HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #4,216 of 25,626
Well, from the staid (and very puzzling) presentation of that teaser video -- and the classical music, I think we can rule out it being in the "gaming headphone" category.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #4,217 of 25,626
Jul 24, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #4,218 of 25,626
Can @TeamHiFiMAN provide a definitive answer here? Is there a revision of the Susvara that use the 3.5mm connectors? If not, what's up with the pics that @GoldenOne posted? Are we disputing those?

@Malcyg Maybe there are still brand new units left with the 2.5mm connectors and they're also in rotation with the new revision.

I would like official confirmation as well because I would not consider the Susvara unless it has 3.5mm connectors.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #4,219 of 25,626
Well, from the staid (and very puzzling) presentation of that teaser video -- and the classical music, I think we can rule out it being in the "gaming headphone" category.

Indeed, I'd expect higher BPM music and some RGB effects if it were a gaming headphone. :p

was told by a reviewer this isn’t a flagship tier model unfortunately :frowning2:

hope there is little credence in that

Maybe a HEK-tier closed back, if not flagship? I'd be interested in that. Although it's more likely a <$1K model I'd guess.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #4,220 of 25,626
Amazing everyone wants another flagship tier! I’m seeing a very interesting phenomenon occur in the space. Many many many people that would never have considered spending $2000 or more on headphones... let alone $1000.... are now doing so without even batting an eye. It seems like once you step over the line you don’t even consider the price being an issue anymore as long as you’re getting a sound quality boost. And a lot of these people are new entrants into the market I mean literally within the last 24 months. Very interesting

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #4,221 of 25,626
Amazing everyone wants another flagship tier! I’m seeing a very interesting phenomenon occur in the space. Many many many people that would never have considered spending $2000 or more on headphones... let alone $1000.... are now doing so without even batting an eye. It seems like once you step over the line you don’t even consider the price being an issue anymore as long as you’re getting a sound quality boost. And a lot of these people are new entrants into the market I mean literally within the last 24 months. Very interesting

49bo6v.jpg

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #4,223 of 25,626
Can @TeamHiFiMAN provide a definitive answer here? Is there a revision of the Susvara that use the 3.5mm connectors? If not, what's up with the pics that @GoldenOne posted? Are we disputing those?

@Malcyg Maybe there are still brand new units left with the 2.5mm connectors and they're also in rotation with the new revision.

Could be I guess. Hifiman told me that there had been no changes other than glue as I said. I’d expect he’d know what’s going on, but I note that @GoldenOne appears to have received a pair with 3.5mm yet mine are brand new from China with 2.5. A move to 3.5mm seems logical given that HE1000SE made that move. I do know that mine sound a lot better than the loaners and seem easier to drive whilst@GoldenOne says his are a lot harder to drive, so there’s some variance in experience.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #4,225 of 25,626

You mean 1000 let alone 2000! 😬

...actually no you don’t. I think I see your point now.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #4,226 of 25,626
So while I’m waiting for a replacement HEKse, I picked up a Susvara.

Not liking the pairing with the woo audio WA22. Once I switch to the XI Audio Formula S I’m enjoying it much better. Perhaps the WA22 doesn’t push the Susvara to its full potential. The HEKse sound great with any amp.
Gonna roll some tubes to see if it makes a difference.

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #4,227 of 25,626
So while I’m waiting for a replacement HEKse, I picked up a Susvara.

Not liking the pairing with the woo audio WA22. Once I switch to the XI Audio Formula S I’m enjoying it much better. Perhaps the WA22 doesn’t push the Susvara to its full potential. The HEKse sound great with any amp.
Gonna roll some tubes to see if it makes a difference.
Insufficient power man, Susvara is fussy. Sadly the only Woo with enough juice would be the WA33.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 25, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #4,228 of 25,626
Insufficient power man, Susvara is fussy. Sadly the only Woo with enough juice would be the WA33.
I’ll have to tell a friend of mine who’s enjoying it with his wa5 :)

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #4,229 of 25,626
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 25, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #4,230 of 25,626
I’m sure that the WA-234 mono blocks could handle the Susvara as well as the WA5 and WA-33.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back