HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 29, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #12,646 of 25,674
I respect those who use speaker amps..I guess my bakoon 13r is a speaker amp but also made for HP's...but...this story above is why I am uncomfortable with the speaker amp process
I had some guts to use speaker amps while being a noob because of warranty. It’s good to have the hifiman box / zynsonix box to go with the speaker amps for added peace of mind. I just found the sonic improvements with a power amp to be worth it. That said, hp amp technology is advancing and there’s plenty more accessible options now for those of us not willing to spend Bakoon money for an hp amp. My own Burson Soloist GT is arriving this week, a proper Susvara/TC hp amp.

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #12,647 of 25,674
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a Susvara again soon and am planning to change to a different amp and dac set up. I'm currently leaning toward a TT2 using it as an all in one.

I have a budget of around $4-$5k and wondered it any of you had any other recomendations I should consider before pulling the trigger? I am happy to use an all-in-one or a seperate amp and dac, I also am open to tube or SS amp.

Nov 29, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #12,648 of 25,674
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a Susvara again soon and am planning to change to a different amp and dac set up. I'm currently leaning toward a TT2 using it as an all in one.

I have a budget of around $4-$5k and wondered it any of you had any other recomendations I should consider before pulling the trigger? I am happy to use an all-in-one or a seperate amp and dac, I also am open to tube or SS amp.
For $5K, my money would go to a Holo Audio Spring Level 3 (ask for a deal) + Benchmark AHB2, if I didn't want to upgrade in a while.

A cheaper but equally viable alternative to the AHB2 is the Hegel H95. Susvara sounds beautiful off it.

Nov 29, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #12,649 of 25,674
Hey guys,

I d consider keeping your Brooklyn DAC as a starting point and demo the Ferrum OOR /?Hypsos Stack which has been developed and tested also with a Brooklyn Bridge by the same guys who built all the Mytek Gen1 stuff in license.

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #12,650 of 25,674
hi everyone I ordered the eikon hybrid pads, and when I wanted to buy the mounting rings, hifiman told me those rings are not for susvara

https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/earpad-mounting-rings.html

I just want to make sure that those are the rings I need to buy to use with Eikon pads, as the shipping cost is 56 usd for the rings, so I just want to make sure those are the ones to buy for the Eikon pads

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #12,651 of 25,674
dang Sandu brought the heat on this one

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #12,652 of 25,674
8B8A276A-5F0D-4839-84BF-19A9E775E0AC.jpeg

Sandu slayed me dead murdered with all these amps 💀

Nov 29, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #12,653 of 25,674
I've read plenty of people having to send back their units for buzzing noises.
Plenty?

Geez - I must be missing a lot of forum talks about the susvaras if you are finding “plenty”

And I am on these forums almost every time i take a sh!t and that’s usually two times a day….sometime more.
Then again maybe I am spending too much time playing Crossy road.

I’m curious…let us know about 3 of these plenty of people - that would be interesting to read

TIA

Nov 29, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #12,654 of 25,674
For $5K, my money would go to a Holo Audio Spring Level 3 (ask for a deal) + Benchmark AHB2, if I didn't want to upgrade in a while.

A cheaper but equally viable alternative to the AHB2 is the Hegel H95. Susvara sounds beautiful off it.
I just ordered a holo may from wildism.com in Hong Kong and prices are very good - just ask.
I did a cash transfer with wise.com (never used before) and that saved me a few bucks (maybe about 5%) in conversion fees too.
Jo at wildism is very quick with his responses

Enough of the plug….dac is probably 3-6 weeks away….so hopefully a pre Christmas “present”

Ps: i guess that puts any idea of an lcd5 for me on hold for a while…time to start getting a bank balance together again I guess

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #12,655 of 25,674
I just ordered a holo may from wildism.com in Hong Kong and prices are very good - just ask.
I did a cash transfer with wise.com (never used before) and that saved me a few bucks (maybe about 5%) in conversion fees too.
Jo at wildism is very quick with his responses

Enough of the plug….dac is probably 3-6 weeks away….so hopefully a pre Christmas “present”

Ps: i guess that puts any idea of an lcd5 for me on hold for a while…time to start getting a bank balance together again I guess
Are you located in Asia?

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #12,656 of 25,674
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #12,657 of 25,674
hi everyone I ordered the eikon hybrid pads, and when I wanted to buy the mounting rings, hifiman told me those rings are not for susvara

I just want to make sure that those are the rings I need to buy to use with Eikon pads, as the shipping cost is 56 usd for the rings, so I just want to make sure those are the ones to buy for the Eikon pads
Same boat currently.
Was about to order through my local dealer.
So Hifiman responded these won't fit but didn't provide you an alternative product link?

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #12,658 of 25,674

I ordered both of these. I should be getting them in a few days. If no one responds about this by then, I can let you know. Shipping was free for me in the US ...

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #12,659 of 25,674
Same boat currently.
Was about to order through my local dealer.
So Hifiman responded these won't fit but didn't provide you an alternative product link?
They fit mine. The inner Susvara ring is round as mentioned previously. The outer edge of cups elopes towards the input Jack but it’s a round opening for rings.

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #12,660 of 25,674
Over the long-term would not having a dust cover open an avenue to damage the driver? Just curious ... I would think not having the dust cover can help open it up more ....
I've been running various planar magnetics incl. HE-6 and Susvara without dust covers for years, no issues at all! And that's despite me tinkering with them quite frequently. For Susvara, regular dust is not an issue and typical larger objects (e.g. hairs) would get blocked by the metal mesh protecting drivers from both sides anyway.

Dust covers are quite dense acoustic obstacles between drivers and your ears, therefore lowering transparency of sound you are getting from your headphones. Some dust covers are sonically relatively transparent (e.g. ZMF pads), some are unpleasantly intrusive (e.g. Audeze or Dekoni).

At this performance level, especially before starting to obsess over stuff like cables or power conditioners to "maximize resolution", I would definitely consider avoiding dust covers whenever possible. NOTE: Some headphones might be designed with dust covers in mind. For instance, ZMF Auteur would sound metallic without some damping in-between, therefore I am utilizing dust covers in a specific custom-modded way with them. Another typical example would be electrostats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back