HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 17, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #2,746 of 25,675
that is the going price i have bought and sold at that price

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #2,748 of 25,675
1a and 1b.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #2,749 of 25,675
Actually I think the tc is ever so slightly my favorite but seeing a susvara sell for low 3 k area the other day used that would be my choice based solely on price

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #2,750 of 25,675
Actually I think the tc is ever so slightly my favorite but seeing a susvara sell for low 3 k area the other day used that would be my choice based solely on price
You gotta get on that RAAL train with everyone else lol.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #2,751 of 25,675
RAAL?

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #2,753 of 25,675
Well, everyone has different viewpoints on personal finances, but IMO if it'll take a year to pay for the cans then you really can't afford them, (...).
Basically that's my main gripe, otherwise the price alone makes all other possible upgrade options for a hp redundant. I'm talking substantially lower than what @jlbrach mentioned (on provision that I keep them available for occasional visitations, so yes, there are strings attached to the price – only way that discount ever made any sense).

Just FYI guys, my friend is also letting go of his original Abyss (1st gen, non phi, etc) with all the "Deluxe" goodies plus a Double Helix balanced cable at €2600 / $2990 (never mind the extra price mentioned for the DH if you're really interested).

I offered to mediate for the sale, hence the ad is written in 1st person.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #2,754 of 25,675
a project to cater for the needs of a diva

Nicely put, that's Susvara in a nutshell. If you can get this at fairly reasonable price, I would. I've heard enough to recognize how special this one is and having one myself, I intend to keep it even though there's still some room left for me to upgrade. Think of it as a long term project, which one day will happen and once it does, you'll be extremely happy. At least I know I will.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 17, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #2,755 of 25,675
RAAL sr1a
I heard the RAAL SR1a's over the weekend driven by an the big Hegel amp and I'd take my Susvara's over them every time. The Phi TC's are another headphone I'd pick over the RAAL SR1a's. The Phi TC vs Susvara is a much, much harder choice, IMO. :)

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #2,756 of 25,675
I heard the RAAL SR1a's over the weekend driven by an the big Hegel amp and I'd take my Susvara's over them every time. The Phi TC's are another headphone I'd pick over the RAAL SR1a's. The Phi TC vs Susvara is a much, much harder choice, IMO. :)
I've heard the Phi CC and Susv but I never heard the SR1a. From what I gathered it's supposed to be a little better "different" than both of those models. Including the TC.

I wasn't that impressed with the Phi CC, but the Susvara is by far my favorite headphone ever. There is something about the sound it produces that gives me goosebumps. It's beautiful.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #2,757 of 25,675
I've heard the Phi CC and Susv but I never heard the SR1a. From what I gathered it's supposed to be a little better "different" than both of those models. Including the TC.
I have jus posted my views about abyss Tc vs sr1a.
I have to say abyss has better than susvara, while sr1a has better imaging than abyss but too high sound pressure and energy to me.
Susvara has its own character that no abyss and sr1a can replace, if you like the presentation it has for the bass and mid, susvara is a very well tune headphone for pop and jazz to me
While abyss 1266tc is great for people who wants neutral sound and great imaging
But susvara has better mid and more bass quantity

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #2,758 of 25,675

I wasn't that impressed with the Phi CC, but the Susvara is by far my favorite headphone ever. There is something about the sound it produces that gives me goosebumps. It's beautiful.
They Susvara's are outstanding headphones no doubt. The Phi TC's are much better than the Phi CC's. The TC's fixes the midrange that almost made the CC's sound v-shaped to my ears. The TC's also seem to be more resolving than the CC's as well. But the Susvara's still has a better midrange than the TC's to my ears. Add in the airy treble of the Susvara's and it edges out to the TC's to me. With that said I still rank them 1a and 1b as the best two headphones I've ever heard.

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #2,760 of 25,675

as i mentioned if i had to choose between the 2 i would take the TC but it is so close that i go back and forth all the time....that said given that the susvara is a few yrs older than the TC the lower price of the susvara makes them the choice as of now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back