HIFIMAN Shangri-La: The New Electrostatic Headphones From HIFIMAN
Oct 11, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #421 of 1,090
SL is going to prove a tremendous waste of engineering resources. There are a few hundred people on the planet who have that kind of money, and in terms of design and SQ, HE1 is far and away the better choice—never mind Sennheiser's established reputation for product quality. SL is an overpriced kitsch toy.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #422 of 1,090
For this to work, they will need to offer the headphones separately.  I think they will make more profit that way.

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #424 of 1,090
I love that they cut the HE-X price to 1299 (old HE-6 price) because it is, as I think I've written, an "over-engineered piece of schiit." I will love my HE-6 forever, though—particularly because I paid $700 for them.

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #425 of 1,090
It's going to very much come down to personal taste. We all hear differently and all want to hear different things, so for some people this will be the stand out best headphone in the world no doubt.

Some may prefer the HD800 on a basic amp for the same reasons. Lucky them, HD800 is poison to my ears though - I could probably find a headphone for less than half the price that is "better sounding" (to me). Different strokes for different blokes.

Generalisations like "Japaneses" and German can make better sound quality are massive irrelevant blanket statements too. I have been to Aldi. Germans are perfectly capable of making crap.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #426 of 1,090
  HD800 can beat HE1000 for more details, less vague and only half costs than. Because of this, I may never trust this hi-Fi brand.  
By far HiFiman built this so-called Shangri-La headphone with lack sense of design, poor quality. Why don't i just bought STAX 009 or even the King - Orpheus? Japaneses & German can make better Sound and Quality!!!

totally disagree , and believe me if you hear HE1000 on high end amplifier such as WA5-LE with upgrade tube and cable and nice dac of course it will change your mind forever , i remember when i heard hd800S for a first time i was in a meeting with some freinds and we compare HD800S + LCD 3 + HE1000 , after listening i was pretty disappointed because i was expecting more improvement compared to original hd800 and they told me c'mon listen to these setup ( ifi Pro ican + lcd 3 and HD800S ) To reset your brain ! difference is incomparable ,  and i can say for sure HE1000 is whole new world into the music pleasure

important matter is personal taste but i am kind of analytical person and i enjoy hd700 and 800 and 800S and i prefer reference analytical sq sig but if i want enjoy the music definitely prefer HE560 over all of those headphones i mentioned

if you want get hd800s sound for lowest possible price get hd700 ( one fourth of hd800s price ) instead and upgrade to silver cable and with rest of the money spent on Better dac and amp and you'll get 80 to 85% HD800S sound but if you want extreme performance hd800s is way to go

couple thing i should mention about chinese brand like hifiman , they should increase the build quality , quality controll , better packaging and accesories

and i haven't heard shangrila yet

just take look at stax headphones you'll pay 400$+ on headphones and you'll get something like child toy and of course because their japanese brand no one judge about awful build quality and yes many pepole said ok ! sound is excellent and that is enough

but this is wrong idea about chinese brand , as i said before the only important matter is personal taste about sound sig

some people may agree with me and some don't

@Koolpep

Edit : 

the major problem with all of the hifiman headphones is there not good for big head when i put in my head and use max size clamp force is high and not comfortable for long hours using , i hope in future they change the entry and mid entry headphone design to somthing like edition x or he1000

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #430 of 1,090
Tyll comment is kinda hilarious, "It sounded pretty good Fang" LOL serious. I know it show condition but. It Fifty F... Gsss....
I'm expecting angels to come down and sing for that much.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #431 of 1,090
  Tyll comment is kinda hilarious, "It sounded pretty good Fang" LOL serious. I know it show condition but. It Fifty F... Gsss....
I'm expecting angels to come down and sing for that much.

For a meet like that, I bet it sounds quite bad.  Too loud to do any worthwhile critical listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back