Hifiman SuperMini -- A New DAP
Sep 8, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #46 of 61
You bring back memories of a time long ago. Sadly, my old supermacro wont power up....that thing could blow up koss portapros.......
Funny, Im playing Myst using a EF5 and a HM-801 as a usb dac.

I honestly would consider one of these as a birthday present for someone.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #50 of 61
Here are my impressions of the Supermini. Unfortunately, my unit had some issues so I was not able to get above the default volume level.

1. Very well built, sits perfectly in the hand
  2. Left-handed users will find the buttons align perfectly with your fingers, making them quite convenient to press
  3. Sounds excellent, but is more suited to less-sensitive drivers, such as those in the RHA T20 and Macaw GT100s
  4. Balanced output is very handy
  5. Built from a solid metal, likely an aluminum body
  6. Screen is covered in glass that blends in seamlessly with the bezels, giving the impression of a uniform slab when the screen is off.
  7. Works with TRRS
  8. Good battery life at volume 10
  9. Good visibility in outdoors lighting
  10. Hefty, but not overly heavy
  11. Compact, easy to transport
  12. Clean output, slight brightness

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #51 of 61
What´s the output impedance of the MegaMini and SuperMini in single ended mode? 

This information is not included in the official specifications, but is of interest to those using it for multi-driver balanced armature IEMs with low impedance like the Shure SE846.

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #52 of 61
My review of the SuperMini - http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-supermini-high-res-portable-player/reviews/17092

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #53 of 61
That's an amazing review, well done. I wish it had a digital output.

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #54 of 61
This DAPs got some warts in a lack of features and some problems with microSD card formatting, but it does some totally unique stuff.

It's smaller than a Snickers bar and can drive the HD600 for 10 hours through the balanced output. That is insanity to me. The price of $399 for a balanced DAP is actually really reasonable. It has a lot more power than the Lotoo PAW 5000 and the Cayin N5 and comes with a good pair of balanced headphones. I wasn't impressed with the single-ended output, but the balanced is really awesome. I enjoyed it.

Here's my review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-supermini-high-res-portable-player/reviews/17282

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #56 of 61
I don't think we need two threads on this, so I'm going to lock this one. 

The other thread is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/776047/new-dap-from-hifiman-supermini

Jun 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #60 of 61
Open forum is not the place for this discussion guys.

Audionewbie - open up a FS, specify it as a trade, and explain you're looking for a Supermini. Then you other guys can respond there. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back