HIFIMAN SuperMini Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #46 of 234
http://penonaudio.com/HiFiMAN-SuperMini

I'm attracted to this for the 70g tbh. The last thing that I need to know is UI features, does it support m3u, OTG playlist building, Lyric support, Song Rating etc, just because those things are important for me. I already have a couple of DAPs that sound good (Alien Shozy and AP100), just seeing if there's something that ticks missing boxes for me.

Wonder what it means by 'small volume'? This player isn't loud lol?

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #48 of 234
  Thread bump. My HM802 sat unused for a few months. Now it has an issue. I charged it for several hours then went to boot and it hung on the boot screen. Only way to get out of that was a battery pull. Now it won't even turn on at all. Tried charging all day and even tried another battery, tried swapping amp card to. Also held the reset button through the little hole in the side. 

Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Anyone? Still can't get it to come on at all.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #53 of 234
So nobody as of yet has ordered the Supermini? If not, I might break down and try it as I'd like a new balanced dap to upgrade past the hiss prone HM700. I'm hoping it'll sonically be an upgrade over 1st Gen Fiio X5 too. At the power output for balanced, I'd be curious how a Senn HD700 sounds.

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #54 of 234

I had the same problem with my HM-901s, it's the battery.

Did you just get a new battery and that fixed the problem? I swapped a known working battery with a friend who has a 901, and still my 802 doesnt work.

I was interested in the Supermini but not if I am concerned about reliability. 

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #55 of 234
I got a new battery, current one are different to the old battery. I'll take some photo later.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #56 of 234
I just placed an order for the supermini, it's coming from HK to Melbourne, so expect a few days. I will have it with my se846 and mh335dw.

I have to say as I am a Chinese, it is rather unusual for supermini to get so less attention here.
It seems like Hifiman just forgot to advertise in the western market this time. 

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #57 of 234
  I just placed an order for the supermini, it's coming from HK to Melbourne, so expect a few days. I will have it with my se846 and mh335dw.

I have to say as I am a Chinese, it is rather unusual for supermini to get so less attention here.

Cool, looking forward to some pics and impressions :D

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #58 of 234
Yes! Finally some potential impressions, this thread needs it. I agree with Bruce on what in the world small volume means. The output power on the specs seem way too high even for balanced audio given the size of the device and the suggested number of playback hours. Honestly, I think the blue on the balanced port looks kinda cheap but that's just me.

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #59 of 234

Do you happened to have a TRRS cable for your SE846 to try the balanced out on the Supermini?

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #60 of 234

Do you happened to have a TRRS cable for your SE846 to try the balanced out on the Supermini?

Unfortunately no, but I do have a whiplash twag V3 TRS cable. Which I will consider having it reterminated if the sound out of unbalanced is satisfactory.

Based on a post on Chinese forum, during prototype stage the SE846 is one of the reference IEM Hifiman used to reduce background noise of the supermini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back