HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"
May 21, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #1,801 of 1,984
Honestly, the battery is not a big deal to me, with a power bank like @Queen6 is not a bad solution. But if NP can do it, it's really a miracle but I don't think it can because it's a very small music player compared to sony wm1a
allowing npaudio to remove the 3.5mm altogether for more space + let the back bulk up a bit should allow some more customization options :) hoping for the best! his wm1a mod seems incredible... i just might look into that one too

May 21, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #1,802 of 1,984
ikr haha, asked him few days ago, when I got a positive answer I sent my r2r2k the next day.

I've a feeling the jump from r2r2k to hm1k won't be worth losing the standalone dap, I'm also doubting hard that the sq jump is as big as people hype it out to be..

but if npaudio can do it's miracles on the r2r2k like they did on wm1a (make it a dap that's rivaling cayin n8ii, with 50+ hours of battery) I'll be one happy r2r2k user :)
Nice, for me the player has to be a standalone device as I'm not remotely interested in a slave to the phone. R2R2K has such a special sound. I think that a lot depends on the individual and how they perceive sound. A guy I know designs and validates Delta Sigma DAC's, he laughed at me until he listened... He was absolutely blown away by the R2R2K playing 24 bit HQ vinyl rips as this is analogue in the digital domain and that is simply :sunglasses:

Q-6

May 21, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #1,803 of 1,984
Honestly, the battery is not a big deal to me, with a power bank like @Queen6 is not a bad solution. But if NP can do it, it's really a miracle but I don't think it can because it's a very small music player compared to sony wm1a
I'll post a picture soon, Powerbank is pretty much has the same footprint of the R2R2K and in the region of 7-8mm in depth. More importantly adds 5000 mAh of battery capacity. TBH you'd have to be listening for very long sessions with IEM's or demanding HP's to fully deplete both batteries. Best is that I can just plug in a another Powerbank, I don't think there is any negative impact to the player's battery as it's exercised, yet never fully depleted :)

Q-6

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #1,805 of 1,984
Thinking about selling my R2R2000 Black. Pm Please if interested. Like new, been in a case for the whole of its life, original box etc. Purchased directly from Hifiman at the last London Canjam. It was their demo unit. Loved it so much I persuaded them to sell it to me. Usual battery issues......

While the R3R2K isn't a great DAP to live it's sound is :sunglasses:I auditioned both Black & Red, left the store with this never looked back.
Copper & Silver 2.jpg

One of the most analogue DAP's ever produced....

Q-6

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #1,806 of 1,984
Thinking about selling my R2R2000 Black. Pm Please if interested. Like new, been in a case for the whole of its life, original box etc. Purchased directly from Hifiman at the last London Canjam. It was their demo unit. Loved it so much I persuaded them to sell it to me. Usual battery issues......
any difference between demo units and final versions..?
plan on replacing it with something else?

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #1,807 of 1,984
any difference between demo units and final versions..?
plan on replacing it with something else?
Likely not, sadly R2R2K is already discontinued. HM1000 was a thing for a while, Hifiman clearly understands audio, however UI and SW are not their forte.

That said my favourite source is the R2R2K Red, absolutely stunning when paired with the right HP/IEM dynamic's are off the wall...

Q-6

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,808 of 1,984
This is R2R, it's personal, emotive and deeply engaging. No DS based DAP can touch this player...
1654713608420.png

Q-6

Jun 8, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #1,809 of 1,984
Likely not, sadly R2R2K is already discontinued. HM1000 was a thing for a while, Hifiman clearly understands audio, however UI and SW are not their forte.

That said my favourite source is the R2R2K Red, absolutely stunning when paired with the right HP/IEM dynamic's are off the wall...

Q-6
have you tried the black and hm1k? personally preferred the black over the red

Jun 9, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #1,810 of 1,984
have you tried the black and hm1k? personally preferred the black over the red
Yes, I just preferred the Red R2R2K. I did plan on picking up a Black R2R2K, but left it too late as production was ceased.

Q-6

Jun 17, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #1,812 of 1,984
I am hoping someone can help here. I have a r2r2000 Red that I was working just fine. Earlier today, I noticed that if I put it in Hifi mode, sound will come only on left side. However, if put it in ECO mode, sound is perfectly balanced on both sides. No amount of restart, reset helps.

Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance!

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #1,813 of 1,984
I am hoping someone can help here. I have a r2r2000 Red that I was working just fine. Earlier today, I noticed that if I put it in Hifi mode, sound will come only on left side. However, if put it in ECO mode, sound is perfectly balanced on both sides. No amount of restart, reset helps.

Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance!
maybe firmware reset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back