Hifiman Sundara (HE400i upgraded, around $500)
Feb 18, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #3,121 of 4,255
I had many problems with Fiio BTR5 USB driver I prefer not buy anything that uses Fiio USB driver.

One question is: Are Zen DAC or XDuoo XD05 upgrades over Lotoo Paw S1? It offers 120 mW/channel (240m mW in total?).

Or maybe you can recommend some separate DAC and AMP for that price?

Even the XDuoo Basic offer 500mW/ch with the Plus providing 1W.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #3,122 of 4,255
Spent the last half hour listening to Zeppelin with my Sundara and Darkvoice 336SE. Wow this headphone and that amp sound sooo good together. Warms and smooths the sound just enough to create that incredible sound experience. Anyone else try this pairing?

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #3,124 of 4,255
E1Da 9038s is really an amazing match for it. its like a little stick between the cables and amazing soundquality + loud enough for my Computer work stuff.

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #3,126 of 4,255
This is a very interesting video and it actually explains a lot of the stuff I’ve been questioning about the Sundara and how it sounds on my head vs the various frequency response charts I’ve come across over the net.
This is indeed a world class headphone.

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #3,127 of 4,255
Spent the last half hour listening to Zeppelin with my Sundara and Darkvoice 336SE. Wow this headphone and that amp sound sooo good together. Warms and smooths the sound just enough to create that incredible sound experience. Anyone else try this pairing?
I'm curious for more impressions. I have a Darkvoice and I'm on the fence of buying a Sundara but I'm not completely sure yet.
Can you give a mini review ? :beerchug:

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #3,129 of 4,255
I simply drive my Sundara with O2+ODAC from JDSLabs. Works like a charm ! (needs a bit more amp than HD650)
The stock cable is a paaaaain. Does anyone know where to find one at a reasonnable price ?

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #3,130 of 4,255
Feb 19, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #3,132 of 4,255
I'm curious for more impressions. I have a Darkvoice and I'm on the fence of buying a Sundara but I'm not completely sure yet.
I see you have 660S so I will compare to that. Sundara is slightly warmer, more bass. The sound signature is more colored IMO. The 660S is more transparent and has better imaging. Sundara soundstage is slightly larger. Both do layering quite well. I think you would really like the Sundara

Feb 19, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #3,133 of 4,255
So, I've had these cans for just over a week now, and I'm really quite impressed.

First, they are the most comfortable headphones I've every worn. There are times they almost disappear on my head, and the clamping force is just right for me too. Strong enough so that when I lean my head back, they don't slip, but not too strong that they cause discomfort.
I simply drive my Sundara with O2+ODAC from JDSLabs. Works like a charm ! (needs a bit more amp than HD650)
The stock cable is a paaaaain. Does anyone know where to find one at a reasonnable price ?
I ordered this one from aliexpress. I haven't received it yet so I can't really comment on it, but it was cheap.

Feb 19, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #3,134 of 4,255
So, I've had these cans for just over a week now, and I'm really quite impressed.

First, they are the most comfortable headphones I've every worn. There are times they almost disappear on my head, and the clamping force is just right for me too. Strong enough so that when I lean my head back, they don't slip, but not too strong that they cause discomfort.

I ordered this one from aliexpress. I haven't received it yet so I can't really comment on it, but it was cheap.
Comfort is quite good especially for planar headphones (try Audeze = nightmare :p) however it is nowhere near AKG K702.

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #3,135 of 4,255

Don't like those cables, the braid is very stiff and plasticky. They work, just not very pleasant to use

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back