HIFIMAN RE2000 Silver Loaner tour
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #76 of 90
I have spent about a week with the RE2000. I posted my thoughts on the RE2000 thread. I thought I would copy and paste them here also:

"The tour RE2000 arrived at my door yesterday. Here are my initial thoughts that I wrote in my phone while listening to them for about 3 hours total:

Smooth
Tight bass. Not too much. A mixture of sub and mid bass. Somewhere in-between.
Treble is smooth
Mids are present and smooth. Very mild V
Will work really well for long listening sessions
Short tip
Shallow insert. Spiral dots worked well for me.
Comfortable
Worthy of the price tag
Very light.
DD sound of these do remind me of B &W floorstanding speakers in the $2500 range.
Average imaging
5th row seating.
Not front row
Not distant
Works for all genres
Not bass head
Not hot annoying longer session treble
Not cold
Not analytical
Not boring"

"I have been able to spend more time with the RE2000 over the past week. I do not have much to add to what I posted above except complete sentences and that the RE2000 is the real deal. Excellent DD Timbre. Hold on that was not a complete sentence :)

The RE2000 has correct timbre and the sub bass is a joy with a smooth flow into the mid bass that does not bleed anywhere else. The treble is neither hot nor non-present. It is also correct. This is a safe IEM that really does sound like a smooth 2 channel system.

The fit for me is excellent and comfortable for long sessions.

I have no issue recommending the RE2000 to someone that wants a smooth sounding IEM with everything present. It may have a mild V signature but I am doubting that right now. The vocals are appropriately forward and not sitting annoyingly back behind the bass or treble.

Well done Hifiman!

Mark"

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #77 of 90
As we begin to run low on people wishing to take part we have decided to lower the number of units in circulation. Now, as we dont have a real use for the now used demo units we have decided to give one away. We took a look at the reviews and picked the review by @Wiljen as the best written / made review so far.

We hope this will act as an extra little incentive to all those taking part in our loaner tours.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #79 of 90
Wow! and thank you Hifiman! That's a heck of a prize, I am honored and humbled.

Wiljen

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #80 of 90
As we begin to run low on people wishing to take part we have decided to lower the number of units in circulation. Now, as we dont have a real use for the now used demo units we have decided to give one away. We took a look at the reviews and picked the review by @Wiljen as the best written / made review so far.

We hope this will act as an extra little incentive to all those taking part in our loaner tours.
Could you add me as I was looked over....
Thanks!!

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #81 of 90
I am interested in participating. I am from Georgia in the USA! I am a very experienced audio enthusiast as well as inspiring YouTuber. Hope I get this amazing opportunity!

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #82 of 90
Are there any slots left on this tour? Hifiman is a brand I’ve yet to try and I’ve had my cursor hover over the buy button for the RE2000 more than once!

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #83 of 90
Good afternoon my friends, I hope everyone's well. I received the tour unit Tues. and have been putting a fair amount of hours and my initial impressions are that it's a very revealing iem that leans towards the colder sound sig. but with that being said, female vocals sound wonderful through them. There is a notable treble spike that does get uncomfortable at times but it mainly only appears on treble heavy pieces. Still a lot of listening to do but I will leave off by saying that these are very airy sounding iems that are awesome to listen to orchestras through.

EDIT: For those interested, my unboxing video can be viewed here.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #84 of 90
Dec 15, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #85 of 90
I am interested in participating. I am from Georgia in the USA! I am a very experienced audio enthusiast as well as inspiring YouTuber. Hope I get this amazing opportunity!

You may not start a private message with NiTROAUDiO because of his or her privacy settings.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #86 of 90
Hello team Hifiman,
My name is Tj Bennett and I would like to be part of this loaner program. I live in Pennsylvania in the U.S.
After trying some armature earphones I'm very much set on getting a dynamic driver earphone. There's a short list of models available in the dynamic category but the Re2000 is top of the list so this program is perfect for my needs. Thank you!

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #87 of 90
Hi. I just noticed this, and, if it is still possible to sign up, I'd like to be on the tour. I'm in the US, in New Jersey. Thanks

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #88 of 90
Hello everyone!!!

I'd like to post my very short first impression. Upon my first listen, I felt that the RE 2000's sound was congested and extremely unfocused.. The vocals and instruments were heard playing on top of each other with no micro details in the mix. However, I did like the crystal clear highs and clapping symbols which is a plus for me!!
I will continue my listen and post my full review shortly...
Thanks for reading!!

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #89 of 90
Hello everyone!!!

I'd like to post my very short first impression. Upon my first listen, I felt that the RE 2000's sound was congested and extremely unfocused.. The vocals and instruments were heard playing on top of each other with no micro details in the mix. However, I did like the crystal clear highs and clapping symbols which is a plus for me!!
I will continue my listen and post my full review shortly...
Thanks for reading!!

Woah, that's pretty different from other things others mention.

Curious if your impressions change with time.

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #90 of 90
The artists I auditioned first was the Les Nubians and the track was "La Guerre." This song, in particular, gets very busy from the middle to the end and the RE 2000's did not handle it well at all.
I need more time to get into these more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back