HiFiMan Susvara
Aug 13, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #17,371 of 25,658
Riviera AIC-10 and also Bel Canto Class D amps I’ve been using the 300S until I got my riviera. Bel Canto has a small footprint, fits on a desk with ease and very musical.

I've heard the Riviera AIC-10 with the Susvara and it's outstanding.

I own the Auris Nirvana, so I'm obviously biased, but I love it with the Susvara; though I use it mostly these days with my other headphones (and my speaker amp with the Susvara).

I'd say that if one were focused purely on the Susvara, the AIC-10 would be superior, but at more than double the (already high) price, it must.

But for dynamic drivers, like ZMF headphones, the Nirvana sounds better to me.

That said I'd put the new Wells audio Headtrip Level III + Commander Level III (a $33,000 price tag combined) is the best I've heard the Susvara (at CanJam Chicago), a mere cost of nearly 3 AIC-10s.... :) :) :)

Aug 13, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #17,372 of 25,658
As much as I want to own Susvara, this amp pairing is holding me back. My gear are tuned for ZMF and Sennheiser. I have ECP DSHA3F and Bottlehead Mainline and both are perfect for dynamic drivers but I’m not sure about Susvara. Will bottlehead Mainline suffice for Susvara?

Aug 13, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #17,373 of 25,658
As much as I want to own Susvara, this amp pairing is holding me back. My gear are tuned for ZMF and Sennheiser. I have ECP DSHA3F and Bottlehead Mainline and both are perfect for dynamic drivers but I’m not sure about Susvara. Will bottlehead Mainline suffice for Susvara?
Nope

Aug 14, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #17,374 of 25,658
what do you guys use as a carry case for Susvara when travelling? Looking for one that’s compact but with good protection. Thanks!

Aug 14, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #17,375 of 25,658
Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #17,376 of 25,658
what do you guys use as a carry case for Susvara when travelling? Looking for one that’s compact but with good protection. Thanks!
I got those big seahorses cases, but when the day came to travel to CanJam Chicago, I used the carrying case I got with the Kennerton Thekk. It’s small, soft, very protective, and fits the Susvara very well with room for a couple of cables in protected inside pockets. If you through this inside your backpack or carryon it’s perfect.

Not sure if sold as standalone but I’m sure easy to check

Aug 14, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #17,377 of 25,658
Aug 14, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #17,378 of 25,658
If you go to the top of the page, and use the search bar there to search inside the thread you'll get quite a few hits for various options.

This is the one that caught my attention, but there are several others.
https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dekoni-audio-x-skb-headphone-hero-heavy-duty-travel-case/
I have this and it’s very good. But I haven’t used it as it’s overkill vs the other option I listed above. But as a stand-alone carrying case this is a great option.

Aug 14, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #17,379 of 25,658
guys, just to share my bloody lesson i learntof under budgeting.
so i sold my odin with some exotic custom cable and M17 and purchased a susvara. now next step is the amp, after reading so many pages of this thread and youtube videos,it was down to ahb2 or an audio gd master 2A at twice of the price of a used ahb2. and i went the master 2A dual mono. which emptied my wallet after getting another custom cable made for susvara. i still have the old cayin N8 modded and thought i could do cayin n8 line out to xlr into master 2A but i certainly overlooked. the N8 could not do volume adjustable line out. so i fear the 150W pure Class A @8omh will blow up the sussy.

it was my plan to use cayin N8 dap as an interim before i save up quite a few months to upgrade to a denafrips terminator plus with a preamp. and now i am forced to overbudget to spent on a preamp and an additional otherwise i either risk blowing the suzzy with just line out of a dap or just let master 2A eat dust till i save up enough or double amping using headphone out to xlr on master 2A,which i donteven know if thats going to work...

in the end i just pulled trigger on a gold point stepped attenuator as a compromise... totally blown my budget...one probably need at least 2x price of sussy as the budget to drive it properly...maybe 3x....

Fiio M17 with AC couldnt do justice. neither could romi mod cayin n8, just sounded awful....

and now i have to wait till the gold point to arrive while watching these two sitting....
20220813_180528.jpg

and how is this cable?a bit underwhelming when using daps to drive but again it could just be tue dap as bottleneck...i am yet to try this cable on speak amp. believe its copper silver and gold mix.
20220813_222447.jpg

Aug 14, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #17,380 of 25,658
@Pashmeister , I completely read over where you mentioned you were looking for a compact solution. As @goldwerger pointed out my input was complete overkill, my bad. Hopefully you've got some other ideas now - have a great rest of weekend!

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #17,381 of 25,658
Guys I am just listening with the Susvara again with TT2/SE. In comparison with Arya. Arya is much brighter right?

I have the feeling that Susvara is emphasized everything between midlow and mid. It does not sound bright as Arya.

I need somebody to confirm :)

Aug 14, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #17,382 of 25,658
Guys I am just listening with the Susvara again with TT2/SE. In comparison with Arya. Arya is much brighter right?

I have the feeling that Susvara is emphasized everything between midlow and mid. It does not sound bright as Arya.

I need somebody to confirm :)
Yes Arya is definetley bright, My V2 is anyway. I haven't tried Arya Stealth but read it's much less brighter.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #17,383 of 25,658
Yes Arya is definetley bright, My V2 is anyway. I haven't tried Arya Stealth but read it's much less brighter.
Ok cool thanks I have the V2 also. I am wondering how long it will take for the Susvaras to burn-in.

Arya is a little more comfortable. I feel I need thicker pads for the Susvara, my ears are toucing the fabric.

Aug 14, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #17,384 of 25,658
Ok cool thanks I have the V2 also. I am wondering how long it will take for the Susvaras to burn-in.

Arya is a little more comfortable. I feel I need thicker pads for the Susvara, my ears are toucing the fabric.
Hifiman recommends 150 hours burn in for all their headphones

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #17,385 of 25,658
Hifiman recommends 150 hours burn in for all their headphones

My brains is wired to the Aryas right now, I need to rewire. It will take a while....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back