HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 3, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #9,751 of 25,677
Hi guys!

You can take me to your club! Just got my Susvara straight from America.

IMG_5528 копия.jpg
IMG_5530.jpg

I have a question for you - how long does it take for them to enter their regime? And in what direction does the sound change over time? I want to look at a custom cable for them, but for now I'm afraid to do it, not knowing how they will sound in a month.

If you notice a difference and a change in sound after some time, please share.

Thanks in advance!

My system (only headphones are now Susvara):

02 копия.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #9,752 of 25,677
I am saying that the 2 amps are terrific...the formula s needs the powerman to compete with the bakoon....it is a real tough choice between the 2....the form factor and remote perhaps give the edge to the bakoon if forced to choose...
HEKse vs D8000 pro direct from DAVE + M-scaler vs Susvara with DAVE + M-scaler + Speaker Amp ???

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #9,753 of 25,677
Thanks for watching @thecrow.

I have enjoyed the Utopia with rock. The Utopia’s slam is fantastic. If you like the Harman-inspired forward mids, the Utopias are ideal. Vocals come through beautifully.

Some Utopia owners I know can’t live without the forward vocals and find even the Susvara vocals pulled back.

The TC is a very different beast, best you try it before deciding to buy it. IMO, the TC is the best headphone out there for metal, bar none.

Vocals are more pulled back than on the Susvara and certainly more than on the Utopia, but its actually works well with the rest of the presentation given there is a lot of highly enjoyable bass energy and a lively treble.

Its a different presentation to the Utopia. Certainly don’t want to encourage extravagance, my friend, so I would say find a way to try it if you can. 🙂
Have you heard the he6se?
if so how does the 1266 compare to the he6se in the size /nature of the v or u shape in frequency

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #9,754 of 25,677
Hi guys!

IMG_5474.jpg

I have a question for you - how long does it take for them to enter their regime? And in what direction does the sound change over time? I want to look at a custom cable for them, but for now I'm afraid to do it, not knowing how they will sound in a month.

Thanks in advance!

02 копия.jpg
I’m guessing it’s a subtle or a slow change through burn in as I didn’t detect much change and i had tried two sets. Listening through the burn in period

the first set (2.5 mm) maybe 50-70 hours and the second set (3.5 mm connectors) about 100 or so hours

but though i prefer a copper cable with the susvaras i am more “accepting” of listening using my silver draug from norne audio than i initially was - but that could just be me

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #9,755 of 25,677
The TC is a very different beast, best you try it before deciding to buy it. IMO, the TC is the best headphone out there for metal, bar none.

I’ll agree with this, I’ve had my TC’s for a couple of weeks or so, and while there are aspects I prefer on the Susvara, the overall balance for especially early Metal like Deep Purple is much better than the Susvara. It glosses over the often not great recordings, and the bass reproduction fills out the sound.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #9,757 of 25,677
I gave whitesnake a whirl tonight on the susvaras.
I found myself going from my silver cable back to copper (but that’s a side thought)

As it’s 2.30 am i shall try the utopias tomorrow with the whitesnake live album

Somehow I have just found myself listening to roger miller’s king of the road (twice) as i went down the streaming (singles) rabbit hole
(Edit: and now i am listening to randy Travis that I have never listened to before, as far as i know)

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #9,758 of 25,677
I gave whitesnake a whirl tonight on the susvaras.
I found myself going from my silver cable back to copper (but that’s a side thought)

As it’s 2.30 am i shall try the utopias tomorrow with the whitesnake live album

Somehow I have just found myself listening to roger miller’s king of the road (twice) as i went down the streaming (singles) rabbit hole
(Edit: and now i am listening to randy Travis that I have never listened to before, as far as i know)
I better switch off and get some sleep before i listen to willie Nelson’s complete Stardust album (I’ll just finish off with “Georgia on my mind” )

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #9,759 of 25,677
Hi guys!

IMG_5474.jpg

Thanks in advance!

02 копия.jpg
Where can I get that stand??

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #9,760 of 25,677
Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #9,762 of 25,677
Jul 3, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #9,763 of 25,677
Jul 3, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #9,765 of 25,677
I went from the standard cable to a Forza Noir and now to an pure silver cable with gold and palladium from China. The last one gives the more 5% the Susvara can deliver awesome crazy good!

Please share the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back