HiFiMan Susvara
Aug 9, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #17,297 of 25,607
Do you mean power conditioner?

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #17,299 of 25,607
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #17,301 of 25,607
Now where did u get that? 😆
The first comment right after you posted/reply for my question about ifi diablo powerful enough

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #17,303 of 25,607
Yet you say you are hearing more quality out of the diablo.
after a DAC, yes in headphone mode. The diablo does not have this by itself. I was concluding that the Susvara or atleast Arya can benefit from more amplification. Diablo does sound better than RME DC FS I agree, but not night at day.

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #17,304 of 25,607
1660045665193.gif

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #17,305 of 25,607
I need some help I currently use Nordost Heimdall 2 with my LDC4 and wanted to use the same for my Susvara.

Has any one any experience with the Nordost Heimdall 2 with the Susvara did you move on to a different cable and or any other cable recommendations greatly appreciated.

I getting on perfectly with the Susvara cannot believe how I can listen on low level and really enjoy the music.
I have the heimdall 2 for my utopia and adapters for the susvara.

i like the cable with the susvaras too. Currently i lean slightly towards a Norne copper cable that i have over the silver plated heimdall but i am looking to change my interconnects from chord shawlines with something a but less bright so the heimdall could well get more use soon

the heimdall 2 has been discontinued so you may need adapters. If your system is not too bright could well be worth having a look

imho from my own experience

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #17,306 of 25,607
dCS Rossini Apex > wa33 elite > Susvara (analog, natural, extremely well separated and layered images. The Rossini imaging and layering are spookily realistic)

Of course I am not suggesting one needs a $30,000 chain for the Susvara. Even a $3000 chain like an RME ADI 2 > Roksan K3 Int Amp > Susvara is pretty darn impressive.
IMG_20220803_231906.jpg

100% Agree with dCS Rossini Apex.
100% Agree with no need for such expensive chain. We can get similar amout of enjoyment with the correct synergy with Susvara.

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #17,309 of 25,607
Important disclaimer about the ever-changing bit. The other critical disclaimer would be what DAC is in the chain. I know most of us have just one DAC but the DAC amp synergy to me is critical in addition to the amp Susvara synergy.

Last but not least, depends on your sonic goals with the Susvara. Do we want to harden up on the sound or preserve or even enhance its relaxed nature?

So instead of ranking, below are impressive chains that come to my mind (probably the five most impressive chains with distinct representations of the Susvara sound):

dCS Rossini Apex > wa33 elite > Susvara (analog, natural, extremely well separated and layered images. The Rossini imaging and layering are spookily realistic)

Hegel H390 > mDave > Susvara (right balance of warmth from Hegel and clinical nature of mDave. Highly recommend this chain may be universally appealing. The H190 is great as well)

Accuphase e380 / 480 > mDave > Susvara (bigger stage, more dynamics, a sweeter midrange and treble from Accuphase)

Accuphase e800 > Holo May + HQP > Susvara (audiophile dream true; perfectly analog and neutral but ever so smooth; the e800 is their TOTL amp and is simply wonderful; the HQP is critical and the Sinc Mx filter as it hardens up the sound relative to May on NOS).

Gryphon Kalliope > Gryphon Diablo 300 > Susvara (fun and energetic but damn detailed).

There are probably plenty more lol.

I am told by people whose ears I trust that the Primavera is magical with the Susvara as is the new Feliks 300B.

Of course I am not suggesting one needs a $30,000 chain for the Susvara. Even a $3000 chain like an RME ADI 2 > Roksan K3 Int Amp > Susvara is pretty darn impressive.
Thank you for your detailed response. I’ll basically be running and LPS modded Dave for the time being. I’ll check the Hegel amps. Don’t want the sound the resulting sound to become smoother or rolled off in treble. More bite, some mid forwardness and slight more heft in the bass region would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back