HIFIMAN Shangri-La: The New Electrostatic Headphones From HIFIMAN
Oct 12, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #436 of 1,090
Oct 12, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #438 of 1,090
  Tyll comment is kinda hilarious, "It sounded pretty good Fang" LOL serious. I know it show condition but. It Fifty F... Gsss....
I'm expecting angels to come down and sing for that much.

ROFL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #440 of 1,090
I wouldn't be surprised if Sennheiser never recoups its research costs through direct sale of he1. Halo products are for the brand. Certainly Apple lost money on solid gold Apple Watch and it did clear damage to their affordable luxury brand.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #442 of 1,090
  Stax spent a lot developing SR-009. Then spent more in making it manufacturable. It didn't sell a lot then because it was very expensive. Even today it is still very expensive to own.

I have two of 'em - Yep, theyre expensive.....   
blink.gif
     ...and, yep they sound reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy gooooooooooooooood...!    
L3000.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #443 of 1,090

I doubt that. Amp and es HP development costs has to be over $100k including his own labor. Then there's advertisements, marketing, shows, etc...

You didn't get my sarcasm.  Still, his payroll is likely a whole lot less than that of Stax & Sennheiser,

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #449 of 1,090
The price makes me mad. It's a lot easier for me to accept Orpheus' pricing. I mean Sennheiser is known for products that survive the test of time both physically and performance-wise and it has the brand name going on for it. Not sure you can say the same about Hifiman. Also for the Orpheus I think it has it's place in the world. It's fairly compact, fairly transportable all-in-one system. Great for rich people who travel a lot or for those who want to enjoy tunes without the hassle. I am not really sure why Shangri La would be a good idea for anybody. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #450 of 1,090
Nobody is forcing you to buy the product.

If it's too costly for you, and they could sell it at a price you could afford, then that's their loss.

If most of the other manufacturers follow suit then they also lose customers.

All you lose is a sonic reproduction product, and your bank manager will be a better friend..

But mostly, your wallet will stop screaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back