HiFiMan Susvara
Aug 15, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #17,401 of 25,604
Thank you all for helping me understand the Susvara.

(Im ONLY using it on TT2/SE)

Maybe its the TT2 that has a tune thats not for Susvara?

Im going to compare it today later after work.
TT2/SE is a big disservice. I know, I had started my Susvara journey with a TT2 first, and then realized how much I was missing after using a power amp. I’m back to primarily headphone amps that perform just as well as power amps and so much better than TT2 alone.

Aug 15, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #17,402 of 25,604
TT2/SE is a big disservice. I know, I had started my Susvara journey with a TT2 first, and then realized how much I was missing after using a power amp. I’m back to primarily headphone amps that perform just as well as power amps and so much better than TT2 alone.
I think this TT2 has a signature that does something about the mids and the crispy highs, some do call it dry.

So you experience a better performing Susvara after you added an amp after the TT2/XLR?

Is it the Soloist 3X GT?

Aug 15, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #17,403 of 25,604
I think this TT2 has a signature that does something about the mids and the crispy highs, some do call it dry.

So you experience a better performing Susvara after you added an amp after the TT2/XLR?

Is it the Soloist 3X GT?
Yes; all power amps I’ve tried are better than TT2/XLR. Other headphone amps also sound better than just TT2 (Ferrum stack, Bakoon/Enleum, and Soloist GT are some of them). I think everyone on this forum would agree, with the extensive amp discussion in the thread, including some historical TT2 discussions that you may also go back to

Aug 15, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #17,404 of 25,604
Yes; all power amps I’ve tried are better than TT2/XLR. Other headphone amps also sound better than just TT2 (Ferrum stack, Bakoon/Enleum, and Soloist GT are some of them). I think everyone on this forum would agree, with the extensive amp discussion in the thread, including some historical TT2 discussions that you may also go back to
Its just that my Arya sounds like heaven on the TT2. Susvara should atleast give the same "vibe" but it doesnt.

Actually the iFi Diablo sounded better(initial impression) than TT2 with Susvara.

Aug 15, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #17,405 of 25,604
Its just that my Arya sounds like heaven on the TT2. Susvara should atleast give the same "vibe" but it doesnt.

Actually the iFi Diablo sounded better(initial impression) than TT2 with Susvara.
We’ve been telling this to you over hundreds of posts

You can listen and take the advice, or convince yourself it’s unnecessary and don’t

But no point repeating this

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #17,406 of 25,604

You can listen and take the advice, or convince yourself it’s unnecessary and don’t

But not point repeating this
Thanks, thats what I am going to do now. Buy a serious amp.

Would Flux FA-10 be sufficient enough?

Aug 15, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #17,408 of 25,604
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #17,409 of 25,604
Anyone tried the nice Meze Liric upgrade cables with the Susvara?

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #17,410 of 25,604
about 2500 dollars
just a thought - depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go - is that $2500 plus whatever you get for the tt2 if you sell it?

if so, then that gets you to $6k or so and you can get one serious amp that would suit you with everything (for me that is the niimbus, for others it could well be another amp). But that is ONLY if you want to pour that much into an amp for the susvaras (plus everything else). And of course that is ONLY if you start really enjoying the susvaras - that’s all subjective and great IF you can demo gear. Side note: i bought the niimbus blind due to a review here and due to the fact i already loved the susvaras

IF you decide to not to keep the susvaras or not pout that much money in then the tt2 is, IMHO, a very worthwhile and value for money dac/amp for a LOT of headphones (as you found with the Arya.

it‘s a crazy hobby that can “do our heads in” sometimes

all the best

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #17,411 of 25,604
Anyone tried the nice Meze Liric upgrade cables with the Susvara?
Are they the same as the empyreans upgrade cables (ie one set of meze cables) - i would guess so but not 100% sure

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #17,412 of 25,604
Are they the same as the empyreans upgrade cables (ie one set of meze cables) - i would guess so but not 100% sure
Yeah, same as the Empyrean upgrade cables except the Liric upgrade cables are 3.5mm. I recall really liking the look and feel and sound of the Empyrean upgrades when I had them then I just realized the Liric premium upgrade cables would seem to be excellent Susvara cables too.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #17,413 of 25,604
just a thought - depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go - is that $2500 plus whatever you get for the tt2 if you sell it?

if so, then that gets you to $6k or so and you can get one serious amp that would suit you with everything (for me that is the niimbus, for others it could well be another amp). But that is ONLY if you want to pour that much into an amp for the susvaras (plus everything else). And of course that is ONLY if you start really enjoying the susvaras - that’s all subjective and great IF you can demo gear. Side note: i bought the niimbus blind due to a review here and due to the fact i already loved the susvaras

IF you decide to not to keep the susvaras or not pout that much money in then the tt2 is, IMHO, a very worthwhile and value for money dac/amp for a LOT of headphones (as you found with the Arya.

it‘s a crazy hobby that can “do our heads in” sometimes

all the best
I really really like the TT2 with Arya. Like match made in heaven. But Susvara for some reason has this "chamber" sound in the mids, nice sound but I dont hear the highs near the Arya. Trumpets are just better on Susvara no comparison. But overall Arya feels like the best buy. These Arya does have alot of hours of burn-in, and I can hear they are more stable now in the sound.

My hifi dealer recommended me the Niimbus US 5 Pro, its a little cheaper than Enleum. What do you have in mind? ... niimbus us 5?

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #17,414 of 25,604

But no point repeating this
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them buy the amp we keep recommending for the Susvara.

Just get the OOR/GT/Signature as a head amp, or the AHB2 / Hypex as a power amp. That's the starting point. Not a flux, not a topping, not a TT2, not a weak head amp.

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #17,415 of 25,604
I really really like the TT2 with Arya. Like match made in heaven. But Susvara for some reason has this "chamber" sound in the mids, nice sound but I dont hear the highs near the Arya. Trumpets are just better on Susvara no comparison. But overall Arya feels like the best buy. These Arya does have alot of hours of burn-in, and I can hear they are more stable now in the sound.

My hifi dealer recommended me the Niimbus US 5 Pro, its a little cheaper than Enleum. What do you have in mind? ... niimbus us 5?
I bought the us4 over the 4 pro only because my budget was already stretched going with the 4.
if i had my time again i might have gone the 4 pro but i am happy with the 4

here’s the differences https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nii...s-by-lake-people.876018/page-54#post-16504828

for me (again) the niimbus is great with susvaras and i have no need for any other solid state amp but probably a bit of overkill if you are needing that much power.

at the end of the day me buying the susvaras and niimbus was pure indulgence because i was lucky enough to be in a position to buy them a couple of years ago. And i have not heard anything better that has caused me to change my set up.

But we have hit the point of diminishing returns as we approach the susvaras and relative amps - hence why i find it an indulgence and (luckily) my only one

and as I keep saying - this hobby is all subjective

ps i find the susvaras to have a great openness/airiness in the upper end ()not excessively) that i really enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back