HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 27, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #10,217 of 25,607
thank god! replacement cable!
(i don't really notice any sound change.. but UGH.. that stock cable.)
1627409664460.png

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #10,218 of 25,607
It's been over a week since I've packed up my Etude and plugged my Susvara back into the rear of the Chord TT2. I think there's a very special synergy here between the Susvara the TT2 balanced outs. I don't think I've heard the Susvara sound this clean and clear with a pitch black background out of anything else so far. The bass is also so linear, clean, and with laser sharp definition all the way down to sub bass (below where even the TC is able to reach). Anyone else enjoy this pairing as much as I do? I've been through a few amps now and end up preferring listening to the Susvara straight out of the TT2.

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #10,219 of 25,607
It's been over a week since I've packed up my Etude and plugged my Susvara back into the rear of the Chord TT2. I think there's a very special synergy here between the Susvara the TT2 balanced outs. I don't think I've heard the Susvara sound this clean and clear with a pitch black background out of anything else so far. The bass is also so linear, clean, and with laser sharp definition all the way down to sub bass (below where even the TC is able to reach). Anyone else enjoy this pairing as much as I do? I've been through a few amps now and end up preferring listening to the Susvara straight out of the TT2.

I'm the opposite and ultimately ended up enjoying the Susvara out of amps vs direct from the XLR outputs. With that being said, the XLR outputs were certainly no slouch :)

Jul 27, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #10,221 of 25,607
Not only did i get a new cable today, but also finally setup the woo wa5. Up till now i liked the Susvara, but it seemed to lack magic. I'd always move back to the Utopia.
Oh it has magic now. Is it the extra power? (the Phonitor x should have outputted enough). Is it the KR 300B HP (note, the HP. It isn't a normal KR 300B? It is only sold in the US.) Is it my fav tube? CBS 5692? (that is clearly helping)
https://abyss-headphones.com/collections/headphone-accessories/products/kr-audio-300b-hp-tube <--
https://upscaleaudio.com/products/cbs-hytron-5692 <--

What is new with the WA5 + Susvara is bass. Much better bass. I am not a bass head. (I dislike music with heavy drumming, hate heavy metal (it is just yelling)... dislike most rock... ) :) I just want the right amount of bass. A piano need bass.. a violin needs bass.
man.. it does nice fast and controlled bass. so good. Up till now i wouldn't say the Susvara is worth $4500 (which is the max anyone should pay for a new Susvara) - but now.. oh yeah.. it is f'n great. I might put away the Utopia.. maybe?

side note, the empy is still crap on the WA5. God i hate those headphones. I don't resell stuff... i'm not sure what i'm going to do with it. Such a meh headphone. Maybe ok if it was $1000... maybe. Too much flabby bass. Sometimes i'd use them for gaming as they are ez on the head (for that the focal), but the HiMan feel real good too...

Also, The Sophia 274B look real cool :) (lame the other two tubes don't light up.)
https://sophiaelectric.com/collections/274b-5u4g/products/pages-se-274b
1627425746446.png

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #10,222 of 25,607
Not only did i get a new cable today, but also finally setup the woo wa5. Up till now i liked the Susvara, but it seemed to lack magic. I'd always move back to the Utopia.
Oh it has magic now. Is it the extra power? (the Phonitor x should have outputted enough). Is it the KR 300B HP (note, the HP. It isn't a normal KR 300B? It is only sold in the US.) Is it my fav tube? CBS 5692? (that is clearly helping)
https://abyss-headphones.com/collections/headphone-accessories/products/kr-audio-300b-hp-tube <--
https://upscaleaudio.com/products/cbs-hytron-5692 <--

What is new with the WA5 + Susvara is bass. Much better bass. I am not a bass head. (I dislike music with heavy drumming, hate heavy metal (it is just yelling)... dislike most rock... ) :) I just want the right amount of bass. A piano need bass.. a violin needs bass.
man.. it does nice fast and controlled bass. so good. Up till now i wouldn't say the Susvara is worth $4500 (which is the max anyone should pay for a new Susvara) - but now.. oh yeah.. it is f'n great. I might put away the Utopia.. maybe?

side note, the empy is still crap on the WA5. God i hate those headphones. I don't resell stuff... i'm not sure what i'm going to do with it. Such a meh headphone. Maybe ok if it was $1000... maybe. Too much flabby bass. Sometimes i'd use them for gaming as they are ez on the head (for that the focal), but the HiMan feel real good too...

Also, The Sophia 274B look real cool :) (lame the other two tubes don't light up.)
https://sophiaelectric.com/collections/274b-5u4g/products/pages-se-274b
1627425746446.png
Are you running the Susvara through WA-5’s speaker taps?

Jul 27, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #10,223 of 25,607
Jul 28, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #10,224 of 25,607
Well I believe the Formula S was developed in response to a request from Abyss to make an amp for the 1266.

Yes but the question is does this matching make them better than with other amps. I don't mean explicitly this paring, more generally. Take Stax and all their amps which was specially made for their headphones or the HDVA 600 which was made for the Sennheiser HD800.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #10,225 of 25,607

I bought an adapter because I had read how good it sounded directly from the rear XLR on the Chord Hugo TT2. I compared directly from the rear XLR with how it sounded with the TT2 + Moon 600i and thought it sounded better with my Moon 600i (with LCD-4 and HE6).

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #10,226 of 25,607
If I have the susvara.. Is there any point in getting the new Arya?

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #10,228 of 25,607
Jul 30, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #10,229 of 25,607
Jul 30, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #10,230 of 25,607
OK thanks guys. That was easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back