HiFiMan Susvara
Jan 18, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #6,241 of 26,681
Great review, @simorag ! However, you neglected to mention what sort of liquor complements the headphones optimally... :relaxed:

What about a nice Laberdolive Bas Armagnac for the Susvara and a cask-strength (undiluted, 70%) Caol Ila whiskey for the AB-1266 🥃?

Great review, thanks a lot! Have you tried T+A Solitaire P planar headphones? They also seem a great complement to the Susvara, exactly in the same direction you write about the TC. I've been auditioning the Solitaire (on the dedicated T+A HA 200 amp) for the second day now and am really impressed.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard the Solitaire. I would certainly like to, as I admire pretty much everything T+A does!

Thanks for that detailed comparison.
I own the susvara, but have never heard the tc.
I really like (and agree with) with this description of the susvara:
As for opera, jazz, and small acoustical ensembles a timbre-focused listener would most likely choose the Susvara, while a more analytical / spatially focused listener will probably grab the TC (I fall in the latter category), especially in critical-listening mode.”

Yeah, jazz in particular is a very different experience when listened through these two outstanding cans. With the Susvara, you immediately get absorbed by how right is the tonality of the various instruments, piano and sax for example are very seductive and visceral. With the TC what strikes me first is the sense of the venue and how realistic (in headphones terms of course, or just beyond their usual limitations) is the size of the musicians and their layering in space.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #6,242 of 26,681
Definitely agree with you there. The Empy has nothing on the Susvara, except that state-of-the-art build quality. The Empy II has to step it up in the sound quality department to match it's looks and build.
100% agree

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #6,243 of 26,681
Clash of the Titans – my Take on Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC vs. HIFIMAN Susvara

20210110_192708-01-01.jpeg

Background, bias and setup

I listen mainly to acoustic music, classical (all sub-genres), jazz, singer-songwriter being my prevalent. However, I am musically very curious and – especially since I have become a streaming addict – an increasingly big chunk of my listening time is taken by a very eclectic genres exploration.

As I keep attending live concerts, I tend to value all the reproduced aural cues which remind me the physical and emotional experience of the live event, including of course timbre credibility, but also – perhaps even more so - visceral impact, ambience / venue rendering.

Being a pretty analytical type of listener, I tend to focus on detail, resolution and transparency as well.

I decided to purchase the Susvara after listening to them multiple times on various setups, always getting the impression that they are the only headphones that can compete with the TC as a multi-genre all-rounder, as opposed to other headphones (like the SR1a which I also own) having obvious flaws which make them less versatile.

I owned various editions of the AB-1266 since 2017, and I have basically built and optimized my audio setup around them and the Chord DAVE.

The main components of my rig are listed in my signature, the rest being described in my profile. Among the ancillaries, a notable mention goes to the Superconductor cable, which has a rather audible influence on the TC timbre.

The Susvara, after rolling several cables, are connected to the speaker taps of my Riviera AIC-10 (close to 20W of which 10W in class A) via solid core copper custom cables, by far the most dynamic, tight and transparent solution I tested.

I tried the Susvara also on several other speaker amplifiers as reported later on, the comparative impressions penned out hereafter standing valid throughout.

In the following I am omitting the continuous usage of IMO, YMVV etc., being implied that I am simply describing my own, very subjective feelings, and of course I am very positive about people hearing all this in a whole different way. [/SPOILER]

General sound signature comparison

By switching between the Susvara and the TC the most apparent tonal shift is in the midrange region, where the smoother, darker, slightly more forward nature of the Susvara stands out immediately.

The other apparent change is the loss of transparency, soundstage size and instrument separation, where the Susvara staging is more atmospheric and cohesive compared to the crystalline and sharply defined scene depicted by the TC.

When combined, these two presentation changes prepare you for a more intimate experience of the music, closer to the musicians both in a physical and emotional fashion, with the Susvara.

Tonal balance on the Susvara is very evenly deployed and seemingly accurate, whereas the TC has some emphasis on the bass region (with its trademark subwoofer-like bass) and its upper-midrange / lower treble is slightly on the brighter / etched side.

Musical events are portrayed in a more relaxed, less visceral fashion by the Susvara, although they are capable of slam as hard as the Abyss when called for.

On longer listening sessions, Susvara brings you more towards a laid-back abandonment to music, while the TC are more like an attention-grabbing emotional rollercoaster.

On the other hand, its fuller, less peaky midrange, virtual absence of distortion and dynamics range limitations bring me to listen to the Susvara at comparatively louder listening levels for best enjoyment. [/SPOILER]

Sound Presentation Breakdown

Bass

The TC is still the king of bass presentation to my tastes, particularly when the pad fit is sorted out spot-on.

While the Susvara is able to go as low as the Abyss and provide as much as slam, the sheer physical feeling of the skull rattling air waves that the TC can convey, its heft, oomph, deliver an unmatched experience, especially when combined with impeccable resolution and articulation.

The Susvara bass is however very well blended to the rest of the spectrum (a recurring theme within the amazing tonal equilibrium of this headphone), and very satisfactory in isolation, with plenty of punch and weight.

As already anticipated, these comparative impressions have been consistent throughout my listening, regardless of the type and power rating of the amplifier used (included a Krell KSA100 at my friend’s place), see also the section about amp matching in the following.

random-acces.pngorgan.png

Midrange

Midrange presentation is indeed the ‘center of gravity’ of acoustic music listening. Here, I feel the Susvara is a step or two above the AB-1266 TC, even when accounting from the beneficial effect of the Superconductor cable and a magical Mullard NOS tube I am using with the AIC-10.

Stringed instruments, both fretted (violin, cello etc.) and plucked (acoustic guitar, harpsichord) are reproduced with more body, richness and weight by the Susvara, making the TC sound slightly thin, edgy and recessed in direct comparison.

Vocals are significantly more incarnated and forward in the scene, thus making a more visceral emotional connection with the music. Male vocals throatiness / chestiness renditions are sublime with the Susvara.

Piano is another instrument where the absence of any hint of glassiness, hardness and ringing, and the right amount of harmonics saturation and decay of the Susvara bring me closer to the actual live listening (well, assuming I were allowed to jump on stage with the pianist, but this is an aberration more related to the typical closely miked recordings we are fed with).

bach-suites.pngbach-blechacz.png

Treble

Abyss TC treble is very extended, and so is the Susvara’s. TC tends to be a touch brighter and more airy sounding, while the Susvara is slightly rolled off in comparison.

Brass instruments, like horns and trumpets, and drums snare, or triangle have a richer sound with the Susvara and more bite, together with a hint of glare, with the Abyss.

I would say the Susvara win the comparison to how these instrument sound in the real world.

Overall, the treble differentiation contributes to the more relaxed (Susvara) vs. more exciting (TC) character, which can be chosen upon based mainly on personal preference and the mood of the moment.

Speed / Transient / Macro-Dynamics / Visceral Impact

Both TC and Susvara are very fast headphones, surpassed only by the RAAL SR1a and few electrostats.

Attack of the notes is very similar, even when called for explosive sound burst (think tympany or drums solo) provided the amplifier is up to the task. Decay is slightly more damped with the Susvara, which can add some nice bloom in some cases.

Both headphones deliver plenty of slam and visceral impact, being the differentiator only the subsonic bass – as mentioned before – where the physical airwave impact and the accompanying rumble conveyed by the TC adds up to the dramatic effect.

copland.pngmravinsky.png

Transparency, Micro-Dynamics, Resolution and Detail Retrieval

TC and Susvara are both very detailed headphones, able to resolve fine nuances throughout the sound spectrum. The TC presents the details in a more etched fashion making them more obvious, while the Susvara handle the same in a more understated manner.

TC transparency is superior, with sounds coming out from a blacker background further helping the retrieval of minute information, and the feeling of air in between the instruments.

Soundstage and Imaging

Soundstage and imaging, are, in my opinion, the pinnacle of TC technical abilities together with their renowned bass.

The TC soundstage (helped by the DAVE / M-Scaler and AIC-10, which all excel at holographically capture and render spatial information) is wider and deeper than the Susvara’s although by a slight margin, while retaining a credible, cohesive organization.

What stands out the most is the imaging, where the TC, supported by their enhanced transparency, allow the various subjects on the scene to be well separated, layered, solidly identified in a 3D space, enhancing the level of the simulated live experience.

Listening to a solo violin recording makes me believe more that I am listening to a true violin with the Susvara, but the sense of having a violinist playing for me in my room is definitely stronger with the Abyss if that makes any sense.

Ambiental cues from large orchestra theaters, live stadium concerts, well-characterized venues like churches are made more credible and theatrical with the TC.

cowboy.pngmisa-criolla.png

Genre Matching

As simplistic as it may be, in my various A/B’s between the two, I saw a pattern forming about what genres I was going to like more with which. In some cases, my preference was clearer, while in other situations it was more about balancing act between the strengths and relative weaknesses described above.

I would give large scale classical, electronica, rap easily to the TC, and vocals, solo acoustic instruments including piano, and pop / rock to the Susvara (the latter even more so with less-than-perfect recordings, where the Susvara is more forgiving than the TC).

As for opera, jazz, and small acoustical ensembles a timbre-focused listener would most likely choose the Susvara, while a more analytical / spatially focused listener will probably grab the TC (I fall in the latter category), especially in critical-listening mode.

Amplifiers synergy

When trying both the Susvara and the TC with several amplifiers, I found that they like similar gear, where perhaps the TC is better served by slightly warmer / richer amplifiers and the Susvara by more neutral ones.

Both headphones have very sophisticated tastes and scale immensely as you go up the staircase of upper echelon amplifiers.

The best amp I have tried with the Susvara is the Viva Solista, also a fantastic match with the TC. My Riviera AIC-10 came close second, followed by an Air Tight ATM-300R. In the next league fell the Pass Labs XA25 (helped by an Audio Research REF6 preamp in my case) and the 100W/8ohm NAGRA Classic Int. Simaudio Moon 600i is another notable mention, a tier further below to my ears.

atm300.jpg

In my personal experience (of course influenced by my tastes, listening focus area and volume levels etc.), mostly related to speaker amps, I have not found any beneficial effect from more rated power than, say, 2-2.5W, superior amp quality and signature synergy mattered much more instead.

With my AIC-10 I found that the Mullard CV491 I am normally using with the TC is bested by a more dynamic and transparent Fivre (both NOS) with the Susvara.

Wrapping out all this

Choosing between Susvara and the TC is a bit like comparing say an S-class Mercedes and a M5 BMW. The former being more supple, reassuring and voluptuous, and the latter more provocative, challenging and exhausting (but in a good way).

With the Susvara I tend to lose myself into the music, relax and forget about them. With the TC my heartbeat accelerates, as I prepare myself to a journey full of surprises and coup-de-théâtre.

I would venture to say that as the Susvara are exceptional headphones, the AB-1266, while being less honed out tonally, are able to transcend headphones listening experience in a way.

They complement themselves for sure, and I feel very fortunate to have both at my disposal :beyersmile:.

20210117_124339-01 (002).jpeg
Fanatstico review simorag and great presentation and layout :thumbsup:. I can imagine it took you quite a lot of your personal time to prepare and produce.

I agree 100% with you on your findings and assessment with the great Susvara.

I hope to audition the 1266 TC in Feb / March directly with the Susvara and the Hifiman EF-1000 Amp linked to my Chord DAVE, M Scaler & Blu MK1 after the UK COVID lockdowns have eased and my local Hifiman Dealer is open again.

Jan 18, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #6,245 of 26,681
Interesting comment from Soundnews in the comments of his SMSL SP400 review, the Flux Volot is on my watchlist already: it is specifically designed for the Sus. And his comment on Keces makes me even more interested in my testing my Supernait 2 which should be able to deliver 80watt & 8ohm and 60A per channel.

If I wanted a mediocre Susvara review, I would post it by now (most, if not all Susvara reviewers on Youtube didn't hear it properly). Problem is finding a perfect amplifier for Susvara is not for the faint of heart. It is a much harder task than I anticipated. HPA4 shuts down with it, sub-bass goes completely missing with TA-30, with SH-9 and A90. SP400 was a much better amp with them (especially while feeding a ~6V signal via XLR). Flux Lab FA-10 with its 16 Watts was the best option, but it also shut down itself several times. Kinki Studio EX-M7 - a power amplifier with 18A rails and 225 Watts Was Shutting Itself OFF with Susvara...So far only Keces S300 with its 45A rails powers fully the Susvara - problem is I also use it with my KEF loudspeakers. Long story short, Susvara review will happen when Flux Lab Acoustics will release their Volot amplifier - specially designed to drive the damn Susvara, it will happen in February.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #6,246 of 26,681

I listen mainly to acoustic music, classical (all sub-genres), jazz, singer-songwriter being my prevalent. However, I am musically very curious and – especially since I have become a streaming addict – an increasingly big chunk of my listening time is taken by a very eclectic genres exploration.

As I keep attending live concerts, I tend to value all the reproduced aural cues which remind me the physical and emotional experience of the live event, including of course timbre credibility, but also – perhaps even more so - visceral impact, ambience / venue rendering.

Being a pretty analytical type of listener, I tend to focus on detail, resolution and transparency as well.

I decided to purchase the Susvara after listening to them multiple times on various setups, always getting the impression that they are the only headphones that can compete with the TC as a multi-genre all-rounder, as opposed to other headphones (like the SR1a which I also own) having obvious flaws which make them less versatile.

I owned various editions of the AB-1266 since 2017, and I have basically built and optimized my audio setup around them and the Chord DAVE.

The main components of my rig are listed in my signature, the rest being described in my profile. Among the ancillaries, a notable mention goes to the Superconductor cable, which has a rather audible influence on the TC timbre.

The Susvara, after rolling several cables, are connected to the speaker taps of my Riviera AIC-10 (close to 20W of which 10W in class A) via solid core copper custom cables, by far the most dynamic, tight and transparent solution I tested.

I tried the Susvara also on several other speaker amplifiers as reported later on, the comparative impressions penned out hereafter standing valid throughout.

In the following I am omitting the continuous usage of IMO, YMVV etc., being implied that I am simply describing my own, very subjective feelings, and of course I am very positive about people hearing all this in a whole different way.

By switching between the Susvara and the TC the most apparent tonal shift is in the midrange region, where the smoother, darker, slightly more forward nature of the Susvara stands out immediately.

The other apparent change is the loss of transparency, soundstage size and instrument separation, where the Susvara staging is more atmospheric and cohesive compared to the crystalline and sharply defined scene depicted by the TC.

When combined, these two presentation changes prepare you for a more intimate experience of the music, closer to the musicians both in a physical and emotional fashion, with the Susvara.

Tonal balance on the Susvara is very evenly deployed and seemingly accurate, whereas the TC has some emphasis on the bass region (with its trademark subwoofer-like bass) and its upper-midrange / lower treble is slightly on the brighter / etched side.

Musical events are portrayed in a more relaxed, less visceral fashion by the Susvara, although they are capable of slam as hard as the Abyss when called for.

On longer listening sessions, Susvara brings you more towards a laid-back abandonment to music, while the TC are more like an attention-grabbing emotional rollercoaster.

On the other hand, its fuller, less peaky midrange, virtual absence of distortion and dynamics range limitations bring me to listen to the Susvara at comparatively louder listening levels for best enjoyment.

Bass

The TC is still the king of bass presentation to my tastes, particularly when the pad fit is sorted out spot-on.

While the Susvara is able to go as low as the Abyss and provide as much as slam, the sheer physical feeling of the skull rattling air waves that the TC can convey, its heft, oomph, deliver an unmatched experience, especially when combined with impeccable resolution and articulation.

The Susvara bass is however very well blended to the rest of the spectrum (a recurring theme within the amazing tonal equilibrium of this headphone), and very satisfactory in isolation, with plenty of punch and weight.

As already anticipated, these comparative impressions have been consistent throughout my listening, regardless of the type and power rating of the amplifier used (included a Krell KSA100 at my friend’s place), see also the section about amp matching in the following.

Midrange

Midrange presentation is indeed the ‘center of gravity’ of acoustic music listening. Here, I feel the Susvara is a step or two above the AB-1266 TC, even when accounting to the beneficial effect of the Superconductor cable and a magical Mullard NOS tube I am using with the AIC-10.

Stringed instruments, both fretted (violin, cello etc.) and plucked (acoustic guitar, harpsichord) are reproduced with more body, richness and weight by the Susvara, making the TC sound slightly thin, edgy and recessed in direct comparison.

Vocals are significantly more incarnated and forward in the scene, thus making a more visceral emotional connection with the music. Male vocals throatiness / chestiness renditions are sublime with the Susvara.

Piano is another instrument where the absence of any hint of glassiness, hardness and ringing, and the right amount of harmonics saturation and decay of the Susvara bring me closer to the actual live listening (well, assuming I were allowed to jump on stage with the pianist, but this is an aberration more related to the typical closely miked recordings we are fed with).

Treble

Abyss TC treble is very extended, and so is the Susvara’s. TC tends to be a touch brighter and more airy sounding, while the Susvara is slightly rolled off in comparison.

Brass instruments, like horns and trumpets, and drums snare, or triangle have a richer sound with the Susvara and more bite, together with a hint of glare, with the Abyss.

I would say the Susvara win the comparison to how these instrument sound in the real world.

Overall, the treble differentiation contributes to the more relaxed (Susvara) vs. more exciting (TC) character, which can be chosen upon based mainly on personal preference and the mood of the moment.

Both TC and Susvara are very fast headphones, surpassed only by the RAAL SR1a and few electrostats.

Attack of the notes is very similar, even when called for explosive sound burst (think tympany or drums solo) provided the amplifier is up to the task. Decay is slightly more damped with the Susvara, which can add some nice bloom in some cases.

Both headphones deliver plenty of slam and visceral impact, being the differentiator only the subsonic bass – as mentioned before – where the physical airwave impact and the accompanying rumble conveyed by the TC adds up to the dramatic effect.

TC and Susvara are both very detailed headphones, able to resolve fine nuances throughout the sound spectrum. The TC presents the details in a more etched fashion making them more obvious, while the Susvara handle the same in a more understated manner.

TC transparency is superior, with sounds coming out from a blacker background further helping the retrieval of minute information, and the feeling of air in between the instruments.

Soundstage and Imaging

Soundstage and imaging, are, in my opinion, the pinnacle of TC technical abilities together with their renowned bass.

The TC soundstage (helped by the DAVE / M-Scaler and AIC-10, which all excel at holographically capture and render spatial information) is wider and deeper than the Susvara’s although by a slight margin, while retaining a credible, cohesive organization.

What stands out the most is the imaging, where the TC, supported by their enhanced transparency, allow the various subjects on the scene to be well separated, layered, solidly identified in a 3D space, strengthens the illusory effect of the simulated live experience.

Listening to a solo violin recording makes me believe more that I am listening to a true violin with the Susvara, but the sense of having a violinist playing for me in my room is definitely stronger with the Abyss if that makes any sense.

Ambiental cues from large orchestra theaters, live stadium concerts, well-characterized venues like churches are made more credible and theatrical with the TC.

Genre Matching

As simplistic as it may be, in my various A/B’s between the two, I saw a pattern forming about what genres I was going to like more with which. In some cases, my preference was clearer, while in other situations it was more about balancing act between the strengths and relative weaknesses described above.

I would give large scale classical, electronica, rap easily to the TC, and vocals, solo acoustic instruments including piano, and pop / rock to the Susvara (the latter even more so with less-than-perfect recordings, where the Susvara is more forgiving than the TC).

As for opera, jazz, and small acoustical ensembles a timbre-focused listener would most likely choose the Susvara, while a more analytical / spatially focused listener will probably grab the TC (I fall in the latter category), especially in critical-listening mode.

Amplifiers synergy

When trying both the Susvara and the TC with several amplifiers, I found that they like similar gear, where perhaps the TC is better served by slightly warmer / richer amplifiers and the Susvara by more neutral ones.

Both headphones have very sophisticated tastes and scale immensely as you go up the staircase of upper echelon amplifiers.

The best amp I have tried with the Susvara is the Viva Solista, also a fantastic match with the TC. My Riviera AIC-10 came close second, followed by an Air Tight ATM-300R. In the next league fell the Pass Labs XA25 (helped by an Audio Research REF6 preamp in my case) and the 100W/8ohm NAGRA Classic Int. Simaudio Moon 600i is another notable mention, a tier further below to my ears.

In my personal experience (of course influenced by my tastes, listening focus area and volume levels etc.), mostly related to speaker amps, I have not found any beneficial effect from more rated power than, say, 2-2.5W, superior amp quality and signature synergy mattered much more instead.

With my AIC-10 I found that the Mullard CV491 I am normally using with the TC is bested by a more dynamic and transparent Fivre (both NOS) with the Susvara.

Wrapping out all this

Choosing between Susvara and the TC is a bit like comparing say an S-class Mercedes and a M5 BMW. The former being more supple, reassuring and voluptuous, and the latter more provocative, challenging and exhausting (but in a good way).

With the Susvara I tend to lose myself into the music, relax and forget about them. With the TC my heartbeat accelerates, as I prepare to a journey full of surprises and coup-de-théâtre.

I would venture to say that as the Susvara are exceptional headphones, the AB-1266, while being less honed out tonally, are able to transcend headphones listening experience in a way.

They complement themselves for sure, and I feel very fortunate to have both at my disposal :beyersmile:.

Great review, Simorag. I agree on several, several counts. In terms of amps, my preferences would put the Pass and Accuphase ahead of the Viva amp(s). Although, I can’t remember which tubes were at play when I tried the Egoista and the Solistas. 😅

Have my eyes on the Accuphase now.

Yes, timbre-focused listeners, will pick the Susvaras over the 1266, that’s well-put. I am working on a review myself. Will share when complete.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #6,247 of 26,681
Jan 18, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #6,248 of 26,681

20210110_192708-01-01.jpeg

In the following I am omitting the continuous usage of IMO, YMVV etc., being implied that I am simply describing my own, very subjective feelings, and of course I am very positive about people hearing all this in a whole different way.

On the other hand, its fuller, less peaky midrange, virtual absence of distortion and dynamics range limitations bring me to listen to the Susvara at comparatively louder listening levels for best enjoyment.

Bass

random-acces.pngorgan.png

Midrange

Midrange presentation is indeed the ‘center of gravity’ of acoustic music listening. Here, I feel the Susvara is a step or two above the AB-1266 TC, even when accounting to the beneficial effect of the Superconductor cable and a magical Mullard NOS tube I am using with the AIC-10.

bach-suites.pngbach-blechacz.png

Treble

copland.pngmravinsky.png

Soundstage and Imaging

What stands out the most is the imaging, where the TC, supported by their enhanced transparency, allow the various subjects on the scene to be well separated, layered, solidly identified in a 3D space, strengthens the illusory effect of the simulated live experience.

cowboy.pngmisa-criolla.png

Genre Matching

As simplistic as it may be, in my various A/B’s between the two, I saw a pattern forming about what genres I was going to like more with which. In some cases, my preference was clearer, while in other situations it was more a balancing act between the strengths and relative weaknesses described above.

As for opera, jazz, and small acoustical ensembles a timbre-focused listener would most likely choose the Susvara, while a more analytical / spatially focused listener will probably grab the TC (I fall in the latter category), especially when in critical-listening mode.

Amplifiers synergy

atm300.jpg

Wrapping out all this

With the Susvara I tend to lose myself into the music, relax and forget about them. With the TC my heartbeat accelerates, as I prepare to a journey full of surprises and coup-de-théâtre.

20210117_124339-01 (002).jpeg

Awesome and very detail review in sound department! Totally agree with your finding here!

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #6,249 of 26,681
Thanks ,, i ordered the Elite Velour, Elite Hybrid , hope it fit nicely .

Could you please post a photo of the back side of the earpad so that we can see how it is attached to the plastic ring. If it is simply glued along the edge for a width of <1/8" (like HiFiMan's Susvara earpad), then it may be insifficiently durable. I am now using my 5th pair of Susvara earpads because they fall apart far too easily when the glued edges separate from the plastic frame.

Jeff

Jan 18, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #6,250 of 26,681
I'll assume most are not using the HM OEM SE or XLR supplied hp cables.

My SE 1/4" Male Neutrik plug has a little play or wobble between the pin and housing. I am going to contact HM but was wondering if others had noticed this?
I know it is threaded and I did tighten the plastic housing. Likely no big deal since I will be using Norne and WyWires hp cables when I get an adapter but Neutrik parts are usually pretty solid.

Jan 18, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #6,253 of 26,681
Could you please post a photo of the back side of the earpad so that we can see how it is attached to the plastic ring. If it is simply glued along the edge for a width of <1/8" (like HiFiMan's Susvara earpad), then it may be insifficiently durable. I am now using my 5th pair of Susvara earpads because they fall apart far too easily when the glued edges separate from the plastic frame.

Jeff
Sure ,, no problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back