HiFiMan Susvara
Aug 15, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #17,416 of 25,607
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them buy the amp we keep recommending for the Susvara.

Just get the OOR/GT/Signature as a head amp, or the AHB2 / Hypex as a power amp. That's the starting point. Not a flux, not a topping, not a TT2, not a weak head amp.
Ferrum Audio does seems most appealing, how about there service?

I am thinking of the Burson 3X Soloist or OOR/HYPSOS when I have more money at the end of month. Or is Niimbus US 5 Pro is clearly better?

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #17,417 of 25,607
I bought the us4 over the 4 pro only because my budget was already stretched going with the 4.
if i had my time again i might have gone the 4 pro but i am happy with the 4

here’s the differences https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nii...s-by-lake-people.876018/page-54#post-16504828

for me (again) the niimbus is great with susvaras and i have no need for any other solid state amp but probably a bit of overkill if you are needing that much power.

at the end of the day me buying the susvaras and niimbus was pure indulgence because i was lucky enough to be in a position to buy them a couple of years ago. And i have not heard anything better that has caused me to change my set up.

But we have hit the point of diminishing returns as we approach the susvaras and relative amps - hence why i find it an indulgence and (luckily) my only one

and as I keep saying - this hobby is all subjective

ps i find the susvaras to have a great openness/airiness in the upper end ()not excessively) that i really enjoy
Thank you it does look like a powerhouse this amp. Maybe this is first world problem but the remote control looks pretty cheap, doesn´t it?

Not trying to find excuses here I know Ferrum does not include one, but for that price it should atleast be decent.

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #17,418 of 25,607
To the speaker/power amp guys: Do you use attenuators in between susvara and speaker amp?

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #17,419 of 25,607
Aug 15, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #17,420 of 25,607
Thank you it does look like a powerhouse this amp. Maybe this is first world problem but the remote control looks pretty cheap, doesn´t it?

Not trying to find excuses here I know Ferrum does not include one, but for that price it should atleast be decent.
seriously?
we obviously look at things differently ….and I’m tired tonight

i haven’t even looked at the remote as my attenuator is not motorised.
i just lean forward to turn the knob as i only use it for headphones

all the best with finding the right amp (if you stick with the the susvaras).……. and the right remote

there are 17000 posts before this one and some of them should help

:)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #17,421 of 25,607
1660567616924.png

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #17,422 of 25,607
Aug 15, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #17,423 of 25,607
Maybe this is first world problem but the remote control looks pretty cheap, doesn´t it?
I'm a Niimbus US 5 Pro owner. Thought I'd respond to this. The remote is metal - aluminum, I think. The button pad is some kind of membrane. To me, it does not have a cheap feel to it. It's fairly light in weight, but quite nice and appropriate to the device it controls.

Aug 15, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #17,424 of 25,607
I'm a Niimbus US 5 Pro owner. Thought I'd respond to this. The remote is metal - aluminum, I think. The button pad is some kind of membrane. To me, it does not have a cheap feel to it. It's fairly light in weight, but quite nice and appropriate to the device it controls.
Thanks for the info. I am trying to manage a buy to see if I can afford it. @thecrow is right the amp is not far away when I have headphones on so remote should not matter that much.

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #17,425 of 25,607
Thanks for the info. I am trying to manage a buy to see if I can afford it. @thecrow is right the amp is not far away when I have headphones on so remote should not matter that much.
I had my eye on the Niimbus since it was launched, but didn't buy it until I found a used one for sale locally just last month. Sonic performance is excellent, but I really like the look-and-feel of it. Heavy, but low-profile chassis. Large, silky-smooth volume knob. Plus balanced XLR preamp outputs to feed my Genelec desktop speakers. I will most likely get a Susvara eventually, and I think the Niimbus will turn out to be a good choice for a solid-state headphone (not speaker) amp.

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #17,426 of 25,607
To the speaker/power amp guys: Do you use attenuators in between susvara and speaker amp?
yes u need one if u r not using a preamp...i was literally in this same situation last week.
thought my dap can do volume adjusted line out to my dualmono so spent heck of amount to customise a cable only to find out the volmune adjustment when in line out mode is fake,didnt change the volume at all. thats a serious bug from cayin n8. while i cant afford a decent active preamp after throwing 4k+ on the dual mono and 2k+ on the cable. i had to settle a passive one Golden Sound suggested in his youtube review.

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #17,427 of 25,607
I had my eye on the Niimbus since it was launched, but didn't buy it until I found a used one for sale locally just last month. Sonic performance is excellent, but I really like the look-and-feel of it. Heavy, but low-profile chassis. Large, silky-smooth volume knob. Plus balanced XLR preamp outputs to feed my Genelec desktop speakers. I will most likely get a Susvara eventually, and I think the Niimbus will turn out to be a good choice for a solid-state headphone (not speaker) amp.
Ok that sounds cool. I am also thinking of combining it with a speaker solution(later on)

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #17,428 of 25,607
Where did you get that cradle headphone stand the Susvaras are on? It’s pretty cool

Edit: It looks like the pic is from a video, so it might not be your equipment. If that’s the case, please disregard.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #17,429 of 25,607
Where did you get that cradle headphone stand the Susvaras are on? It’s pretty cool
Sorry its a thumbnail from a youtube video. Its not me :)

LINK:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back