HiFiMan Susvara
Jun 7, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #9,031 of 25,603
I would try to find a dealer that could lend you two of them to try for a week or so. Buy the one you like most and call it a day... or if you still have the itch, then spring for the 3rd to try lol

In all seriousness, more than anything.. this thread is evidence that there's a number of highly capable amps that pair well with the Susvara. All are generally expensive unfortunately, but you won't really go wrong with any. If amps weren't such a pain to buy/resell/ship I'd have done as much amp rolling as others here.
The source and pre-amp also play a part regarding choice of amp that makes the overall sound from the Susvara either just ok or great to the persons taste / ideal sound signature !

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #9,032 of 25,603
Having trouble deciding on a dedicated SS or tube amp for the Susvara (Each has a different price and quality). If money were not a factor and tubes too inconvenient which has the best synergy and can push the most from the Susvara?
RIVIERA AIC10
Bakoon
Power-man
HPA4
WA33
A good quality speaker amp or the Hifiman EF1000 !

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #9,033 of 25,603
Jun 7, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #9,038 of 25,603
Ok, so there are a few of you Susvara owners in Canada. So I don't need to type this out over and over, I will just put it here. I hope that doesn't violate any rules.

So, I am a member here, and I am a member on Audiophilestyle under the same name. Recently there has been some discussion about using DSP originally created for speakers and applying it to headphones. I will link the threads below. This has been done so far on one pair of headphones, the RAAL SR1A and the founder of AS, The Computer Audiophile, has tested it and really likes it. I inquired about getting the same process done for my Susvara. Only small snag is mitchco (Mitch Barnett of Accurate Sound) is in Canada close to Vancouver which makes shipping him my pair of Susvara headphones a hassle because I am in the US. I reached out to HiFiMan to ask if they have a pair they can provide to him that he can measure to create the filters. However, after doing that, I thought that perhaps someone, or more than one someone, here would be interested in being the person that allows Mitch to get the measurements. The process is entirely non destructive and Mitch is a stand up guy. He is featured in the latest podcast over on AS if you want to get an idea of what kind of person he is and what he is about.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/podc...ch-barnett-of-accurate-sound-interview-r1021/

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revi...isite-sr1a-headphones-to-another-level-r1020/

Any questions, let me know.

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #9,040 of 25,603
once the measurements are finished, they will be available for anyone to buy and will work in HQPlayer or in his own software, Hang Loose Convolver. Perhaps others, but I don't know for sure.
Works in Roon as well.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #9,042 of 25,603
Shoot, yes you are right it does and is super easy to use in Roon as well.
Okay show me! I mean how one uses EQ measurements in Roon. I can always pull up the parametric EQ display (graph) from the Roon DSP menu but I am also too intimidated to change anything on it so I always keep it disabled. I think what I need is a little tutoring to show me how things work. A link to a site where such tutoring is done would also be appreciated.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #9,043 of 25,603
Am I understanding correctly that what he is doing is measuring a headphone, and then offering a few "corrective" EQ profile's for sale? Similar to Sonorworks, or what Oratory1990 does for free?

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #9,044 of 25,603

Attachments

• Susvara R.txt
    6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #9,045 of 25,603
Am I understanding correctly that what he is doing is measuring a headphone, and then offering a few "corrective" EQ profile's for sale? Similar to Sonorworks, or what Oratory1990 does for free?

what kind of measurements does he need? i have my susvara FR measurements (IEC 60318-4 compliant-ish) available on github or attached...

Also made a guide on how to use this with target curves to make your own PEQ settings (for Roon or whatever) https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2021/05/simulate-and-create-your-own-eq.html

Except he is a professional, who has done this for a very long time, who has a lot of experience, and will do it right.

I strongly suggest you click through the links I provided, read them, listen to the podcast, and educate yourself on the benefits of this.

Here is his website: https://accuratesound.ca/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back