HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 22, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #18,106 of 26,386
Sep 24, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #18,109 of 26,386
After two months of intensive use, I am still amazed how tonally and timbrally accurate Susvara can be with ZMF Auteur Solid Hybrids. These are my endgame earpads for the Hifimans.

SX3ctnK.jpg
6 months later, despite extensively demoing competitors such us AB-1266 Phi TC, LCD-5 or Stealth... nothing really changed.

Susvara with the pads is just timeless.

P.S.: Deva Pro with Eikon Hybrid pads (no dust covers) yield similarly versatile sonic experience in a wireless fashion.

Sep 24, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #18,110 of 26,386
Hi. I can’t decide on which to choose between he1000v2 and Susvara. I’ve tried both, I have a moon neo 430had. It’s the one with integrated dac option.

Will the 430had drive Susvara to its full potential? It drives the hekv2 to its fullest.

I also have hd800s and lcd4. Both eq’ed. both sound really good with the 430had. What do I get with the susvara or he1000v2 that lcd4 and hd800s doesn’t have? :)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #18,111 of 26,386
Hi. I can’t decide on which to choose between he1000v2 and Susvara. I’ve tried both, I have a moon neo 430had. It’s the one with integrated dac option.

Will the 430had drive Susvara to its full potential? It drives the hekv2 to its fullest.
The HE1Kse is a fairly easy headphone to drive. Just checked out the specs on the Moon Neo 430HA, 8W at 50ohms would power the Susvara beautifully. If you have the funds, I'd go Susvara all day. It's more detailed than the HE1Kse without the treble glair.

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #18,112 of 26,386
The HE1Kse is a fairly easy headphone to drive. Just checked out the specs on the Moon Neo 430HA, 8W at 50ohms would power the Susvara beautifully. If you have the funds, I'd go Susvara all day. It's more detailed than the HE1Kse without the treble glair.
Thanks, nice to know. It was the he1000v2 im considering, not the SE :)

Sep 24, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #18,113 of 26,386

I also have hd800s and lcd4. Both eq’ed. both sound really good with the 430had. What do I get with the susvara or he1000v2 that lcd4 and hd800s doesn’t have? :)

When I think about your question, an entire, nuanced decision tree unfolds in my minds eye...

It sounds like you're quite happy with your current setup (which is a great situation to be in!!).

I think it's almost a toss-up. I really like the HEK2, but haven't had one in a few years. If I had one now, my sense is that I would enjoy it equally to the Sussy Baka, technicalities be damned.

Also, choosing the Susvara means being continously tempted into go down the amp rabbit hole, which can be super-fun but also not completely necessary, depending on one's predisposition, evolving preferences, wallet, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #18,114 of 26,386

Your amp, as already mention, is plenty powerful so that shouldn’t be an issue.

However, the most important clue is your own input to us - you’ve tried both and can’t decide which. We all have and love the Susvara so that would be our pre disposition. But the most important element is your own ears and perceptions. If you don’t perceive a difference, save the money (and complexities) associated with the Susvara and go a simpler path.

In short, follow your ears..😊

Sep 24, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #18,115 of 26,386
Your amp, as already mention, is plenty powerful so that shouldn’t be an issue.

However, the most important clue is your own input to us - you’ve tried both and can’t decide which. We all have and love the Susvara so that would be our pre disposition. But the most important element is your own ears and perceptions. If you don’t perceive a difference, save the money (and complexities) associated with the Susvara and go a simpler path.

In short, follow your ears..😊
I do hear the difference, I’m just not sure if I should spend $2000 or $6000 if I go hekv2 I probably will go susvara later on so maybe it’s just better to go susvara right away 😊

Sep 24, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #18,116 of 26,386

I would say your amp is pretty powerfull for Susvara. 8watt/50ohms right? Thats a lot of power. I jumped straight to Susvara from AryaV2. Give Susvara a chance, I was pretty dissapointed because my brain was tuned to the Aryas. After a while I started to realise how wide the imagine was in the mids. Arya is still the best money can buy imo, even though Susvara sound better.

Sep 24, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #18,117 of 26,386
I do hear the difference, I’m just not sure if I should spend $2000 or $6000 if I go hekv2 I probably will go susvara later on so maybe it’s just better to go susvara right away 😊
Ahh sorry I misunderstood you

Then yes, bypass the inevitable upgraditis and just go there to start. Your amp is great to start (or end). And no one pays 6k for the Susvara (4k for open box or barely used like-new one)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #18,118 of 26,386
6 months later, despite extensively demoing competitors such us AB-1266 Phi TC, LCD-5 or Stealth... nothing really changed.
I have come to accept that Susvara is the staple diet.

I have owned a few cans to supplement the Susvara and demo’d almost all totls having upgraditis at the back of my mind. I get excitement for new toy acquisitions that I’d think was better than the Sus but I always go back to the Susvara as my main pair whenever the new toy excitement wears out. So it’s always so far been only a rotation of cans that supplement the Susvara and if I hear something that I think is better than the Susvara, I would have to doubt myself first lol.

Sep 25, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #18,119 of 26,386

Susvara with the pads is just timeless.

P.S.: Deva Pro with Eikon Hybrid pads (no dust covers) yield similarly versatile sonic experience in a wireless fashion.
I agree, those pads take the Susvara to higher levels, it sounds even more natural and impactful, dessert island headphones!

Sep 25, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #18,120 of 26,386

430HAD will not unleash Susvara full potential but will still make Susvara sound better than HE1000v2.

With Susvara you get better and more holographic soundstage, clearly better transparency and last but not least a very natural tonality from top to bottom compared to LCD4. LCD4 has more and stronger bas as well as a fuller and creamer overall sound. Am not a fan of HD800 and find it to sound rather artificiell and lean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back