HiFiMan Shangri-La Jr (New $8000 Electrostat)
Aug 12, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #173 of 568
Yeah looking at how it's been displayed, they never planned on demoing it. What the hell?

I just went back through the thread looking for Fang's post saying when it was going to be available and can't see it. Perhaps I'm blind or he's deleted it. Suggesting to me there will be delays.

Aug 12, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #174 of 568
IMO Sony should own Stax. Things will be drastically changed.
Sony can make any kind of semicondouctors which is best in the world for electrostatics headphones.
even their DSP will emulate any kind of tube flavor too.
it will be the endgame for the industry...LOL its just my delusion.

Aug 12, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #175 of 568
IMO Sony should own Stax. Things will be drastically changed.
Sony can make any kind of semicondouctors which is best in the world for electrostatics headphones.
even their DSP will emulate any kind of tube flavor too.
it will be the endgame for the industry...LOL its just my delusion.

Why should Sony do that? STAX company went through 2 bankruptcies and is fully own by Edifer. Right now STAX is doing well.

Sony has to get their butt out of the sand. That's all they have to do. A company that released 4 to 5 outstanding/ground breaking headphones. About 3 legendary speakers and walkmans, CDs, Playstations and own movie rights. And soo many other fascinating stuff. They don't need another headphone/ear-speaker compaines. They need them self back again. The 1990s Headphone company call Sony

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #180 of 568
IMO Sony should own Stax.

I'd love to see more companies making electrostatic headphones. That is the only real solution to high prices. If Sony was interested in bring out an electrostatic, I think they would just develop one in-house. It would be interesting to see what a company with Sony's R&D resources and experience in manufacturing highly complex products could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back