the Susvara is not the best for your use case. Unless you have enough well-mastered music as well.

The thing I love about the Susvara is how well it lets me hear every detail of well-recorded music.
HE400SE takes care of those👍

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #22,754 of 25,603
I’d say if the conditions of the used Susvara is good, then just go for it.

Susvara sound better with nicer amps but it’s not like it’s unlistenable without them. I had a month where I powered the Susvara out of my DX300 MAX before I got my hands on my current desktop setup, I still enjoyed every minute of it. I will pick the 23R over it basically every time, but the Susvara will still sound amazing with most amps.

As for the music choices, I don’t think Susvara is that picky with the music choices either. Of course you still want well mastered music for it, but compared to other headphones, say Empyrean 2 or some of the LCDs, Susvara is plenty forgiving on the music choice. I rarely encounter music that sounds terrible on it.

The most 200 dollar thing about the Susvara is the cable. For the rest, don’t worry too much about it. Those are for you to worry later 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back