HiFiMan Susvara
May 4, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #21,076 of 25,603
don't need to spend over 8k for an amp for the susvara that is ridiculous
Agree, one doesn’t have to spend that amount of money but if that misconception is still alive and kicking in this thread even after more than 21 000 posts….maybe it’s true! Irony off!

May 4, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #21,078 of 25,603
May 4, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #21,079 of 25,603
...with Susvara there is no ending in spending money :)
This is awkwardly true regarding earpads. I will be reaching my 8th pair soon. Even 3rd party earpads have been breaking down to me. Aaargh! I hate it (especially after the warranty period). I am starting to believe it is me - I must be somehow toxic for the glue the pads are attached with.

May 4, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #21,080 of 25,603
This is awkwardly true regarding earpads. I will be reaching my 8th pair soon. Even 3rd party earpads have been breaking down to me. Aaargh! I hate it (especially after the warranty period). I am starting to believe it is me - I must be somehow toxic for the glue the pads are attached with.
Still on my first pair of pads but have a spare set just in case. 🤣🤣

May 4, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #21,081 of 25,603
Agree, one doesn’t have to spend that amount of money but if that misconception is still alive and kicking in this thread even after more than 21 000 posts….maybe it’s true! Irony off!
I own the CFA3 which one can get used for under 3k and it is marvelous...the new Bliss gets good reviews and is also far less than 8 k etc

May 4, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #21,082 of 25,603
People seem to forget that the HEX series were the top of the food chain until the Susvara release. They aren’t no slouch. If you don’t have the power or current to drive the Susvaras, you will be perfectly happy with the HEX series. They can be endgame for a lot of people. I still have my HEXSEs for when I want to listen on the patio using my Hugo 2/ Mojo 2. They sound amazing on either one.
Fyi: (to prevent potential confusion)
K=1000
HE1000 = HEK

as there was an hex and hexv2
https://headfonics.com/the-edition-x-v2-by-hifiman/

May 4, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #21,085 of 25,603
Any Susvara pad rollers out there?

My originals started splitting and foam popping out. Ordered a couple the Elite perforated lambskin, and Elite velour pads from Dekoni.

Both seem to sound great, might need more time and songs to see if I can discern any difference.

To complete the trifecta, was considering buying the Elite hybrid Dekoni pads too.

Anyone try any of these? Can share their experience?

May 4, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #21,086 of 25,603
Jist

My originals started splitting and foam popping out. Ordered a couple the Elite perforated lambskin, and Elite velour pads from Dekoni.

Both seem to sound great, might need more time and songs to see if I can discern any difference.

To complete the trifecta, was considering buying the Elite hybrid Dekoni pads too.

just put dekoni in the search bar as there was some chat about it last year/early this year and not much recently

from memory the dekoni options did not take off with most who tried them

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #21,087 of 25,603

To me, this happened a couple of times with the original pads and Dekoni (Fenestrated) that are glued similarly to the originals, so do not expect any miracles. Are there any Susvara pads with better construction, i.e. not glued?

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #21,088 of 25,603
double post, sorry

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #21,089 of 25,603
@thecrow -or anyone- sorry if I ask again as you might have had all hekse hekv2 and Susvara , as well as most people here possibly ,
could you describe differences or tell which one is the most similar ?

Did you - or anyone - use Susvara on portable -transportable use ?
If yes, what equipment ?

Thanks , appreciated .

What I miss the most with the V2 is sense of air , separation and precision ; I am not overly impressed by the stage as it lacks sense of air and I find it a bit diffused -or bloated ( not precise ) , they are still burning but I feel them more fatiguing the hekse if for hours - long sessions .
@Slim1970 ( answering you question ) as for bloated I mean that it could be more precise and have less diffusion on some parts of the freq (> that is part of instruments , or definition of some instruments > think of classical , space of an instrument in regards to the whole space could be more defined , or more confined i.e. in a quartet if in regards to the others' that are playing with -instead of fused togheter .

What I miss with hekse is right timbre ( just an example for voices timber usually lacks body or sound very slightly hazed ) if I had this they would be perfect in their' own regard , I wonder if anything can be done since this depends so largely of the speed of response of the drivers ( fastest I've ever heard ) that somewhat eat decay

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #21,090 of 25,603
I'm starting to get worried about the lifespan of my Susvara pads from reading comments. I realize it will vary, but how long have you all gone with pads, if you had them brand new?
I'm assuming I can get direct from Hifiman...
And what's with the glue? Are they difficult to take off? Difficult to put new ones back on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back