HiFiMan Susvara
Aug 6, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #17,132 of 25,657
Once u got the diablo...power is not the issue but quality of signal chain.
For music, gaming and movies. This DAC/AMP is amazing. I would say it can power more hungry HP than Arya….but not much over Arya

Aug 6, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #17,133 of 25,657
For music, gaming and movies. This DAC/AMP is amazing. I would say it can power more hungry HP than Arya….but not much over Arya
Even ifi HP calculator says low gain is good to get it loud up to 104dB. The 'headroom' is never used or helpful over that. Pc are noisy system so it's more about the transport than the lack of power.

Aug 6, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #17,134 of 25,657
Even ifi HP calculator says low gain is good to get it loud up to 104dB. The 'headroom' is never used or helpful over that. Pc are noisy system so it's more about the transport than the lack of power.
Why don't you try this Allo amp with your Susvara, may be you may find it better then Diablo?!

Aug 6, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #17,136 of 25,657
Oooo yeah

Attachments

• 7223B3A4-6B60-48D7-AD4B-2181649519EA.jpeg
    7223B3A4-6B60-48D7-AD4B-2181649519EA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Aug 6, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #17,138 of 25,657
hey guys a question if i have a power amp that has both banana head and xlr pair. which one should i go for for sussy?
I would use the banana binding posts if you are talking about 3 pin XLR. If it has a 4 pin XLR made for headphones it will be as good as the banana binding posts.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #17,142 of 25,657
To all in this thread that have help me I thank you all. Now I finally know if my Diablo is powerful enough.

Short answer is YES!

My ear tolerance level is Turbo at 1-2 o clock. 12 oclock again is comfortable.

First impressions.
But sound quality the first 10minutes. Not as bright with Arya, a little better lowend. I guess I have the same problem I had with Arya. After buying Forza Audioworks cable it opened the soundstage more.

It feels like these stock cables from HifiMAN sounds centered and warmer. I like bright and wide, so I guess TT2 was a great choise for the Susvara after all.

I switched to Forza Audioworks, it does feel a little seperated/spacious. The Music feels more in the head vs Arya which has much more soundstage.....hmmm its like it has a certain Susvara box(room).

This is interesting. Susvara sounds like it owns the music...or laidback as I hear alot. Relaxed. "Bring the music, its easy"

I hear I see this Susvara room, the box, the soundstage. It puts me in this room. I hear the vintage, I hear the organic sound, there is a certain signature. I think I will be able to tell them in a blindtest.

...But the Susvara catch me by surprise on certain tracks. It is 100% different than Arya. 1000%.

Back to iFi Diablo. Now I understand that the treble "harshness/distortion" or this attempt to sound warm kinda thing(mid-high)...is not Diablo, its the Arya. Diablo only needs to find the sweetspot(volume imbalance) on the volume knob.

Diablo sounds amazing, even on Turbo/SE. Damn what to expect with 4.4 balanced. WOW!...Forza Audioworks(Claire Mk2) ordered for this.

Thank you all! They are very close to what I expected = Goosebumps!

EDIT: This stock cables are an embarrasement. I rather se no included cable. Its a scar to see these "waterhoes" "tubes"

I always touch the diablo to see if it gets warm. It never does with Arya, but with Susvara ooo yeah! So I see the discussion now about power, it needs alot of headroom of power to keep cold as with Arya.

EDIT2:
Switched back to Arya. Yeah I don´t hear that "room", it sounds uncontrolled, has that harsness/distortion to them. Susvara is like I hear the movement of the musicians arm, 'I feel like I am sitting and hear them play in the same room.

Its like the vibe from the Akai MPC60, the vintage sound, the swing. Susvara does something good its still hard to tell from my 1hour of listening(burn-in)

The Arya V2 sounds generic. Susvara sounds like Susvara....I don´t know how to say this, even thoug I still like the Arya v2...oh and the diablo is cold as ice with arya on turbo

The lowend on Arya sound more "powdered sugar" rounded of. The Sus is more creamy/thick

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #17,143 of 25,657
To all in this thread that have help me I thank you all. Now I finally know if my Diablo is powerful enough.

Short answer is YES!

My ear tolerance level is Turbo at 1-2 o clock. 12 oclock again is comfortable.

First impressions.
But sound quality the first 10minutes. Not as bright with Arya, a little better lowend. I guess I have the same problem I had with Arya. After buying Forza Audioworks cable it opened the soundstage more.

It feels like these stock cables from HifiMAN sounds centered and warmer. I like bright and wide, so I guess TT2 was a great choise for the Susvara after all.

I switched to Forza Audioworks, it does feel a little seperated/spacious. The Music feels more in the head vs Arya which has much more soundstage.....hmmm its like it has a certain Susvara box(room).

This is interesting. Susvara sounds like it owns the music...or laidback as I hear alot. Relaxed. "Bring the music, its easy"

I hear I see this Susvara room, the box, the soundstage. It puts me in this room. I hear the vintage, I hear the organic sound, there is a certain signature. I think I will be able to tell them in a blindtest.

...But the Susvara catch me by surprise on certain tracks. It is 100% different than Arya. 1000%.

Back to iFi Diablo. Now I understand that the treble "harshness/distortion" or this attempt to sound warm kinda thing(mid-high)...is not Diablo, its the Arya. Diablo only needs to find the sweetspot(volume imbalance) on the volume knob.

Diablo sounds amazing, even on Turbo/SE. Damn what to expect with 4.4 balanced. WOW!...Forza Audioworks(Claire Mk2) ordered for this.

Thank you all! They are very close to what I expected = Goosebumps!

EDIT: This stock cables are an embarrasement. I rather se no included cable. Its a scar to see these "waterhoes" "tubes"

I always touch the diablo to see if it gets warm. It never does with Arya, but with Susvara ooo yeah! So I see the discussion now about power, it needs alot of headroom of power to keep cold as with Arya.
How many times do we have to remind people that loud enough =/= properly powered. My RME gets to ear bleeding levels with the susvara, but it sounds like crap compared to a powerful headphone amp.

Under no circumstance should the arya have a larger soundstage than the susvara; if it does, you are not properly amped.

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #17,144 of 25,657
How many times do we have to remind people that loud enough =/= properly powered. My RME gets to ear bleeding levels with the susvara, but it sounds like crap compared to a powerful headphone amp.

Under no circumstance should the arya have a larger soundstage than the susvara; if it does, you are not properly amped.
Is Ferrum Orr enough?

My RME is crap compared to my Diablo

About the soundstage, it feels like the Arya doesnt have this "box/room" I get from Susvara(in a good way)

I am gonna buy it and come back to this thread and tell you what I hear :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #17,145 of 25,657

Arya V2 sounds bigger than susvara. No amount of amp rolling susvara will change that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back